Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 Brrr . . . it's a chilly 6*C/42.8*F this morning. I am wishing that Eileen had taken her winter coat back home with her when I brought her back to her apartment on Monday night. I hope she will be warm enough on her walk to Tim Horton's this morning. I will be seeing her later today when I pick her up for our Wednesday Dinner out, so I think I will bring the coat over with me, along with her toque, just in case. I do want to make sure she is warm enough.

Still no news from the Biopsy. Things seem to be moving really slow there. Mind you, I got a phone call yesterday about my Ultrasound on Friday. Say what?  I said I had no idea I had an ultrasound on Friday. They said, that's good because we are canceling it and rebooking it for a later date. We have no ultrasound technician available on Friday. 

Hmm . . . what if they hadn't wanted to cancel it? I had never received a letter or anything to tell me I actually had an appointment on Friday. I simply would not have shown up. That doesn't seem quite right to me.


 

Three mornings in a row this week I have woken up to find some kind of moth had laid eggs on the screen of my front door. This happened last year as well. I am not sure what kind of moth it is. 

There were three clusters of them in three separate areas. I went online to check to see what I could do and I read that you could run gun-tape over them and it would lift them off. (The eggs are really sticky.) I didn't have any gun-tape so I asked Cindy if she did and, thankfully she did.

She stopped by when she was picking up Bailey from his visit next door with Sheila and we spent a good ten minutes or so lifting them off. It worked really well. The gun tape. We had to do it from both sides, again and again, but eventually they were all removed.

This is not something I have ever experienced before in my life. I don't even have a porch light on at night.  A bit of a nuisance, but easily dealt with.


 



 For quite a few months now I had been seeing these ads for Carla's Cookie Box Butter Tarts. They looked so good. A bit on the expensive side, but every time I watched someone cut one of them open, I almost drooled. Last week, I finally caved and I ended up ordering some. They arrived yesterday.

Cindy and I spent some time looking at them, smelling them, and then finally we chose four to cut open and each tried 1/4 of each of four different tarts. We didn't even sit down to do it. We ate them right there, standing next to the table and boy, oh boy.  These are worth the hype and the price. As a gourmet, once in a blue moon treat. 

So delicious. I don't know how anyone could sit down and eat a whole one in one go, and yet . . .  when you consider that we ate a quarter of each of four different ones  . . .  in one go  . . . we did. So naughty. So nice. 

I don't even want to guess how much sugar was consumed. There ought to be a law against them, but at the same time,  if loving them was wrong  . . .  I don't want to be right.

No regrets.





In an effort to bring some peace and tranquility into my home I ended up ordering one of those Cat Phenerome infusers last week. It came on Saturday and I plugged it in.  I really didn't have high hopes of it working to be honest, but I was willing to try anything. I wanted both of my cats to be happy. I didn't want Nutmeg feeling so anxious all the time, and I didn't want Cinnamon to feel bullied all of the time. 

As of this morning, I am happy to report that there have been NO more incidents of said behavior since I plugged it in. Its been amazing. Admittedly it has only been about 4 days, but there has been a marked improvement. If it keeps up I will be ordering a refill before the 30 days is up. So far, it has been worth every penny. I am glad that I took a leap of faith and bought it.


 


I saw someone carrying a rather huge pumpkin to their car in a grocery cart the other day. It seemed to me to be rather early for pumpkins, or decorating with pumpkins. I think I might get a couple this year and carve them. We will see how that goes. I am thinking I might, but I probably won't. Best laid plans and all that. I think they would be cute sitting on the planter/lanterns I have out front now that hold petunias.

I will have to empty the petunia boxes soon. They are looking quite bedraggled, but could come back. The problem is where to put them.  There were three large compost bins at the end of the street for everyone to put their compost and garden waste. Now there are only two. When the lady across the way moved in, I noticed one of the maintenance men bringing one up to her house one day, and she had kept it in her garage every since, only bringing it out on garbage days.  Then last week I noticed the refuse people coming around and picking it up and replacing it with a much smaller one. 

DUH . . . that means that there are only two large compost bins to take care of all of the compost and garden refuse for the whole street. And it will not take them very long to fill up. Especially when they only come to empty them every second week. 

Maybe I am being picky, but  . . . it just doesn't seem right. If she wanted a personal compost bin, then she could easily have gotten one like the lady next to me did. I know you have to pay for them, but really I don't think it was quite kosher to take one of the communal ones for personal use and then exchange it for a personal one.  Perhaps I need to get a personal compost bin for myself, or at least think about it. I will have to ask my next door neighbor how she got one.  She has always said I am free to use hers, but I think it would be a great imposition for me to start dumping garden waste into it.




I spent some time last evening watching some videos on YouTube of various Temples of my church.  I started with the one in Ephraim, Utah. Such a beautiful Temple inside. I loved the stained glass and the carpets.  Every inch of it is filled with symbolism and beauty.  What a lovely place to spend some quiet time in and to feel closer to the Savior. I felt so at peace watching this video I ended up watching several more of them. 

I have not been to the Temple since before Covid. What was once a sacred place to me had somehow been tainted by Todd's betrayal and lies to me. I mean, if someone could kneel across from you in a holy place like that and make sacred covenants on a bedrock of lies  . . . then how perceptive was I. How could I allow myself to be so deceived in such a holy place.  Anyways  . . .  it has colored my desire to go back to the Temple . . . 

But last night watching these videos, I found myself wanting to go back and partake of the peace within the walls of these sacred spaces. 

There is a guy on YouTube who started a channel called 52 churches. He spent a couple of years visiting a different church each week.  Eventually he ended up being Baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ and now he has a channel called 52 Temples and his goal is to visit 52 Temples in a year.

These are such beautiful sacred spaces.  


 

My cleaners were here yesterday. I love the way my house smells, all bright and fresh, after they leave. Not that my house smells bad. It doesn't, or at least I don't think it does, but I love the fresh smell of cleaning supplies and clean floors, carpets, etc. I am so grateful that, for now anyways, I can afford to have them come in every two weeks. I feel good about that.  I just can't get down on the floors and underneath things like I used to be able to do. Kneeling is a no-go for me, so the luxury of having a cleaner, well  . . . I am grateful that I can afford one. I think everyone on this street has one come every two weeks. Must be one of the casualties of getting old and being alone.



I don't think I have ever seen a burger look that good in person, despite the overwhelming amount of tomato ketchup involved. (I cannot stand ketchup on bread of any kind.) Tonight is Wednesday night and the night we all go out to supper with dad. I find myself wondering what the specials are for today.  Eileen really enjoys these meals out. She would be very disappointed if we cancelled them. I go because it is a time to do something together as a family and I know Dad enjoys it. The food is often not that great, but it's really not about the food for me, but about the company.  We are building memories together.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day . . . 


☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Angels are often 
disguised as daughters.
~unknown


Roasted Root Vegetable Soup

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Roasted Root Vegetable Soup.  Simple ingredients, easy to make and incredibly delicious. I could eat this every day!

I hope that you have a lovely day today. Its sunny here and I hope its sunny there. Everything somehow seems even better on a sunny day!  Don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!