Thursday 28 November 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  
 
 


Vintage Recipes and Recipe Booklets.  I have quite a few of them that I have saved through the years.  There is a lot of tastiness there.  I don't always like to follow trends, and I don't think that just because something is old it no longer has any value. Vintage recipes booklets are filled with lots of memories and some wonderful gems.  



(source)  

Stroopwafels, and until you have used one as a lid for your hot drink you haven't really lived. 
A - Maze - Ing! To say the least. 


Lime Jello. I know it is filled with artificial colours and flavours, but it is something I have always loved.  We can't get it over here.  I wish we could.  


  

Petit Fours.  Little baby cakes, bite sized, beautifully decorated.   Each one a delight. 



Classic novels.  Jane Eyre.  Pride and Prejudice.  Little Women. Anne of Green Gables. I could go on, but I am sure you know what I mean. These books never get old.  



  

Clocks and the tick-tocking.  Its a comforting sound. So happy I know how to tell time the old-fashioned way.  Are children still taught this?  



Terrariums.  Little green worlds  . . .  mysterious  . . . magical . . . 



Wreaths . . .  any season  . . .  especially rustic ones . . . 


 
(source)  


Beautiful stonework, especially in diverse and unexpected places  . . . 



Old painted portraits . . .  especially of unknown peoples  . . .  I wonder about the people in them.  They fuel my imagination. 


  

This  . . . . 




Tea balls and infusers . . . 


  

Anything edged with lace  . . .  especially linens  . . . 




Silouettes . . . 


   

Pretty soup tureens  . . . 


(source)  


Blue eyes  . . .  mom had the prettiest blue eyes  . . . 


(source)  


Warm sweaters . . .  mother of pearl buttons  . . . 


(source)  


 Blue and white anything   . . .



Mittens  . . .  I much prefer them over gloves  . . . .



  
(source


Chubby little fingers  . . .  kiss, kiss  . . . 


(source)  


Pretty windows  . . . .




Pretty door knobs  . . . 


  
(source

A world where animals do people things  . . . 


(source)  

Pearls and embroidery  . . . . 




Gingerbread Houses  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours???

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The six best Doctors:
Sunshine, water, rest,
air, diet and exercise.
~Wayne Fields•。★★ 。* 。 



 

Nothing new in the kitchen today. Our dishwasher broke yesterday, AGAIN, and its the new one!  I had to take everything out and wash it by hand, and then we sorted the kitchen cupboads out  yet again.  But here is something tasty and from my archives.  Classic Beef Chili.  


Have a wonderful Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving to my American family and friends!  No matter what you get up to, stay safe, be happy and don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     



 




6 comments:

  1. Your favourites are my favourites, Marie. Loved those pretty petite-fours and the lovely pile of soft, warm sweaters. White pillow cases trimmed with white lace remind me of a new winter snowfall, all crisp and clean. Hope your dishwasher is working now. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not working yet Elaine. We are waiting for an Engineer to come out. He'll be coming sometime tomorrow, which is causing me a bit of stress because I am supposed to take a meal to Tina tomorrow and see if she needs anything. Its "my day" to do it. All the ladies in our church are doing specific days as this prevents us from all showing up on the same day. I know she won't mind, but I am such a rule follower and hate operating outside of the system if you know what I mean! I will cope, but am really hoping that the engineer comes more earlier than later so that I can get to Tina's at a reasonabe time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. That dishwasher!!:( Yes all the same pretties I appreciate also:)
    Petits~Fours are impossible to find now:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Monique! And this is the new one! I went to empty it and it was still full of water and no power! Hoping they can fix quickly. You will have to make your own Monique! I bet you could do lovely ones! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I am sorry about your dishwasher!! Our garbage disposal has been on the fritz for over a month now...but no hurry from management!! That is how it goes!! Love that saying with the cute dog...live like someone left the gate open!! Never heard that one before...but for me personally, I should view all rejection in that light I think!! Thank you!! And today YOU and your blog are one thing I feel thankful for!!
    Sending hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for saying so Elizabeth! Hope your garbage disposal gets fixed soon! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!