Tuesday 21 March 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 FOR TODAY, March 21, 2017

Outside my window ...
The sun is fully up. The birds are singing. Its not raining. I think it will be a clear day. Well, so far. Anyone who knows the weather in the UK, knows that it can change in an instant!

I am thinking ...
I had a brief conversation with my sister yesterday and she said something that made me really think. She said her ideas and dreams had changed from what she had always wanted. I've been thinking about that since and I think she is right. Mine have too. I used to want approval more than anything. I wanted to succeed and I wanted those around me to feel I had succeeded. It doesn't really matter that much to me now, what others may or may not think of me. I suppose I have learned in life that I am so much more than what others see. I do things now because I want to do them, because they bring a measure of joy into my life, not out of obligation, or out of fear of what others will think. I still want to do well at things, and to succeed at the things I set out to do, but more out of the sense of satisfaction that it brings to me than for any other reason. If others enjoy it also, then thats great. If they don't, then c'est la vie. Its up to them. I am not defined by other people's vision.

In the kitchen ...


 Skillet Chicken and Spinach Bowties. A one pan wonder that is quick and delicious!

 On my "To Cook" list ...

 

 German Skillet with Mustard Cream Sauce. This looks really good. I love all of the ingredients in it. From Fox Valley Foodie.

Good to know ...

 

 I am creating ...

 

 Water colour tutorial. Painting the six stroke figure. From Michele's Online Painting.

 


 From Dreamy Erica.


 


 Colourblock Baby Quilt. From Nana and Company.  Her book, Sweetly Stitched Handmade. I love her creations.


 Not a craft but something I need to do.  How to declutter books using the Kon Mari method. From Kari Making Lemonade.

 

Books to read.  Bullet Journaling.  No source, but a great idea.

I am reading ...
 

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, by  Rachel Joyce


At first glance Harold Fry is a sad, lonely English milquetoast, the human equivalent of a potted geranium. “The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry,” Rachel Joyce’s first novel, contrives a way to shake him out of his monotonous life and send him on a voyage of self-discovery. Harold will learn that there is more to life than mowing one’s lawn. Readers will learn that one man’s quiet timidity should not be taken at face value. Potted geraniums have feelings too.

One day Harold receives a letter from an old acquaintance, Queenie Hennessy. Queenie is dying at a hospice that is 627 miles north of Harold’s home near the English Channel. When Harold reads the letter, he responds with a tearful “I um. Gosh.” Then he writes her a postcard and walks down his road to mail it. Then he keeps on going.

Engaging.

I am looking forward to ...
The end of this cold I am suffering from. Its holding me back and making everything twice as hard. I have things I need to get done.

Dreaming about ...


Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower  . . .  Bon Appetit.


Visting Scotland  . . .


Rose gold . . .  but where would I wear them  . . .


Lead glass panels, a country farmhouse sink and drawer pulls, butchers block counter tops  . . .



Being stylish for a change and the colour mustard . . .

Something to watch ...


A tale as old as time  . . .

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. 
I am a great believer in luck, 
                   and I find the harder I work,
                                    the more I have of it.
                                                      ~Thomas Jefferson ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.


Makes me smile ...



Red squirrels  . . .

One of my favourite things ...


This little beauty and the man who brought her home . . .

 Corners of my kingdom ...


Fairy Pools, The Isle of Skye . . .



And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I adore Scotland! I've just booked to go to the Isle of Skye for my 60th birthday in September. We're staying in a little cottage and will definitely be visiting the Fairy Pools! I've been all over Scottish mainland but not the islands, I'm so excited!! If you and Todd are still thinking of going and want some advice just say the word!
    My favourite colour is yellow but I absolutely detest mustard! I always think someone's dropped a pot of black paint into the gorgeous yellow hahaha!
    Hope you're feeling better today, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that outfit!:)
    Love it,and am so happy pour to et M T et Scotland!
    The cold will get better..it will:)

    The book does sound engaging..I have tried those wtarcolor people..love them..

    Have a good day:)

    My ideas have changed also..quite a bit.
    Some things are more important now..some far less.:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!