Monday 9 September 2019

Small and Wonderful Things . . .



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  

A few of the small and wonderful things from the past week which brought untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 
 
 
 Seasons that change and the changes that they bring.  Each has their own unique beauties and joys.  I have to say that autumn is one of my favourites of all four seasons, but then again . . . I love each for the differences they bring to the table.   The textures, the colours  . . .  the smells.  The light changes.   The smell in the air changes.  The feel in the air changes.  I could never be truly happy living in a place where everything always stays the same. Already now I see the small but noticeable changes i the world around me  . . .  some leaves are turning, the air is different, and yesterday I saw geese in the v-formation flying South?  Seems early to me  . . . 


 
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. I live in one of the safest and most beautiful cities in the UK.   There is so much history here and lots of character.   From the white and black tudor buildings, to our Roman heritage . . . the original city walls and gates, a roman ampitheatre, beautiful parks, a lovely waterfront and race track, etc.  I could go on and on.   I love Chester.  I really missed it when we lived down South.  There was a part of me that always wanted to return.  I have now lived here, in this house longer than I have ever lived any place on earth. 
 
 
 
 The natural world and the beauty and joy which it brings to us . . .  flora, fauna, animals, birds, insects, fish . . . I find it all so miraculous and filled with wonder.  Okay . . .  maybe not wasps and flies . . .  and I am not fond of spiders, but I do revel in the beauty of most other things.  Our Heavenly Father's creations are marvelous to me. I am a person who loves the beauty of the earth and appreciates it all. 
 
 
 
Finding hearts in the most unsual places . . . a sign from above?  Perhaps  . . . I like to think that it is . . . 
 
  
 
The majesty of every leaf and bloom . . .  the intricacy of each.  Multiplied ten and hundred fold by all that is around us.   From the smallest to the largest.  Each one a miracle from beginning to end. 
 
 
 
I am a woman of faith and I am grateful for that faith. I don't know where I would be without it. It helps to keep me going, minute after minute, hour after hour . . .  day after day. Faith in a higher power, in one who knows and loves me, who guides me . . . and who helps me to become the best that I can be.  He knows all of me, inside and out, even the darkest of hidden places that nobody else sees  . . . and He loves me anyways.  Because He loves me, I can love me too.  

 
 
I slept the sleep of the dead last night  . . .  I was so tired, only to sort of wake up at about 4:30 this morning . . .  being in a half dream, half awake state . . . in the wee hours of the morning, I have woken up angry and hurt and wounded.  Same old same old.  Feelings that I had thought were finally put to rest, bubbling up to the surface again.  I know not why this happens, but from time to time it does and I can no more control it than I can control if the sun will rise and fall at the beginning and the end of each day.  It is out of my control . . .  all of it.  And I say a silent prayer of forgiveness for them and for me.  
  

 
Todd had a wonderful Birthday, filled with lots of Birthday wishes and lots of love from beginning to end. I am grateful for every day we are given to spend together.  I will take and appreciate each and every one for the gift that they are. 
 
 
  
 
I know this to be true  . . .  the key to happiness in life is to live a life filled with gratitude . . .  for everything, and all things  . . . 

I have seen a few pictures of the hurricane destruction in Nova Scotia, which looks horrendous to me, but is only a fraction of the devastation it left in the Bahamas. What a wicked, wicked storm.  No news is good news, so assuming all those I hold near and dear was not too affected.
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Sad birds
still sing  . . . •。★★ 。* 。 
 
 

Dirty Fries & Fry Sauce 
 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Dirty Fries with Fry Sauce.   Yum yum!

I hope your week ahead is filled with lots of small and wonderful blessings.  Don't forget along the way! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
And I do too!  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wicked storms everywhere:( Sad..
    Marie..I fester thoughts too..
    I think you would have to be superhuman to not fester things that have affected you deeply.

    I guess we get affected deeply.

    Have a good week!

    Satred Mindhunter after glowing reviews from people I trust LOL..J can't get into it..I am drawn in.
    Caro started Fleabag she likes it a lot too;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh we love Mindhunter. Even Todd thank goodness! I need to start Fleabag, although I suspect I will have to watch it on my own! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, Marie, I can understand your distress when every hurt seems fresh again. I find myself going over and over again the occurrences that led to my estrangement with my sister. Of course, you can't change what's over so we must keep going forward and hope, in time, things will get better. Love and blessing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally right Elaine! You can't control things which are out of your control, at best you can learn to live with them, but its not easy for sure! Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  3. You know Marie, I think you are too hard on yourself...it is not so much a problem to get past old hurts when those people die...but the ones that live, in one way or another, continue at least their rejection and shunning if not outright attack. No wonder we still have to deal with such from time to time. I think when these times come, we simply need to pray a lot...then go do something with and/or for someone else...someone like little Grace and her family or some others, maybe even strangers...that will make us feel better. I do understand. Makes for nasty dreams sometimes and at those times we certainly did nothing to bring those thoughts forward...we have no control over dream time. Take care...be kind to yourself dear Marie!! Keep on writing. I am working on a book for our offspring...which I HOPE will one day fall into the hands, or a copy of, esp. to our grandchildren we rarely see. Of all the things, their Grandmother would have told them growing up if she had had the opportunity. Good things, interesting things...and maybe some hints of the pain inflicted by neither them nor you...but by others beyond the control of them or you!! I know the thing I most treasure now, and I know you feel this way about yours too, are the notes and letters from our dear moms. And though we had to live far from them, it was to us their distant children that they wrote...others in town would not have that same treasure. I had to live far from my mom most of my adult life...saw her not near as often as I would have liked. But I think now, I am most favored for I have those letters!!
    Elizabeth sending lots of hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is a great distraction Elizabeth! You are right about that and it may be the only way some of my descendants get to know me, or at least a different view of me than that which they have been shown, if shown at all! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!