Tuesday 29 October 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .



FOR TODAY, October 29th, 2019 

Outside my window ...
Its still very dark but it should be getting light out soon.  Its also very cold. I have the heat on this morning. I did yesterday morning also.

I am thinking ...
I wish I had an egg mcmuffin. Why are the English Muffins at McDonalds always so soft? I've never been able to buy one in the shops that soft! Wish I could!

I am thankful for ...
Just to be alive.  I have ever so much left to do. Not ready to go just yet!  Will I ever be ready? Is anyone?

In the kitchen ...
Nothing new but I am sharing  this.


Cinnamon Roll Croissants.  A real doddle to make and incredibly moreish.  


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Boston Girl Bakes.  Brown Sugar Brioche Cinnamon Rolls.  Wow!  

Good to know ... 

(source)  



I am creating ... 
  

Practicing sketching from this book.  Working on a pear at the moment. 


  

Crocheting a Baby Blanket.  Its the darndest thing.  The yarn is quite different than anything I have used before.  It is 100% lambs wool and very thin.  Apparently when you finish what you are crocheting you wash the article at 40* and the yarn fluffs out and becomes very soft.  Seriously the yarn for the whole kit fit into a box about 8 inches by 10 inches. Its like magic. It is a surprise for someone.  Not that they deserve it, but if you always do the right thing, nobody can accuse you of doing the wrong thing. 

(source)  

Love this pin cushion. Its a kit that you buy.  



Crochet Santas  . . .  its in Chinese, but the symbols look easy to follow. 



Kathy and Kiddos. Clothespin Reindeer.  


I am reading ... 

 

The Beekeeper's Promise, by Fiona Valpy 
Heartbroken and hoping for a new start, Abi Howes takes a summer job in rural France at the Château Bellevue. The old château echoes with voices from the past, and soon Abi finds herself drawn to one remarkable woman’s story, a story that could change the course of her summer—and her life.

 In 1938, Eliane Martin tends beehives in the garden of the beautiful Château Bellevue. In its shadow she meets Mathieu Dubosq and falls in love for the first time, daring to hope that a happy future awaits. But France’s eastern border is darkening under the clouds of war, and history has other plans for Eliane…

When she is separated from Mathieu in the chaos of German occupation, Eliane makes the dangerous decision to join the Resistance and fight for France’s liberty. But with no end to the war in sight, her loyalty to Mathieu is severely tested.

I am enjoying this book. It takes place in an area of France which Todd and I spent a few weeks a number of years ago, which adds to the pleasure.
  
I am looking forward to ...
The annual Ladies dinner that the women of my church have every year at Plas Hafod in Wales. It is always a lot of fun.  I hope my back is better by then! 

Dreaming of ... 


Alcove bedrooms  . . . 


  

Almost makes perfect.  LOVE this idea!  Extra seating and storage. 



Patchwork quilts . . . 



Writing Desks  . . . 


  

A place for everything and everything in its place  . . . 

Makes me smile ...  


   


Who doesn't love a love story?  I enjoy this, but Todd is only so-so with it.  


Something to watch ... 

  

I can't tell you how many times I have watched this film. Love everything about it.  Especially Elizabeth Taylor and her clothes, the house, etc. 

A thought to carry with you  ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。° 。
 ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
You must learn to trust
that there is a future 
that is waiting for you 
that is beyond what you
might be able to grasp
at this present moment.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


Portmeirion in Wales.  Maybe we will visit when my children are here next Spring.  Its on my bucket list in any case. 

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!    

   





14 comments:

  1. I agree that the Egg McMuffins were tasty at McDonalds...we haven't had any in ages (diabetes...not a good choice). But actually? Make a superior biscuit...and some egg and sausage (turkey sausage homemade is my fav) and cheese...would taste awfully good too!!
    Wow that yarn does sound interesting tho being allergic to wool and lamb, I could not use it (I have used bamboo yarn however and it is awfully nice too)...be sure to let us see your completed work!!
    Keep drawing...you do have talent!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have Diabetes too Elizabeth but it is well controlled so I treat myself once in a blue moon! Yes a superior biscuit would also be very good. I can't wait to finish my blanket and wash it to see it all fluffed out! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Some lovelies here for early in the week... how lovely the crochet blanket you are working on! That woolly sheep pin cushion is adorable. Alhose red & floral storage boxes--so pretty, so tidy! And that writing desk... *swoon*...that whole corner--I'll take it! ;) I've always loved little writing desks like that, still dream of having one. Portmeirion looks an amazing place! We've not managed to get to the western part of the UK... MUST DO! Happy week, dear friend... LOVE YOU LOADS!! :) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get here to the West side, especially the North West part/North Wales, we have a spare room you are welcome to stay in Tracy. It would be so lovely to see you and TJ again! Love you to bits. ((((hugs)))) xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. When I want soft soft bread ..say for a smoked meat sandwich on a rush dinner night...I moistened a paper towel lightly and wrap my 2 slices of rye bread it it.Pop in the micro 10 secsUltra soft.
    Never had a egg McMuffin though.
    I like Oder new love but not the TinaFey one so far.
    Loving the Kominsky Method this season⭐️Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I wish we could get real rye bread here Monique! We get Swedish rye which is not the same thing at all. YOU need a good Jewish rye bread for a smoked meat sandwich! OH. love, love, love smoked meat sandwiches! We have only just seen the one with Anne Hathaway. Looking forward to the others. I love the Kominsky Method! We are still on season 1! Happy day to you also! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Season 2 is even BETTER!!!:) Smoked Meat is a rare treat..but how good I agree!!

      Delete
    3. I need to go to Costco and get me some today, lol. You have made me hungry for one! xo

      Delete
  4. Always better doing the right thing for sure. I hope the blanket will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie~

    It's cold here as well, a few minutes ago I looked at the thermometer and it was 11.4 degrees,,,bbbbrrrr! Most of the schools were closed today. I would love to have a nice fire about right now.

    I'm prone to depression, and I'm feeling it this week. We are having a RS activity in November all about depression, I feel like I need it. This is the time of year that it always starts for me so I'm looking forward to it.

    The baby blanket is really interesting, and you are right, always best to do the right thing. I think most of us have had to figure that one out the hard way.

    I love the pin cushion and patchwork quilts always make me feel cozy.

    Have a wonderful rest of the day, sweet Marie...XOXOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Barb, I am so sorry you struggle with Winter depression. I know it is a common complaint amongst many. My sister suffers from it as well. Saying extra prayers for you and hoping that this year will be better for you! How wonderful that you are having a RS activity based around it. Love you my sweet friend, xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie, do you have a Macdonald's in Chester? I love their Egg and Bacon MacMuffin and it's nice now that they serve them all day. Is the blanket in the picture the same colours as your blanket? I've always believed that sometimes the right thing to do is the hard thing to do. I'm just in from having my flu shot. Got the extra-strength one for seniors. I hardly felt the needle as she released the serum very slowly. It made all the difference in the world. It's a little tender now, at the site but that is normal. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have McDonalds in Chester and I wish they served them all day instead of just for breakfast! It is wicked but I love their hashbrowns too! Doing the right thing is not always easy for sure, but it is always worth it in the long run I think! I had my flu shot last month. I think that is so worth getting. I would not be without it now! Hope your arm is not too tender for too long. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!