Saturday 11 July 2020

All things nice . . .


MUSICA


Today I am flooding my page with all things that are nice, because in the light of what we have been going through in the year 2020 to date, we could all use a little bit of nice.  




I have always been in love with colour. I do not have a favourite one. When I am with it, the colour I am seeing/using/with is my favourite colour. I suppose that is why I love rainbows and people.  Many spend their lives chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I have come to the conclusion I am the pot of gold at the end of my own rainbow. 


I was born on a Saturday.  So was my mother.  I remember being told this poem when I was a child and thinking I would always have to work hard. And it is true, I have always had to work hard for everything. Now was that as a result of being told this when I was young, or is this proof that this poem actually has a level of truth in it.  My sister, however was born on a Sunday  . . . not sure this really applies to her. She has always had to work hard also . . .  maybe she was born on the cusp. I cannot remember my mother ever telling me what time she was born. 


Perhaps this is all just a 
big bit of nonesense.



  


To live is the rarest thing in the world.
Most people merely exist.
~Oscar Wilde 

I wonder what it is like to dance amongst the stars, to glide across moonbeans and dip your toes in their golden light . . .  




When I was a child I believed that I could grow up to be anything I wanted. Nothing has changed. It turns out that all I ever really wanted to be was a good person, and that's what I am. A good person. Part of that good person can be attributed to all the struggles I have had to face. I wouldn't have it any other way. 


  

Nothing can dim the light
that shines from within.
~Maya Angelou  


Beautiful and yet incredibly fragile. Glass balloons  . . .  aren't we all, but then again  . . .  cracks are how the light gets in  . . . 


If we had our lives to live over would any of us ever really do anything different?  I don't think we would. When I think of all my experiences and the people I have had in my life, I cannot imagine a live without even one of them. They are all a part of who I am and who I have become.  I like me. 



In Japan, broken objects are often repaired with gold.  The flaw is seen as a unique piece of the object's history, which adds to its beauty.  Consider this when you feel broken  . . .  flaws or opportunities for growth  . . . 


One of my favourite fairy tales when I was a girl was one called "East of the Sun West of the Moon."  It was in our encyclopedia, which I devoured on a regular basis. I loved reading then and I love it now. What was your favourite fairy tale? Or did you like fairy tales? 


Have you ever thought of having your home blessed?  When I had my Patriarchal Blessing I was told I was of the Tribe of Manasseh. Manasseh, one of the 12 tribes of Israel that in biblical times comprised the people of Israel. The tribe was named after a younger son of Joseph, himself a son of Jacob, The tribe of Manasseh settled in central Palestine . . . some to the east, some to the west of the Jordan River.

Perhaps in some way that explains my
fascination with East of the Sun
West of the moon. 



I love to listen to the sound of water trickling  . . .  from fountains, streams, rain . . .  There is a roundabout as you go into Chester called the Fountains Roudabout, so named because it is filled with fountains at its centre, which are usually turned on at this time of year.  They have not been turned on this year because a duck is living there with her family of ducklings.  



I hurriedly just took this photo out my back window.  There were dark low lying clouds moving past quickly, very foreboding  . . . .but through them you could see a window into a bright and sunny day.  That is almost like a metaphor for life don't you think?   



Already they are lifting  . . .  

I hope so. I had wanted to wash our bedding today and hang it out on the line. Otherwise it will be cluttering the house up. 


  

I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, where are you going
And this he told me
I'm going on down to Yasgur's farm
I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band
I'm going to camp out on the land
I'm going to try an' get my soul free
We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden 

Then can I walk beside you
I have come here to lose the smog
And I feel to be a cog in something turning
Well maybe it is just the time of year
Or maybe it's the time of man
I don't know who l am
But you know life is for learning
We are stardust
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden 


By the time we got to Woodstock
We were half a million strong
And everywhere there was song and celebration
And I dreamed I saw the bombers
Riding shotgun in the sky
And they were turning into butterflies
Above our nation
We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden 
. . .










What a novel way to hang up your laundry . . . I want some  . . .  the sun is shining brightly now. Wishes do come true. 

 
 

One is striped. One is orange. One is white.  Do they care? No. They only love each other and find comfort in the others' presence . . . that's as it should be. 

 
 

I've been telling myself this the whole of my life, and so far  . . .  I've been right! 

 A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
May your life be like a wildflower,
growing freely in the beauty and
joy of each day . . . •。★★ 。* 。
~Native American Proverb•。★★ 。* 。 



Something else nice.  Lemon Ginger Biscotti. In the kitchen today  . . .   


Have a nice Saturday. Hope its filled with nice things and many blessings.

Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  

 

And I do too! 






7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of flooding your post with all things nice. We ar what we think about and that makes you a very nice person. Thanks always for all the good thoughts !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam. You are a ray of sunshine also. I always enjoy your posts so very much. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You biscotti looks great! I want too..the clothes pins;)
    Signed..
    Wednesday's Child~
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh . . . Wednesday's child . . . there is no truth to it is there. Love you to bits. Perhaps we can make the clothespins. Yes? xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, loved all the nice things in your post this morning. For some reason I memorized the poem about birth days of the week. I was always upset by "Wednesday child is fill of woe". I have seen it changed to "Wednesday's child knows no woe". That's a lot better. My brother and I were born on a Sunday as was my sister. We are all so different, though. It's cooled down a bit today. Enjoy your weekend everyone. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE had to memorise a lot for school in those days Elaine, perhaps that is why? Funny that you were all born on a Sunday. My first two husbands were both born on the same day in the same year. Two completely different individuals. I think our environment has more to do with who we become than anything else, the rest is genetics. Love and hugs and happy weekend to you and Larry! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, this one had so many astounding thoughts. I loved it all. It was nice. I remember that poem and I think I was born on a Tuesday, but I'm going to find out. I want to know when my husband was born too.
    It is such a blessing to be alive and experience this life. I know that I am who I am because of the experiences, struggles and etc. that I have had. I love all of the Plan of Happiness. I see it unfolding in my life and it is a perfect plan.
    I love all colors too. I do love light and it has so many glorious meanings to our need for light.
    I loved your blessing and the tribe you are from; that is awesome. It kind of explains a lot too of who you are.
    The last poem about returning to the garden reminded me how much I hope the Savior comes soon and we can all be back in the Terrestrial garden. I do think the signs are that it's not that far away.
    Thanks again for your lovely post.
    Blessings and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!