Thursday 27 September 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥   
 

Rom Coms.  Romantic Comedy films. I love them. Todd, not so much. He calls them chick flicks, although he will watch them if I really want to watch them. He is not a television Dictator like some people I know.  


Cheddar and Caramel Popcorn. Oh. My.  Goodness. Where has this been all my life. I picked up a bag the other day when we went to Costco, and I am in love. 



Vintage Magazine Covers.  The illustrations on them are so sweet and innocent.  


  

Vintage Baking Leaflets. Especially Christmas Baking ones.  I own quite a few that I have collected and saved through the years. 




 Costco Rotisserie Chicken.  They are cheap, plump and delicious. When I want one I just send Todd.  He can go in and come out with just a chicken, unlike myself. 


Maple Leaf Creme Cookies.  I miss them . . . 

  

Green jello  . . .  I miss that too, along with instant pudding mix . . . 

They don't do pudding here.  They do custard, end of. 


This is my favourite shampoo. I love the way it smells and the way the smell stays on your hair until you wash it again.  


This is my favourite soap and the only one I use. 

  

This is my favourite toilet paper and the only one I buy, and yes, always in white.  Never quilted. That is a waste of money. You get less paper on a roll when you buy quilted. 



This is my favourite kind of paper towel.  They are sturdy and you get a lot of sheets on a roll. It lasts twice as long because you don't need as many sheets to get the job done.  



  

This is our vacuum cleaner aand out of all the vacuums we have had. Its my favourite.  Bagless. Swivel head.  Self propelled.  It does a great job on carpet and on floors. 


This is the toothpaste I use. Its my favourite. 

  

This is one of my favourite music cd's.  We picked it up at the National Trust several years ago and it has three music discs in it with a variety of lovely songs to listen to. Its all instrumentals. You can listen to one of the songs here. Lark Ascending.  Its all beautiful. 


The log fire tv screen.  You can find that on YouTube.  I like it in the Winter months.  Its nice. 10 hours of crackling logs and flickering flames.  Very cosy. 




Mittens.  I prefer them over gloves.  


  

Hood Scarfs.  Because they aren't hats. 


Egg salad sandwiches, but I can only eat my mothers, my sisters or mine.  I can't eat anyone elses.  I probably couldn't eat the ones in this picture.  My mom's are perfect and my sister and I make them exactly like she does.  Without huge chunks of egg in them.  Just the right seasoning, and not too much filling.  Yes, I am really pedantic about my egg sandwiches. I bet my sister is the same. 



The sound of my mother's voice . . . I am looking forward to calling her this afternoon.  




Cursive writing.  I think it will be a shame if it is lost  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.
Life is an echo,
What you send out, comes back.
What you sow, you reap.
What you give, you get.
What see in others, exists in you.
Do not judge, so you will not be judged.
Radiate and give love,
so love will come back to you.
~unknown   •。★★ 。* 。
 
 
Tomato Tarts 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Muffin Tin Tomato Tarts.  Deliciously simple to make!

Have a fabulous Thursday!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
 

And I do too! 
 



 


10 comments:

  1. Will check out that shampoo..have not seen it in Canada.
    I loved Jello as a kid and used to make for my girls.
    Fun to check out your favorite things Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! Mind you, I love L'Oreal anything! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I loveCostco chickens but it is just too far to go to buy chickens. Even when the second store opens it will still be a long way from here.

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully ours is only about 15 minutes away. We are lucky in that. When I lived in Nova Scotia, it was a 2 hour trip! xoxo

      Delete
  3. What a great post! I tried to post yesterday that your Wednesday post was really wonderful but for some reason I couldn't! Egg sandwiches are my favourite and now I feel I have to try yours! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Julie! To make my egg salad, I add 1 TBS Hellman's mayo per hard boiled egg, mash it together really well. No big lumps. Then add a bit of finely chopped celery and spring onion, salt and pepper to taste and now I do add a sprinkling of Cress because I like the pepperiness of it.

      Delete
  4. Your egg salad sounds much like mine except I add a bit of mustard instead of onion. It's one of my favorite sandwiches to have. The log fire on tv is a favorite of mine too. I don't have a fireplace here and that takes it's place. They had one that also included Christmas music that I loved. Hope they have it again this year. Lime jello with crushed pineapple is a favorite too. We like a lot of the same things. Hope you have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love lime jello with crushed pineapple. You,have a lovely Thursday too Pam! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. I always enjoy reading your favorite things. Many of them are mine, also. I think there is a connection there.
    I love romantic movies too. My sweet husband is really good at watching them with him. I think it is the trade of because I watch football with him.
    I do love Cheddar and caramel popcorn too. I love the plump chickens from Costco too. My husband doesn't for some reason. i get them anyway.
    I love vintage stuff and it was a gentler time.
    I do love Dove soap; it smells so fresh.
    I will have to try mittens. Thus far, I just have cloves. A hood Scarf looks like a good idea too.
    The egg salad sandwich looks so good; I want one now!!
    I'm so happy that you are able to talk with your Mom. I wish, I could.
    I think it is awful if they get rid of cursive writing. What is going on here???
    Thanks for the music link; lovely!
    Sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised we like so many of the same things LeAnn! We are kindred spirit sister friends I am sure! Love you. Hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!