Tuesday 14 July 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, July 14, 2020 

Outside my window ...
The sky is overcast and it is cool.  What will become of today remains to be seen.

I am thinking ...
Sometimes life can be more difficult than anything you ever envisioned or expected it to be. The hard part is keeping a level head through it all and making the best decisions in order to help you move forward with the minimum of loss. These things don't happen overnight. Patience is the key.

I am thankful for ...
Once again, the powers of discernment, and the companionship of the Holy Ghost.

In the kitchen ... 


In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Small Batch Plantation Cupcakes


On my "To Cook" list ...



Spicy Southern Kitchen. German Chocolate Upside Down Cake. 


Good to know ... 



I am creating ... 

  

Walkerland. All Natural VapoRub Ointment. 


Crochet and Create. Kitchen handtowel and dishcloth.  




Improvised Life.  Triangle Letter. Interesting.  



No source.  Needle felted mushroom/toadstool. Very cute! 


  

Pixie Hill. Polymer Clay Toadstools. Sweet inspiration. 


I am reading ... 


The Things that Keep Us Here, by Carla Buckley
How far would you go to protect your family? Ann Brooks never thought she’d have to answer that question. Then she found her limits tested by a crisis no one could prevent. Now, as her neighborhood descends into panic, she must make tough choices to protect everyone she loves from a threat she cannot even see.

In this chillingly urgent novel, Carla Buckley confronts us with the terrifying decisions we are forced to make when ordinary life changes overnight. A year ago, Ann and Peter Brooks were just another unhappily married couple trying–and failing–to keep their relationship together while they raised two young daughters. Now the world around them is about to be shaken as Peter, a university researcher, comes to a startling realization: A virulent pandemic has made the terrible leap across the ocean to America’s heartland. And it is killing fifty out of every hundred people it touches.

As their town goes into lockdown, Peter is forced to return home–with his beautiful graduate assistant. But the Brookses’ safe suburban world is no longer the refuge it once was. Food grows scarce, and neighbor turns against neighbor in grocery stores and at gas pumps. And then a winter storm strikes, and the community is left huddling in the dark.

 Trapped inside the house she once called home, Ann Brooks must make life-or-death decisions in an environment where opening a door to a neighbor could threaten all the things she holds dear. Carla Buckley’s poignant debut raises important questions to which there are no easy answers, in an emotionally riveting tale of one family facing unimaginable stress.

Interestingly enough this book was written in 2010.

Dreaming about ... 

(source)

Cottage Gardens . . .   


  
(source)  

Apple pie  . . . 


(source)  

Sunflowers  . . . 


(source)  


"She" sheds  . . . . 


(source)  


Fresh fruit  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


Alfred Hitchcock Presents on YouTube. There's always an interesting twist.  We enjoy these. 

 Makes me smile ... 


I could not find the source  . . . 


Corners of my kingdom ... 

  

Tenby Pembrokeshire  A harbour town and resort in southwest Wales.  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
In peace I will lie down asleep,
for you alone Lord, make me
secure. ~Psalm 4:9•。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 

 


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  





Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
      




6 comments:

  1. Loved the little felted mushrooms and the clay ones. Have you ever done any felting, Marie? I would love to learn how to felt. I remember Vick's Vapor rub. It was a mainstay in our house. I've heard about slathering it on your feet to stop a cough but have never tried it. Almost time for breskfast here. Today is a crumpet with cream cheese and smoked salmon and coffee. It's just beginning to get light out. Enjoy your Tuesday. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try felting Elaine! You can really prick your fingers good with the needles! I have heard that about putting Vicks on your feet to stop a cough as well. Must remember to try next time, although at the moment I am hoping I don't get any cough! Your breakfast sounds delish! Love and hugs,xoxo

      Delete
  2. That garden:)♥The book sounds good too..We watched Contagion..uncanny the yr it came out too.Nothing uncanny about all this:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is on my list of films to watch Monique! Must remember to watch it. No I don't think there is anything uncanny about all of this either. Its just plain scary and horrible. xoxo

      Delete
  3. We are having a beautiful summer day here. It couldn't be more perfect. Hope you get some nice summer weather soon. Wouldn't it be nice to have a garden like the one you pictured? Alas, the world is too much for me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't cope with a large garden now myself. But in my younger years I loved to putter about and get my hands dirty Pam! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!