Tuesday 10 December 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, December 10th, 2019 


Outside my window...
Its dark and cold and dry. Dry is a bonus this time of year. 


I am thinking ...
Do we get the life we deserve? Or do we deserve the life that we get?  It is totally random, or is it Karma? Sometimes it one huge mystery to me. 


I am thankful for ...
A warm dry home and roof over my head and the many, many blessings I enjoy in my life.



In the kitchen ...  


Nothing really new, but I can share a roundup of my favourite Christmas Cookies. If that doesn't inspire you to get into the kitchen and baking, nothing will! 


On my "To Cook" list ...  



The Busy Baker.  Peach Cobbler Muffins. These look yummy!  


Good to know ...  




I am creating ...  


  


Breien en Bepper.  Christmas Bows. Its in Dutch, but there is a translate feature on the page.  Cute! 


Snappy Tots.  Love these crochet Candy Canes.  I've done these in years gone by.


Love Crafts. Icycle Ornaments.  


Crochet Ideas.  Hot to Crochet Snowflakes.  There is a video. 


Poppy and Bliss.  Crochet Christmas Ribbon Bauble.  


 I am Reading ...  


Delicious, A tale of love, war & cake, by Ruth Reichl 

Dear Mr Beard, 
I sent my Magic Moments off yesterday, and that made me think of you. I hope the cookies will remind Father of our life here. Or maybe I should say what life used to be, before the war changed everything . . . 

Hidden in the library of Delicious! magazine young intern Billie discovers the wartime letters of twelve-year-old Lulu Swan, written to distinguished food writer, James Beard. Lulu’s can-do spirit in the face of food shortages and other hardships help Billie come to terms with her own tragic past. Until one day it occurs to her: Lulu Swan might still be alive.

I have only just started this.  It has some good reviews.

Dreaming About ... 

   


Pioneer Woman glassware  . . .  so pretty . . .  




Doric & Pansy Ultramarine covered butter dsh from the 1930's   . . .  stunning  . . .   




Blue Depression Glass  . . .  


  

Blue glass punch bowl and cups  . . . 




Viking Arlington Glass Goblets in Azure  Blue . . .  

I love blue glass  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 



These animal art dolls on Instagram.  By Annie Montgomerie.  Are they not gorgeous?  I love all her stuff. 
  

Something to Watch ... 


 Elizabeth is Missing.  An adaptation of the book written by Emma Healy, and done by the BBC.  It stars Glenda Jackson and is incredible. The BBC do fabulous drama. 


A thought to carry with you  ... 

 ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
 •。★★ 。* 。

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Some talk to you in their free time,
Some free time to talk to you.
Learn to tell the difference.
 ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


Corners of my kingdom ... 


(source)

Arlington Row.  A row of weaver's cottages in the Cotswalds, one of the most picturesque areas of the UK.


 And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!       
 


8 comments:

  1. Love that quote!! That crocheted snowflake is gorgeous...wish I had the written pattern!!
    Just tonight it occured to me that Netflix probably has the latest season of The Crown on...argh...better late than never!! We watched the first 2 of this season!! Loved it!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the link should take you to where you can get the pattern Elizabeth! Yes, the latest season of The Crown is on now. Its fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi, Marie! Sooo GOOD to catch up with you. This was a lovely post, today. The BIG questions... It's funny, I used to ponder them sooo much. Nowadays, I'm kind of un-learning the big questions, and being happy here and now... the "daily miracles." :) LOVE the cookie focus in your Kitchen--yummy! And LOVE all the yarn-y ornaments and decor. Those animal dolls are incredible--sooo clever, they look real, alive! Oh, Ruth Reichl--so much enjoy her books! I somehow missed this novel of her's. Hope you have a beautiful and blessed week, dear friend... LOVE YOU LOTS!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daily miracles are the way to go Tracy! Love and hugs to you and a blessed week! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I wish I could see Elizabeth is missing..Telling you here again.
    You have been supercalifragilistiexpialidociously fabulous at sharing your baking for YEARS.Thank you again for all the recipes all the time..never failing..loyal.
    Star Baker:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Monique! Love that word, lol. I am sure Elizabeth is Missing will be on Netflix or Prime at some point. You are sure to enjoy, but it is a bit sad! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I will be busy looking at your Christmas cookie recipes. I am sure I will be baking away.
    I always love the crocheted items and drool over them. I wish I could just read a pattern and do them. Maybe sometime, I will slow down and do it.
    I liked the stomach pain chart; thanks!
    I do love blue so therefore, I loved all the blue dishes.
    It would be such a treat to visit England. I love your Corner of your Kingdom photos.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I live in a beautiful country for the most part LeAnn, it is so green. I am sure that the early Pioneers who travelled across to American and the to Utah must have felt like they had landed on another planet! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!