Tuesday, 8 September 2026

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, September 8th, 2026

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

Chilly at 11*C/51.8*F.  Cloudy and a bit of rain expected around 10, but overall, not a bad day expected weather wise. It won't get much hotter than 19*C/66.2 so not a really hot day on the forecast. I don't really mind. I am not a huge fan of super hot days. This suits me just fine.

I AM THINKING ...


Yesterday was a bit of a hard day for me. It was Todd's birthday, which is really nothing, but it's also the day I stepped off a plane in the U.K. on a trajectory towards the biggest mistake of my life. It was a fresh century, 2000. I thought I was heading for such a wonderful life.  How could I have gotten it so wrong?? Sometimes it is hard to shake the past.  It is one thing to forget a simple mistake, but to have to try to erase 20 years of your life, that is something else. It was never built on anything more than shifting sand and that is a hard thing to deal with at times. 

I know  . . .  you don't want to know.  I don't want to know  . . . 

I AM ALSO THINKING ...

New day, new mindset. Onwards and upwards.



I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...

My faith. There is no other way I could have gotten through what I went through. He carried me and He carries me still.  On my best days. On my worst days. On my every days.


 

I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...

Family and friends.  Along with my faith, their support was instrumental in also carrying me to a safe place. 


I wonder at times, will I ever get to a place where the past doesn't threaten to take away from my present? I sure hope so.


Magic Chicken Pie

IN THE KITCHEN ...

Magic Chicken Pie. With a layering of ingredients and some oven magic, you, too, can be enjoying this tasty casserole. Not sure how it works, but only that it does. This is fabulous!


 

ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

This Creamy Lemon Salmon Pasta looks fabulous. "This Creamy Lemon Salmon Pasta is comforting and filling whilst still being fresh and light. This pasta recipe takes just 25 minutes to cook plus this is made with easy to find grocery store ingredients making it the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. And adding the salmon to the pasta makes the fish go further, making this a great economical way to add fish to the family diet."  Sounds good to me!!



THIS I BELIEVE ...

He is the author and finisher of all good things.


 

SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...

Bright blue skies and fluffy white clouds. So pretty. I can remember as a child, when I would see  rays of sunlight pouring through the clouds to touch the earth I would think they were the fingers of God.


 

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...

A comfy bed. A good book to read. A reading lamp to read by.


 

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

This. The color, sights, smells  . . . the feels.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...


Crochet gingham  . . . 


 

Crochet apples  . . . 


 

Vintage looking cloth doll  . . . 


 

Autumn Raggedy  . . . 


 

Peppermint Raggedy  . . . 


SOMETHING I ENJOY ...

 

Pretty spaces  . . . 


SOMETHING ELSE THAT I ENJOY ...

 

A bedroom under the eaves  . . . 

I AM READING ...



AUNT DIMITY AND THE DUKE, by Nancy Atherton


Emma Porter is forty, fat, frumpy, and a passionate amateur gardener. When her longtime lover dumps her for a younger woman, Emma escapes the cloying sympathy of family and friends by setting out on a summer-long driving tour of England's glorious gardens. 


A Dimity-contrived coincidence brings her to Penford Hall, a sprawling Gothic mansion in Cornwall, where she finds a duke in search of a missing lantern with extraordinary powers. Suspecting there's more than one mystery to be solved at Penford Hall, Emma accepts the duke's invitation to stay on and restore the once glorious chapel garden to its former beauty. 


The dark rumors surrounding a rock star and the near-death of the duke's beautiful cousin confirm Emma's suspicions, and set her--with Aunt Dimity's ghostly guidance--on the path to Penford Hall's secrets and the pleasure of unexpected love.

I know, I am taking a long time. I only read at night when I get into bed these days. It puts me to sleep at other times. I can't concentrate.


THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...

 

Black cats  . . . 

 

Puppies  . . . 


 

Homemade Cookies  .  . 

 

White bedding  . . . 


 


Cats in hats  . . . 

MAKES ME SMILE ...

 

This. Is it a girl, or is it a cat?


SOMETHING TO WATCH ...


 
On Netflix. I loved this latest series.

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*All morning it has been raining.
In the language of the garden,
this is happiness
~Mary Oliver 


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!