Wednesday 5 September 2018

What I know for sure . . .


  


Life is full of ups and downs, wins and losses, sweet and sour, dark and light. You don't get to be my age without having learned a few truths. This is some of what I know for sure  . . .  



God is real. He exists. And He cares for the one.  I am not talking about church, or religion, I am talking about God, and I know as sure as I know tomorrow will follow today, that God exists and that He cares. 

Maybe when I was a small child I believed in God because it/he/she was something my parents had taught me to believe.  It was a tradition, just something I believed because my parents said so, like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.  Time, age and experience taught me eventually that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were nice traditions that were meant to bring us some happiness at special times of the year, but (Sorry spoiler alert) were really my parents.  Time, age and experience has also taught me that God is real.  He has manifested Himself in my life in countless ways and not just in the obvious ways.  

I know He is real  because I prayed to know if He was real and He answered that prayer. No . . .  a burning bush did not suddenly appear in the middle of my lawn, no booming voice came down from the heavens, mountains did not fall, nor kingdoms crumble  . . . instead a still small voice, a warmth in my heart, a feeling of assurity spoke to my innermost self and I knew, without a doubt . . .  that God was real.   

“If any of you lack wisdom,” the Bible states, 
“let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, 
and upbraideth not” (James 1:5).


Oh I can show you burning bushes . . .  like the time I was feeling very down on myself and then all of a sudden a heart shaped scrap of paper shows up at my feet, simply saying "You are loved."  Or when the Doctors thought it quite possible I had cancer and I was immensely worried about it, and the day my hospital letter came through the post, a letter from President (at the time) Uchtdorf  dropped through at the same moment, telling me that "My Heavenly Father loved me and was proud of me, that I mattered to Him" . . . I knew then that I did not have to worry about anything, what would be would be, and that yea or nea, I had a loving Heavenly Father that cared about me, and that was what mattered most . . .  a letter that brought instant peace.  And I could give you half a dozen other instances of the same type of experience, but those are personal to me and you need to experience this for yourself . . .  to really know for yourself. 


I am reminded of the story in the Bible where the Disciples are in a boat on the sea of Galilee. They have just witnessed and experienced the miracle of the feeding of the five thousand and the Saviour has sent them back to the other side of the sea while He remains behind to pray. The ship becomes caught in a storm which arises and the Disciples become afraid (as anyone would be). They cry out for help and then out upon the water they see the Saviour walking towards them, on top of the water, telling them not to be afraid.  Peter in faith, steps out of the boat and begins to walk towards the Saviour, he too walking on the water.  For an instant however, he begins to doubt and looks down at his feet. He immediately begins to sink . . . the Saviour reaches out His hand and saves Him from drowning and they both get back into the boat.  And then they all believed . . . 

There are very few "Walk on Water"  moments in our lives, but I know one thing for sure, unless we are willing to get out of the boat, we will never know for sure if we can walk on water or not. And so I step out of the boat . . .  daily . . . in faith, not knowing if I am going to sink or walk.  Time and time again, He sees me through.  I find the strength I need, the faith I need, the help I need, the light I need, etc. to keep moving forward. 

I cannot see the wind, but I can see what the wind can do . . . clearly.  I can feel it on my face.  I can see it move the leaves on the trees and I can see undulating fields of wheat moving like gold waves, because of the wind that moves them.  Does not being able to see the wind make it any less real? 

It is the same with God.  I cannot see God, but I can clearly see the change that believing in Him brings into a life, has brought into my life.  


So I suppose the question is not so much is there a God as it is this  . . .  Are we willing to give away all that we hold on to, that separates us from being as close to the Lord as we might be in order to know Him?  Not just know that He lives, but to truly know Him, to feel of His love, to have Him be an integral part of our lives, to have a personal intimate relationship with Him, to truly always remember Him, to really know Him? Jesus said that when we see Him, we see God.  If we can come to know Jesus, we can come to know God and His ways. 

Yes, there is a God!  I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven with whom we lived before coming to this life, and I know that He sent His son to show us the way to live and to provide a pathway back home.  I am coming to know them more with each day that passes, and with each trial I face and overcome . . .  and I love them dearly.  I'm trying to give away all that separates me from more fully loving them . . .  selfishness, pride, doubt, lack of faith, smallness of soul, etc.  It is a life-long journey for sure, but it is a journey which I believe . . . . in the end, will be worth it. 


There was a knock on the door last evening and when Todd went to answer it, it was the lad from next door and he had a Birthday card for Todd along with a small gift from he and his mother.  That was such a kind thing for them to do.  Todd never gets much in the way of Birthday cards really. He gets one from me, and one from my mother, maybe one from his brother if his brother remembers, but that is it.  It really brought a smile to his face to know that our neighbor thought enough of him to want to remember him in this way.  A small thing that meant the world. A simple act of kindness that truly made a difference. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
You won't get much done in life
if you only work on 
days when you feel good.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


Pasta E Piselli 

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Pasta E Piselli . . . a few simple ingredients put together with most delicious results!

Have a fabulous Wednesday. The sun has got her hat on here!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 



12 comments:

  1. happy Birthday to Mr T:)Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your expressions today, Marie. Yes, God is real and He exhibits himself in so many reassuring ways when we make way for Him in our daily lives. Thank you for honoring Him today! ~Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to that dear Todd! Hope he had a really great day.
    My dear friend, I loved this beautiful post about our loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Every word was true, uplifting and was a precious testimony of your deep feelings and faith. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, experiences and love for Them both. Sending loving thoughts, blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much LeAnn! Love hugs and blessings to you and Roger also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You can add me to those sending birthday wishes to Todd. Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marie, and from me a Happy Birthday to Todd, I hope his special day was the best and wish him many more to come. Marie I think this has to be the best post I've read in all the posts I've read over the years. The Lord is good. Thank you for such a special sharing of faith and love. Regards Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandy! I know most people are not really that interested in reading about God, but I just like to share how I feel about things, such as my faith etc. and the difference it has made in my life If it touched one heart, then it is worth it! Todd had a lovely day, thanks! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!