Wednesday 19 September 2018

What I know for sure . . .

 
 
 
Life is full of ups and downs, wins and losses, sweet and sour, dark and light. You don't get to be my age without having learned a few truths. This is some of what I know for sure  . . . 
 
 
 
We all have regrets.  Nobody gets to this stage of their life without having some woulda, coulda, shoulda's.  We . . . . NOT one of us . . .  are perfect, and we don't live perfect lives. We're not meant to. That's not what life is all about. We are meant to make mistakes.  That's how we grow and learn and become. 
 
Only a fool trips on what is behind him.

 
There are lots of things in my life that, if I had the opportunity to live my life over again, I wouldn't do next time around, or that I wouldn't choose next time around  . . .  or things I would do differently had I that chance.  But, in life there are no do-overs.  We live. We make mistakes.  We make poor choices. We stumble. We fall.  This is not unique. It happens to all of us to one varying degree or another at some point.  Anyone who thinks that it will never happen to them is deluding themselves. Sometimes you don't realise you are living a regret, in fact most-times . . .  until you are in the future and looking back on it.  
 
Regrets are sad and mournful things.  Regrets are clouds that hide the sunshine in our lives. Regrets are not meant to be held onto, or carried with us.  A heavy bucket of regrets . . .  can only weigh us down. Have them, yes . . . acknowledge them, yes . . . but then let them go. Don't let them paint/colour/destroy your future. 
  
 
 
One special thing about our regrets is that they are a window into learning more about ourselves, and an opportunity for change. What do we regret?  Is there anything we can do to make it right? Some things we can make right and we should try to do so,  others we can't. One thing is for sure . . .  we can move forward, adopting the changes we can make and living a life which reflects the lessons we have learned along the way.  I promise you the load becomes much lighter to bear the more we start to live our lives with purpose, in the present  . . . and with gratitude for the journey we have taken, and the lessons we have learned along the way. 
 
 
 
Forgiveness is a great eraser.  We do need to forgive others and we especially need to be able to forgive ourselves. Know that any one of us is doing the very best we know how to do at any given time in our lives, and that when we know better we do better. Nobody can, or should ask any more from us than that, and if they do . . .  then that will be their regret to carry, not yours.   
 
 
 
Somebody came to see me last night.  I was so pleased and I got to spoil her for a few minutes, and her mama too.  Ariana had inadvertantly locked herself out of her house and so she dropped in on us to wait while Jose made a quick trip back from work to drop off his key to her.  I so enjoyed the interlude very much.  Grace is growing like a weed and has such a beautiful little smile, which I know you can't see here, but trust me, it is there.  I love that Ariana feels like she can come to us and trust us and I love that this wee baby is a part of our lives.  Its all so very special.  I got to bounce her on my lap and coo to her and just enjoy holding her. (Grace, not Ariana, lol)  Mitzie is very curious about this baby.  She sniffs  but then wants all the attention to come back to her.  With Mitzie, its ME ME ME! lol  I expect that as Grace grows older and will actually play, then things will change. 
 
  
 
We have a gusty windy day out there today and indeed it was the same yesterday.  I looked out at one point to see our patio umbrella, being lifted up and carried across the garden just like Mary Poppin's umbrella.  It is put away safely now.  I expect more pears have blown down and we will need to go pick the ones that are left.  No time for me to do anything with them today however as the gas man is coming to service our boiler, which is in the kitchen. I can't  take the risk of being stuck in the middle of cooking/doing something when he comes. 
 
Oh and thanks for your prayers.  The scan came back and my sister doesn't have a DVT, it was probably just an allergic reaction to a bug bite or something.  Whew!  Thank God for that! 
 
Oh, and not being able to take a shower and wash my hair that way bites.  My hair is too long and gets far too tangled.  It took me ages last night to comb it all out.  I have ordered myself a boot to put on over my foot so I can take a shower.  I hope it works.  I don't think I could handle 6 weeks of not being able to shower!  I know, I know  . . . in the olden days they did it all at the sink, but I am spoilt. 
 
   
 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
I've heard your prayers.
I've seen your tears.
I haven't forgotten about you.
Trust my timing.
My timing is perfect.
~God     •。★★ 。* 。  
 
Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Dip 
 

Have a wonderful Wednesday. Don't forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


 


 


19 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have an impromptu visit from baby Grace and Adriana. I assure you enjoyed that precious time and made the most of it all.

