Thursday 31 October 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you. 
  
 

This Harris Tweed Dog Brooch. Not on the High Street. Cute!  



They come in cats as well, and mice! 


  

I love LOVE going to new places! 



Gold cuticles  . . . 


  

Cream Buns . . .  



Funny memes  . . . 


  

Grease  . . .  is the word, is the word . . . is the word . . . 



Real linen sheets, not that I have any, but a gal can dream . . . 


  

Wendy Houses.  Apparently there is one at Windsor Castle that the Queen and her sister used to play in. I have seen the one at Chartwell (Churchill's home.) As a child I would have loved to have a Wendy House. This looks like the cadillac of Wendy Houses.


  

Vintage Advertising . . . 



Family Affair . . .  I wanted Cissy's clothes and hair  . . . 


  

Arched doorways  . . . 


Screen doors  . . . .  



  

Paper shelf liner . . .  


  

Foot stools  . . . 


  

Cups and saucers  . . . 



Now how did he get in there  . . . . ahem  . . . 


  

Joan Fontaine  . . .  did you know she was still alive? 



This  . . . . 


  

Sandwich spread sandwiches  . . .  yes, on cheap white bread.   



Halloween  . . .  mwha, mwha, mwha, mwha . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  Must move as my back is protesting.  Oh, great news!  The chiropracter had an opening come up for this afternoon, so I took it!  Here's hoping!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Only people who are 
not happy with themselves
are mean to others.
Remember that. •。★★ 。* 。 




Soul Cakes 

I made Soul Cakes for Halloween.  


Have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     







8 comments:

  1. Lots of favourites today. I used to love Sandwich Spread. I guess I still do but haven't had any for years. My mom used it to make devilled eggs instead of mayonaise. They were so good. Sure hope your chiropractor appointment goes well and you get some relief from your pain. I enjoyed learning all about Soul Cakes. It is supposed to be a rainy 🎃 Halloween here. Some parts of Quebec haved postponed Halloween till tomorrow due to the bad weather. Is wee Grace going to dress up? Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw no less than 6 flocks of geese flying south for the winter this morning Elaine! I wonder if we are going to have an early winter. Brrrr. It is cold already. It is overcast so far, not sure if we are going to have rain for Halloween or not. We don't get many trick or treaters. I buy treats in hope, but we only get a handful each year it seems. I always buy sandwich spread, in a very small jar. I get about half of it eaten before I have to throw it away, lol. Every once in a while I just crave a slice of white bread with butter and sandwich spread on it! CHildhood memories I suppose! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean about having to throw out the remainders of a jar of something. I gave my sister a recipe that called for half a can of tomato 🍅 soup. She asked me what to do with the other half of the soup. I told her she could throw it out now or put it in the fridge and throw it away in two weeks, lol. Hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. Yeh I used to fret about half tins of stuff, but not anymore. If I got what I can use out of it and it gets thrown, then I am alright with that! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I do hope that appointment makes a difference for you and is great news and not a disappointment. Paying for only good news!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!