Tuesday 8 October 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, October 8th, 2019

Outside my window ...
 It is still dark, dark, dark ... and quiet, but it appears to be dry, which is always a bonus!

I am thinking ... 
We have been tidying and getting rid of stuff, a little bit each day. It is refreshing, and unburdening.

I am thankful for ...
Having been born of goodly parents.  So many are not. They have cared for me always.

In the kitchen ... 
Maple & Butter Baked Squash 
Maple & Butter Baked Squash. Seriously delicious.  I had a heck of a time cutting them in half, but once I managed to do that, the rest was easy peasy.

On my "To Cook" list ... 
Everything Bagel, Pull Apart Bread.  From Sally's Baking Addiction. Looks great!  
Good to know ... 
Not sure if this works, but I'm going to try it.
I am creating ... 

Pennylane Primitives on Etsy.  Downloadable PDF, not too expensive. Felt autumn table matt or wall hanging.



Happy Mandela by Frankie on Ravelry. Free pattern. 



Autumn Wreath by Kate Eastwood on Ravelry. Love this!   



One Little Project.  Paper Spiderwebs.  



Frugal Fun for Boys.  Lego Pumpkin Lanterns. Fun!  


I am reading ... 


Cider with Rosie, by Laurie Lee 

Cider with Rosie is a wonderfully vivid memoir of childhood in a remote Cotswold village, a village before electricity or cars, a timeless place on the verge of change. Growing up amongst the fields and woods and characters of the place, Laurie Lee depicts a world that is both immediate and real and belongs to a now-distant past.

Apparently this is only book one, but I am enjoying it thus far.

I am looking forward to ...
Hopefully going to see  Downton Abby this week.

Dreaming of ... 


Embroidered Tea Cloths  . . . 


  

Lace Lined Shelves


Handknit Mittens  . . . 


  

"Come to Dinner" bells  . . . 



Mr and Mrs  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  

Anything Tasha Tudor  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Schitts Creek on Netflix. Todd doesn't quite get it, but I enjoy it all on my own. 

A thought to carry with you  ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。
° 。

 ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
A candle loses nothing
by lighting another candle.
~James Keller •。★★ 。* 


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Restormel Castle, Lostwitheil, Cornwall.  Standing in ruins amid beautiful countryside, Restormel is one of the most remarkable castles in Britain. The present circular structure, built in the late 13th century, was a luxurious retreat for its medieval owners and was twice visited by Edward, the Black Prince. The castle commands fantastic views across the valley of the river Fowey.


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!    

   


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Good, as always, to catch up with you here... LOVE the squash recipe--YUM! While we don't have as big a squash selection here, we are able to get butternut squashes, and we're really enjoying those at the moment in soups, stews and bakes. That pull apart bread looks really good. I've not been baking bread much these days, as I've not been eating it and TJ prefers porridge in the morning... but I might have to try that bread! ;) LOVE that autumn/pumpkin felt mat. I saw that autumn wreath on Ravelry--it is stunning! A long time ago I read Cider with Rosie--very sweet! Wishing you all there a lovely week, dear friend! LOVE YOU LOTS!! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore squash in any way shape or form Tracy! I am enjoying catching up with you on IG. You eat such delicious looking food! Love and hugs to you and TJ and Luna. Love you lots also! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love Tasha Tudor, too. I have several books by her and about her. She certainly listened to the beat of a different drummer and she thrived. I admire her courage. That bread looks delicious. Your squash are too pretty to eat. We always have squash as part of our Thanksgiving feast. Enjoy your day, my friend. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have squash on Thanksgiving as well Elaine. Most disappointing is there is never any turkey available in the shops for us to enjoy a Canadian Thanksgiving. It is really annoying as I would love to do so. I end up having to wait to enjoy it at the time of the American Thanksgiving. Maybe my children will be here then so we can enjoy it together. Now that's a happy thought! I, too, admire Tasha Tudor. She was such an inspiration! Love and hugs, and happy day wishes! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Squash..yum..Tasha..love..that wreath is so you! I pinned that bread too..must make! I love pull aparts and this one looks fab.Hope you see DA..I have seen great great reviews across the board but some girls I follow have found fault and that's fine..I wasnt looking you know what I mean? J did..I didn't..we started SC..it makes J laugh..takes more for me;) Started Queer Eye on my own..this season ..had not watched the rest but I will..I cry at every show..and I love those guys.So nice and fun and GOOD people.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Queer Eye! I have promised myself I am going to try that bread Monique! I think some people would find fault with anything. I don't think anything about Downton Abby could ever disappoint me! You have a great day also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I like the cute spider webs done just like paper snowflakes. Great idea. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was particularly struck with that as well Pam, especially with Halloween just around the corner! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    So glad that you are getting a bit of a reprieve from the rain, I'm sure that dry days are a bonus this time of year. We are going to have a warm day, one of the last for us for a while.

    Cleaning out is such a good thing! I have been doing the same thing. Right now I have half a room full of things to go to Good Will!

    So many creative and fun ideas! I really love the felt table mat and the crocheted wreath. Whenever I see polka-dotted mushrooms, I think of you!

    I love Schitts Creek too!! Bob doesn't get it, but I laugh my head off! It's kind of crude sometimes...makes me laugh even harder ;0)

    Have to run. I have a dentist appt. bright and early today.

    Love you dear friend!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your day-book entries. I am sure I have said that many times.
    I'm hoping to start some good old fashioned cleaning and purging of stuff at my home soon.
    I love the dishes,
    I always love looking at all of your creative ideas and wish I had a moment to start a project and then complete it.
    I love the dishes, the tea cloths and the lace along with the adorable mittens.
    May you have a weekend with less pain for sure. Sending prayers, love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!