    I love that quote. I should copy I tout and hang it where I can learn it and take it to heart.

    I would wrap and tape your foot for you if I were nearer. It is os horrible being unable to bathe. I have had to many experiences of it over the years.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you Suzan. that would be so kind of you if you could. Alas you cannot. I have ordered a boot to wear from Amazon, which I hope will work. fingers crossed! Love and hugs and blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad your toe is not too bad!Can you wash your hair in the sink?I have done that☺️Glad your sis is ok too!And how much Grace has changed already.
    The thing about regrets.I have one and had I listened to my inner voice..things would be different..
    How?
    Who knows was a tiny step to the left or right would have made..and then what path would that have led to?How much is actually in the cards?
    Have a good day..heal well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have plenty of regrets Monique, I wish it was only one! Live and learn, is that what they say! I am learning not to let them impact my present and future. Letting God and letting go. Love and hugs to you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I think we've all made some mistakes now and then, but the important thing is to use those mistakes as lessons for improvement and growth and move forward, hopefully with a smile. Good news about your sister ! Thank the dear Lord for his many blessings ! I remember when I broke my foot years ago I tied it up with a plastic bag and tried to keep my foot out of the way of the water. It's not easy balancing on one foot though. It's probably better your way. Take good care and be safe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! I, like you, are so grateful for my many blessings! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. So happy you had such nice visitors come!! Little Grace looks so healthy...what a blessing!! Glad you think your foot will be ok...take care, rest...and I am sure you will be so happy when the cover comes so you can shower...I love taking showers too!! As to regrets dear...this life is for learning tis what I think...and learning can be quite expensive at times (either money-wise or otherwise). And I often remind a friend of mine who suffers more than I, that we did NOT choose those born to us (nor the ones they marry!!)...but we can only do our best and if that is not good enough, tis not our concern.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that Elizabeth! So long as we do our best, nobody can ask anything more! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie!

    Beautiful post, I should take that advise, it's wonderful!

    I am learning...slowly...to take life a little slower, to stop and smell the roses, to move forward, not backwards, to stop beating myself up for the past, and to have more faith in the future. We all must have highs and lows, and right now I'm having some lows. My mother is slowly passing from us, and that is a blessing, but also, so very, very sad. I pray that she will have peace and comfort in her last moments.

    So happy that you were able to spend time with that cute little punkin, and I'm sure there were a few snuggles involved... ;0)

    Please take care of your foot, pamper yourself, and slow down a bit! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad to read about your mum Barb. My heart and prayers are with you all. I pray also that she will have peace and comfort in her last moments. ((((hugs)))) Love you much. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Your thoughts today are right on;. It is so true that we will often learn great leessons form the mistakes we make.
    Forgiveness is a great eraser. So grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that we can overcome, change and progress forward.
    That precious baby is so adorable. I am so happy that you are part of this sweet couples life and that adorable baby.
    Yup! Our Sammy is just like your Mitzie!
    We have had the same things happen during a wind storm; off went the umbrella. At least it didn’t blow out of the yard.
    I’m so happy that your sister is OK. My husband had blood clots in the lung and a year later onein his leg. I’m so glad your sister didn’t have this one.
    I hope you get the boot and the shower. I would go nuts with out our showers. Yes, we are very spoiled.
    Loving thoughts, prayers, blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you LeAnn! Perhaps you could answer Elizabeth's' question below about Elizabeth Smart?? I am glad that Roger is okay after those clots. Very scary when these things crop up! Love you! Hugs and prayers. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Tried to email you, but it was returned. So my question is...and feel free to leave it off the blog, concerns Elizabeth Smart...one of kidnappers was released...do you know if there is someplace we could at least write in support of this little gal...who suffered way too much??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea Elizabeth, not really. I saw something about her on facebook, a video but I haven't been able to find it again. She does have a webpage: https://www.elizabethsmart.com/

      Delete
    2. I can't find a direct contact number but she has a Facebook page where a message could may be written.
      https://www.facebook.com/elizabethsmartofficial/

      Delete
    3. Thank you Marie...we all must support our little sisters in life!! Do what we can...
      Hope you are doing ok and not in a lot of pain!!
      XOXO Elizabeth

      Delete
    4. I am doing fine Elizabeth. I am bothered more by not being able to take a shower than I am by my foot! xo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!