Monday, 7 September 2026

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   


 

Change is in the air and I welcome it. I can feel it and smell it and see it and it seems to be happening overnight.  I am loving the earlier nights.  It feels cozier and comfier. I like to be nestled all in with the lights low and a blanket across my lap, enjoying something on the telly, or some good music. Perhaps a bit of crocheting. One cat nestled next to me, the other guarding my head. It's all good.


 

I heard a bunch fly over the other day. Maybe they were just going down the road, but soon now, they will be heading south. This is the sound of autumn. And it rings of melancholy to me. It is a sound that has accompanied most of the autumn's of my life.  It is a sound that "rings" with change and signals and end of one thing and the beginning of another.


 

Weekends with Eileen. I love them. I think she does too. We really enjoy each other's company and get along so well. Still no word on what comes next. We keep checking her health app and no results have shown up. It seems to be taking a long time, but we remain positive and hopeful.  Prayers help.


 

Church on Sunday. Partaking of the sacrament and renewing my covenants, taking the Saviour's name upon me. Fellowshipping with the Saints.  Its just one of my favorite days of the week. I love all of it. Yesterday was Fast and Testimony meeting so I also got to enjoy sharing in the Testimony's of others. It is always one of my favorite meetings. I love to hear how the Lord has been working in other people's lives. It is very encouraging and uplifting.


 

Sunday dinners with the family.  Cindy, Dan, dad, Eileen.  Cindy usually cooks.  She always makes a fabulous meal. Its just so hard getting dad in and out of the house these days. Its easier for us to go there.  Yesterday Cindy made this fabulous Tortellini Casserole, with cheese tortellini, homemade Italian sausage, cheese and marinara sauce.  It was really delicious. We enjoyed it with salad and then for dessert we had peach pie. That was also delicious.

Great food. The company of the people you love. What more could you ask for?


 

I got one of those phenerome infusers for the cats. So far so good. It seems to be working.  There has been peace and tranquility since I plugged it in. They are supposed to last 30 days. We will see how it goes. Things are a lot more pleasant anyways, or at least seem to be. Right now they are having their early morning naps.


 

Scripture study. We are starting the book of Proverbs now, having finished the Psalms. I would never describe myself as a scriptorian. I cannot say that I understand everything I read, but I do love to read the scriptures.  Beautiful words and they make me feel better, more hopeful, more at peace. I do subscribe to a few podcasts that expound on the scriptures and I get a lot out of listening to them. I admire anyone who has an ability to take so much out of these inspired books and bring them more into our own understanding. I am not such a one, but I do love to read them and ponder them, and I love reading/hearing how they inspire others. Doing so inspires me.

 

 

I wish

I love my little home. It is perfect for me. I couldn't really handle a place much bigger than this. I do wish I had a bit more storage, but that is nothing that can't be solved by getting rid of a few things. I can be a real packrat at times. I am just grateful to have a place to call my own. Where I feel safe and comfortable.  Warm and happy. At peace.  That means everything. In a world where so many do not have the blessing of having a place to rest their heads, this is something I will never take for granted. It means everything to me.

God is good. I have enough and then some. Life may not always turn out the way you expect it to, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a blessed and wonderful thing. I am just grateful to still be here and to be enjoying all the things that I do.  Making each day count. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
˛*To make the world
a better place
see the world as
a better place.
~alan cohen

Garden Herb Dip

Today in The English Kitchen Garden Herb Dip. Fresh, delicious, easy to make. You can enjoy this with fresh crudites, or crackers, as part of a buffet table, as a snack, inside packed lunches, etc. There is no end to the pleasures you can get from this quick and simple make.

I really hope you have a lovely day today. I believe it is the Labor Day holiday in most places, so I hope it is a safe one for you. Filled with people you care about and good food. It's quite chilly here today, but that is how it is going to be more and more.  Happy day all . . .  don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!