Tuesday 7 July 2020

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, July 7th, 2020 



Outside my window ...
Its hard to tell what the day will bring. Could be cloud. Could be rain, but its cool.  And the resident wood pigeons are fighting with an interoper.  Lots of wing flapping going on. Who knew they were so territorial! 


I am thinking ...
Now they are saying that China has issued a death warning about a suspected "Bubonic Plague" case.  Also known as the "black death," the bubonic plague is one of the deadliest diseases in human history.  Are any of us getting out of this alive?  And why, once again . . . China?



I am thankful for ...
The powers of discernment. I know that its too early to be going out and about.  I am staying home and maintaining safe social distancing. Hand washing and face-masks.  These are staying in place.



In the kitchen ...  


Crispy Baked Hot Wings.  These little babies are incredibly delicious and are baked, not fried.  



On my "To Cook" list ... 




Tasting Table.  Triple Coconut Cream Pie.  


Good to Know ... 


I am creating ...  


  


One Little Project. Paper Strip Rainbows. 


Make Your Own Stress Ball  . . . 


  


Hello Wonderful. DIY Unicorn Dream Catchers. 


Yarnspirations.  Crochet Bobble Pillows.  

Make and Do Crew.  Crochet Cardigan.  


I am reading ... 
 


The House We Grew Up In, by Lisa Jewell 


 When a tragedy breaks a family apart, what can bring it back together? The Birds seem to be the perfect family: mother, father, four children, a picture-book cottage in the country. But one Easter weekend, something happens – something so unexpected, so devastating, that no-one can bring themselves to talk about it. The family shatters, seemingly for good. Until, years later, they are forced to return to the house they grew up in, and to confront what really broke the family apart... 



Dreaming about ... 


A small cottage by the seaside  . . . 
  


Sea shell hair pins  . . . 


  

Cake domes  . . . 



Polka dot tea pots  . . . 


  

Bowls with surprises in the bottom  . . . 


Something to Watch ... 


Angela's Ashes.  Its a great way to remind yourself of just how lucky you are  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


The grand staircase  . . .  Buckingham Palace  . . . 


A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Happiness cannot be travelled to,
owned, earned, worn, or consumed.
Happiness is the spiritual experience
of living every minute with love,
grace and gratitude.
~Denis Waitley •。★★ 。* 。 



And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 

 


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  





Have a beautiful day! Be safe and don't forget!   
 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     
      


 

10 comments:

  1. Read both books just cannot get into reading right now:( Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to only have time to read in bed at night and I fall asleep while I am doing it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. OH my I love that rose covered cottage in your post today. Sad something bad keeps on happening, but like you I continue to keep safe here at home I rarely go out and the only people I see are family. Thank goodness for them, they keep bringing what I need to my house. DD even bought some new summer tops for me when she went shopping on the weekend. We have to count our blessings these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, home is the safest place to be Pam! I firmly believe that. They are going to be starting church up again soon, but we will not be going, not yet anyways. xoxo

      Delete
  3. If the only news sources you listen to are the mainstream ones, you will never know for sure, if it is true. Same thing about other sources...but reading a wide balance is helpful...and not so scary, Marie. FEAR is one of the worst things to ensure we WILL fall ill...of something. It lowers the immune system. As for the black plague, main reason few Jews died of that was that they, due to their religious practice, had great hygiene!! So as always, you lower your chances of falling ill if you stay clean...wash often, when using public toilets etc be even more careful...at least in this country in the past 20 years or so, even women do not wash their hands AFTER using the toilet...HOW FILTHY!! So there are things we can do to be careful. Then quit worrying. Trust that GOD will take care of us...it is a fact that NO ONE or ANYTHING will take us from this life until it is our time to go. Many events in my life prove that one. I should not be here, many times over. The last big one being hit by a mack truck (fully loaded with heavy concrete, metal etc from taking down buildings) going 65 miles an hour down the highway. I survived, mostly intact. I can still live mostly as I did. Yes, it did some internal damage, but now, 12 later I am basically ok. So one can quit worrying. I have not jumped out of a perfectly good airplane to skydive, nor do I ever intend to do that..or anything so risky. But otherwise...no worries. Figuring out what on earth to fix for a very picky eater husband, is my one daily worry!! Love the ideas you share here, by the way!!
    Sending HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hygiene is so important Elizabeth. We were brought up with it and I remember our teachers re-enforcing it at school, checking our nails, etc. to make sure we were clean. I think many people are filthy today and slovenly. Lazy really. Wow! That was something surviving getting hit by a truck! You are a miracle! ove and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved your little paper rainbows with their cottonball clouds. I admire your tenacity to keep up with the "stay at home" and "social distancing" and "mask wearing" mandates. You can't be too careful. It became mandatory today for everyone to wear a face covering inside public areas. It's been way too hot here to even go outside. I'm beginning to long for autumn but I don't want the summer to be over before it's barely started. Stay safe, you and Todd and Mitzie. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness it never gets that hot over here, at least not very often Elaine. I can understand people longing for autumn! Love, hugs and stay safe wishes. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful daybook post today, that I enjoyed very much.
    I have to keep reminding myself that it is the last days and the signs are there. We just have to buckle down and be obedient and follow the prophet and wait for the Savior to come. There will be plagues and more to deal with. However, I'm older so I don't know if I will be here or not. My husband does have some interesting promises.
    We are staying in and just hoping that Utah will be a little better at wearing masks and social distancing. They are opening up the churches for Sacrament meeting but not encouraging us to go at this time. We just want the temples to open so we can go back to work. It won't be for a while for sure. I think there is more humbling needed.
    Coconut pie, one of my favorites for sure.
    I like the mineral cheat sheet. I know it's good to have the minerals especially Zinc right now is suppose to be a good one.
    I think the stress ball is adorable; I need one.
    The book looks intriguing.
    Again, I love looking through your Dreaming ones. I always enjoy those photos and thoughts.
    Sending lots of love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I will be alive to see it either LeAnn. We do indeed livin in interesting times. Love and hugs to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!