Thursday, 10 September 2026

Not my Usual Post for Today . . .

  
Well, yesterday didn't turn out exactly as planned. The day kind of got derailed. About midday I was very surprised to see Eileen and her worker at the door. It's not good news I'm afraid.  Eileen definitely has cancer, but they are not sure how far or what stage it is at yet.  She is booked in to have an MRI within the next two weeks and a hysterectomy will be happening within six weeks. The results of the MRI will determine how invasive a procedure it will be and where it will happen. If the cancer is just in the uterus, then it will happen locally in Kentville, which is about 45 minutes or so away and will be a simple day procedure. But, if it has spread then it will need to be done in Halifax and they will need to remove lymph nodes, etc. and it will be much more invasive. In either case, when it's done she will be coming back to my place for recovery.

I don't know what I was expecting. Some kind of miracle I guess. Not for me, but for her. This has been a crappy, crappy year for her. First Tim and now this. It doesn't seem fair somehow, but then again, life was never supposed to be fair. This is a proving ground. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, etc. We all know the platitudes.

There is really only one way to get through this and that is to keep moving forward in faith with positivity. This is in God's hands, and that is where we have placed it. We will just keep doing what we need to do and He will keep doing whatever His plan holds for Eileen. 

Bad things happen to good people all the time.  Its what you do with them, or how you cope with them, that matters most.

We still went out for supper last night.  The special was her favorite, Spaghetti and Meatballs. She enjoyed that and then we had an extra special sleepover here mid week. I didn't want her to have to be alone with this last night, while it was so fresh in our minds. We watched Nine to Five with Dolly Parton and we ate potato chips with onion dip and we snuggled the cats.  We cried a bit (in secret). Its only normal.

We watched the talk from last conference by Emily Belle Freeman. Best Days and Worst Days. Because of Jesus Christ, no matter how bad things are now, your best days are ahead of you.

"Jesus Christ brings joy. You might have a bad day, a bad week, or a bad year. Just remember joy is not in the absence of sorrow in your life; it is in the presence of Jesus Christ."

As women of faith, we can get through this and will get through this. Divine support is constant. We can act in faith, even when the tasks ahead seem overwhelming. All will be well  . . .  one way or another. It could always be worse. Where there is hope, there is life. And where there is life, there is joy.

Your prayers, love and support are all very welcome. Thank you so much.

We are not forgetting . . . 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And He loves us too. We will get through this.











 

11 comments:

  1. Your faith will keep you strong, I know you will keep doing positive things that uplift both of you. Sending positive thoughts, prayers and hugs to both of you during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen ..and you.. very sorry for you both.She is lucky to be near you and vice versa.You are there 100% for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear this. Cancer care has changed enormously in the recent past, and while it can be a tough road, she seems strong, as do you.
    She will be in my prayers, as well as many of your followers, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for Eileen and you, as well as your family and all the caregivers involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, Marie. Stay strong. You will both get through. Prayers for both of you. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this, Marie. I’ll be thinking of you and Eileen over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers and hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ar least Eileen is still young and she has you and your kin there to care!! So sorry...and yep, not surprised at all being no cancer usually just goes away by itself. Tis wise to be prepared for her to stay with you awhile...she will need tending and care. Having any kind of hysterectomy is a tough road, no matter how simply they medicals do it. Will keep praying and asking GOD to help you both!! At least we know that the very best days are ahead of this life...this one is a huge trial...of all sorts, indeed.
    Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no - am so sorry to hear this. Been praying for Eileen and you, hoping it wouldn't be cancer and she'd be fine. Everyone is right - your faith is strong. Will keep praying rosary for you all and God bless! Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am praying for Eileen and you…and all your family. Take care🙏🏼
    Love and hugs, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie, so sorry to hear your news. I’ll be saying a prayer for Eileen and you. Sending hugs. Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!