Thursday 2 July 2020

My Favoruite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, intrigue me or that I just plain enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you. 






There's a new post up by Susan Branch.  Every day Susan posts is a red letter day for me! She's been pumping joy and inspiration into my life since I discovered her in Country Living Magazine in the 1980's! I can't wait to see her Christmas Book. I hope that it will be available over here! 




It is so cold here this morning that my bathrobe is one of my favourite things.  Its keeping me warm. I almost feel like putting the heat on. Its only the thoughts of having to pay for that heat at a time we shouldn't that is keeping me from putting it on. 


  


This is how I feel about July.  I saw this yesterday and it just resonated with me.  So far this year has been one for the record books.  Its been a bad couple of years for sure.  Hope for a brighter future is one of my favourite things. The tenacity of the human spirit.  



Of all the cakes in all the world, the Victoria Sponge is my favourite cake of all time.  If I was only allowed to have one slice of cake before I died, it would be a slice of this. No doubt about it. 



Bread  . . .  I just adore bread.  Any kind of bread.  Soft white, crusty, whole wheat, sour dough.  Bread sings the song of my heart and it doesn't even have to have anything on it.  True confession one of my favourite things to eat is a slice of lightly buttered crusty bread with gravy on it. Homemade gravy of course.   



Veranda's.  A place to sit and watch the world walk by.  Having one here where I live now would be so lovely. No mosquitoes or black flies to drive you crazy nibbling at your ears.  




Strawberry Pie.  I haven't made one yet this year . . .  I should  . . . 



Winding yarn into balls. It is the kind of mindless activity I can just sit and do for hours. I love seeing the balls all finished. I know  . . .  wierd.  




Things that sparkle. I'm like a crow  . . . 


  

Baby raccoons.  I love their little hands and their little bandit faces  . . . not so cute when they are adults and getting into your garbage. There are no racoons here in the UK. 


I love rings  . . .  my mother had a beautiful engagement ring. I don't know what happened to it. It wasn't ostentatious, just simple, but beautiful in every way. 

 

I love necklaces also.  I never wear them anymore though  . . .  my neck is too old and my chin too double.  I don't want to draw any attention to things like that, lol.  Yes, I am vain. 


  


This  . . .  if everyone practiced this art, the world would be transformed . . . 



The Empire Waist. It hides a multitude of sins  . . . 


  

Wouldn't I just love one of these  . . . 



 Built in beds  . . .  so much storage space . . . 



 The smell of the sea   . . . fresh and briny, like clean fish and seaweed and wet sand and salt  . . . 


 
 

What is the beat in your soul  . . .  mine changes from day to day. I never know what song it will sing  . . .  some days I could be doing the cha cha cha and others the mashed potato . . .  



Fresh croissants  . . . you can get really nice frozen ones that you bake up fresh in your oven at home.  Real French ones  . . .  not like those ones in the can.  Croissants in France are the best of all  . . . 

   


Prayer.  Praying for others. Others praying for me. I love this ability we have to reach out to a higher being and share all we are feeling, thinking, experiencing, etc.  Prayers are a gift no matter how you look at them  . . . Praying or prayed for  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *The only person you 
are destined to become
is the person
you decide to be.
~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


 

I've collected a baker's dozen of my favourite summer salads in The English Kitchen today  . . . 

Have a wonderful Thursday. Cold, overcast and blah here  . . .  don't forget  . . . 

  ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too! 


 





 















4 comments:

  1. I am so hoping the July brings only good things. Ware at the height of summer and it's beautiful, green and lush. I'm hoping to find some fresh veggies on salad ar the roadside stands soon. We are trying to keep cool here, no need for ones of those lush robes like yours. It's to be even hotter next week they say. I can only hope the electric bill doesn't get too high with the air conditioning on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Pam! Happy Fourth of July for you! I hope you don't need too much airconditioning. Its hard when we have to worry about how we are going to pay the electric bill, but that's old age for you! Limited incomes are a pain! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Loved your favourites this week, Marie. I found your angel on Amazon.com. It had mixed reviews. Some people loved it but one person said it looked like it came from the $ store. It was popular to give as a baby gift or a Christening gift. Apparently it comes with a hook so you can secure it better if your door frame is not exact. Food for thought. Sure hope it warms up for you. Needing to turn the heat on in July can't be good. I've ordered our Susan books. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have cherubs on our fire mantle, but I got tired of them eventually. Funny how our tastes change from time to time. I will have a look on Amazon. Its cold again this morning! Brrr... it was warmer in May than it is now! Thank you so much. I am excited! We both owe a lot to Susan, because of her, we met! That was a red letter day for me! Love you to bits! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!