Tuesday 24 September 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, September 24th, 2019

Outside my window ... 
 Although it is now past 7 a.m. it is still fairly dark and the sky is very overcast. It is rainy and windy. We are getting the last vestiges of Hurricane Humberto. 

I am thinking ... 
Wondering if I should make an appointment with the Doctors Surgery. Yet another night where I did not get to sleep until gone 1 am, and then only bitty sleep after that.  I haven't gotten a good nights sleep since I added the new BP Tablet to my meds.

I am thankful for ...
SO thankful I don't have job because I am not sure how I would be performing by now with such poor sleep. Its been a week now.

In the kitchen... 
 
Ritz Cracker Pie 
 
Ritz Cracker Pie. Oh my word, but this is delicious.  Dangerously so.  
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Creamy Breakfast Polenta from Baker Bettie.  With a poached egg, bacon  . . .  looks so good!  We would eat it for supper however. 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
And yet lots of places sell bags of bread crumbs to feed ducks.  I wonder if this is true or not?? 
It does make sense. 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
I found a source for cardboard Putz Houses. You just need to put them together and then decorate. They even have a Salt Lake Temple. 
 
 
It is a shop called Items Box on Etsy.   I am thinking about it.  


 
 
Cupcake Ornament. I can't find a source. But it appears to be a glass bauble glued into a cupcake wrapper with a cherry on top, glitter icing and a ribbon for hanging. Cute!  


 
  
 
I couldn't find a source for these either, but they are so very pretty. Looks simple enough to make easily. 
 
 
Christmas Countdown, to buy on Etsy.  But how easy would this be to make?  Not too hard I don't think and what a cute idea.  
 
 

One Little Project.  Yarn Ornaments.  Cute!  Easy! 
 
 
I am reading ... 

 
 
Everything I Never Told You, by Celeste Ng
 
Lydia is the favourite child of Marilyn and James Lee; a girl who inherited her mother's bright blue eyes and her father's jet-black hair. Her parents are determined that Lydia will fulfill the dreams they were unable to pursue - in Marilyn's case that her daughter become a doctor rather than a homemaker, in James's case that Lydia be popular at school, a girl with a busy social life and the centre of every party. But Lydia is under pressures that have nothing to do with growing up in 1970s small town Ohio. Her father is an American born of first-generation Chinese immigrants, and his ethnicity, and hers, make them conspicuous in any setting.


When Lydia's body is found in the local lake, James is consumed by guilt and sets out on a reckless path that may destroy his marriage. Marilyn, devastated and vengeful, is determined to make someone accountable, no matter what the cost. Lydia's older brother, Nathan, is convinced that local bad boy Jack is somehow involved. But it's the youngest in the family - Hannah - who observes far more than anyone realises and who may be the only one who knows what really happened.

Thoroughly enjoying this! Gripping!  Its a not able to put down read. I am going to be sad when I finish it.  I am about 3/4 of the way through it now. I start to read, fall asleep, put it away and then wake up.  Start to read, fall asleep, put it away and then wake up.  Again and again.  So I am not getting very far very fast and keep having to re-read what I have read, but it is a really good book folks! 
 
I am looking forward to ...
I was looking forward to an overnight Temple Trip with the ladies from my church Ward, but I am going to give it a miss because of my sleep problems. Maybe next time.

Dreaming of ... 
 
 
A White Christmas  . . .  it will never happen, but a gal can dream  . . . 
 
 
  
 
White ceramic votives . . . 

 
Glittery and sparkly . . . 
 
 
  
 
Beautifully wrapped gifts  . . . 


 
Snowflake Marshmallows  . . .  real simple.   
 
 
Makes  me smile ... 
 
 
 Pherenice Ellylon Silverembers . . .  that's me! 
 
 
Something to Watch ... 
 
 
Watched this the other day.  Had not seen it since 1988. It was nice to revisit it. 
 
 
A Thought to carry with you  . . . 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
First say to yourself
what would you be?
And then do what
you have to do... 
~ Epictetus•。★★ 。* 。 
 

Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
Churchill Arms Pub, in full bloom. London . . . 
 
 
And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!    

   


12 comments:

  1. Sleepless here too..so I hear you.:(Lots of cutie things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At our local parkes they have signs up not to feed the ducks. They say they get filled up on bread then don't eat the things they should to make them healthy. It is such fun to feed them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Pam! I love feeding Ducks. We usually take along some wild bird see or some such. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    So sorry that you aren't sleeping well, nothing seems right when you don't get good sleep. Probably a good idea to go to the Dr., just for peace of mind.

    This summer, a duck adopted us! I know, crazy right?! One day she just appeared, and she has never left. In fact she has a friend, a wild duck, who stays here as well. We were told not to give her bread of any kind. We bought a block of bird seed held together with molasses, they love it! Not sure what we will do with them this winter, hopefully we can find a home for them before the snow flies. If not we will have to build them a house!

    I can't believe we are getting ready for Christmas. So many cute ideas out there...I loved the little houses!

    I loved, Rainman. I can truly identify with it, especially with our sweet Averi. She is autistic, and has many of those same characteristics. The world has come a long way since that movie was aired!

    Have a wonderful day, take a nap!! Love you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Mumiai Rainbownest!!
    aka Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL love your fairy name Barb! I think our Eileen is also on the Autism spectrum and I know several of my grandsons are. Thankfully none are severe. How wonderful that you have been adopted by a pair of ducks. We have a pair of wood pigeons! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I think my hubby would love that Ritz cracker pie! Interesting about not feeding bread to the ducks … I'm sharing that on my Facebook page.
    Best,
    Pherenice Dewdrop (*smile*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredibly dangerous Pherenice Dewdrop! Love your fairy name also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie, maybe taking your BP meds at a different time of day might help. Worth asking your doctor about that. I loved the picture of your "White Christmas" and those wrapped gifts are so pretty. I always have a theme for my Christmas wrapping. One year I stole an idea from a blogger. I wrapped the gifts in white paper, used foreign stamps and air mail stickers. I addressed them in lovely script, to, for example, "Lady Maria, Dyserth Manor, England". I found some old stamps in an antique mall. Everyone loved them. They looked like packages from the 20s or 30s. Lots of fun. I used twine instead of ribbon. This year I've been searching for old black and white photos depicting children at Christmas or sitting on Santa's lap, anything really that depicts Christmas/winter. I'll put them on the packages with photo corners as if they are in an old photo album. I'll photo copy the pictures. Then I'll choose a line from a carol or a Christmas song that best suits each photo. Wish me luck. I still need a few more pictures. The packages will be tied with narrow silk ribbon in reds or greens. It's only three months till Christmas eve. Yikes! Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that does sound like fun Elaine! I bet you had real fun putting them all together. Would have loved to see them! Your plans for this year sound lovely also! I hope you can get them done! Would love to see one finished if possible! How delightful! I know only 3 months. It sneaks up on us every year! I take one set of tablets in the morning and am supposed to take the other one in the evening. I have been a bit better the last couple of nights. Perhaps family stress is affecting. That is probably it. Love and hugs to you! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hi Marie, I'll send you some photos of the packages once I have a few wrapped. Maybe your body is adjusting to the new meds? Hugs, Elaine

      Delete
    3. Yay, I can't wait to see them! Thankfully last couple of nights I have slept better Elaine! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!