Monday 21 October 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  
 
 
  
 
My handsome grandson Jon.  He's 13 now. Its hard to believe. He is my second oldest grandson, by a couple of months.  He's a wonderful boy.  Sensitive and caring, despite any difficulties he might have. I think he's pretty special.  
 
But then again, all my grandchildren are very special to me.
 
 
Sunday Facetimes with Doug. He is about 9 months old in this photograph. Not much has changed. He still has the crazy hair and that endearing smile.  Love him to pieces.  How I ended up with this photograph I will never know, but I am grateful that I did. He was always such a little happy baby.  He was the only baby I was able to relax and enjoy giving birth to. He was the only one where I was offered pain relief during labour and I was like "YES PLEASE!"  So I actually got to see him being born. I remember afterwards they lay him on my chest, right away and he was looking up at me with those wise eyes of his.  I could tell this was an old soul right away. A thinker. It was a very tender moment and I am brought to tears just thinking about it.  He is still a thinker and we still have tender moments.  I am so very grateful that he survived his heart attack earlier this year and that we have these special times on facetime. I hate that I live so far away from all five of my babies, but I am ever grateful for the three that stay in touch. It means the world to me, and I do not take it for granted.  

 

There was some kind of community happening going on where my son lives at the weekend.  This is Josh and Jake having fun with a firehose!  What is it about boys and firehoses?  The two just go together like peas and carrots.  They were aiming for a target of some sort.  Love these munchkins.  Josh showed me his Halloween Costume yesterday, or at least the mask.  SCARY!  I told him if he knocked on my door I would have to give him all the candy because I would be afraid  not to! Jake was showing me his video games.  I have video game envy!   



This has gone onto my Amazon Wish List!  It has all the games on it that I used to play with my boys when they were growing up.  Sonic, Toe Jam & Earle, Micky Mouse, Tetris, and a whole lot more.  We used to have so much fun together. I was lousy at all the games, but I expect that was half the fun!  Nothing like being able to laugh at your mother's ineptitude at games, or being able to laugh at yourself!!  



Jake and Josh walking the trail near their home. Love these two brothers/grandsons and the relationship that they have with each other. They seem to get along great for the most part!  I am sure they have their moments as any siblings do.  But there is love there and you can see it. 

My son had just gotten back from a long walk when he facetimed me.  I am grateful that he is able to do that now and is getting stronger every day.  His meds are all working and he is cooking, adjusting, etc. Learning to live without salt has been the big one for him. We should all do that! 


  

My mother had sent me several tubes of this through the years. It is amazing stuff.  I am almost out of it now, but it is helping to give me some relief in any case.  I can't get it over here for some reason. I have looked and looked.  The little I have left is very precious to me so I am eaking it out. When I was using it yesterday it dawned on me that it was like my mother was still ministering to me.  That thought brought tears to my eyes and was a tender mercy to me.  The thought that although she is no long with us in body, she is still able to minister to me when I need her most.  I could feel her love for me, I really could.  Thank you mom. I love you too and always will. 


   

Grateful for each of you and your prayers and happy thoughts. I can feel them.  They are helping to strengthen me and keep me going when the big baby in me just wants to lay down and quit.  Chronic pain is so debilitating . . .  spiritually and mentally wearing.  Knowing that I have people praying for me helps me a great deal and I am very thankful for that.  THANK YOU! 

I have not been able to go to church or partake of the Sacrament for two weeks now.  I am missing it a great deal.

And with that I need to get off here.  It is taking me twice as long to do things these days, and I can't stay in any one position for any length of time, so I will heave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
When you turn your
worries into worship,
God will turn your 
battles into blessings.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 



Cheesy Taco Bow Ties 

In The English Kitchen today.  Cheesy Taco Bow Ties.  A great use of leftovers all in one skillet supper.


I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of small and wonderful blessings.  Don't forget along the way! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
And I do too!  
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Lovely boys all of them..Again..take care..hope it all gets better soon soon soon.Vicks Vaporub used to make me feel my mom was still taking care of me when I had a cold after she left♥Sweet sweet caring moms.
    Never was a gamer lol..never..my girls weren't either..we didn't have any..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count your blessings and you will feel better. I know you do that anyway. Prayers that soon you'll get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the topical is of some help...never have seen or heard of that brand before...maybe one of your kin in Canada will send some...hope so!! I have a cream that helps a great deal with arthritic pain...though it is not advertised to help pain...but it surely does...made from wild yams and other stuff. Still asking GOD to help you!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Your boys, big and little are so handsome! All those wonderful memories, such a blessing. Don't you just love technology for the things like, Facetime and Marco Polo? We use Marco Polo, not quite like Facetime, but my phone does not support that app.

    Bob always uses a, tens muscle stimulation machine when he is having back pain. I know you get get a pretty decent one on Amazon for about 30 dollars, it's worth a try, it really makes a huge difference for him. He has suffered with terrible back pain for years. I have never heard of the ointment, but I am pretty sure that your mom was and is ministering to you, Marie, she is with you, helping you with your struggles.

    Always in my prayers, sweet friend! XOXOXOX

    Gentle Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!