Friday 20 December 2019

My Friday Finds . . .



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become, inspire memories . . . maybe they will do the same for you!  As it is the last one prior to Christmas this weeks theme is very festive!  


Kids Craft Room. Yarn and Stick Christmas Trees.  Some of you may have a house full of grandchildren, etc. over the next few days. Here is something to keep them busy!  
  


  

Kids Craft Room. Another simple one for the kiddies.  Reindeer corner bookmarks!  




Handmade Charlotte.  Painted nut ornaments.  



The House that Lars Built.  Homemade Paper Candle Ornaments.  





Alice & Lois. DIY beaded snowflakes.  




Ann Wood. Wax paper Crystal snowflakes.  These are pretty!  




Good Housekeeping.  DIY Sugar Cookie Ornaments.  





Lia Griffith, paper houses.  Sweet!  




The House That Lars Built.  Printable Retro ornaments.  Cute!  



Makezine.  How to make Bottle Brush Trees.  




Flamingo Toes. Retro style vintage looking wreath.  





No source.  Just eye candy . . .  




This one as well.  I love it!  Our friend Monique did a brilliant one this year which you can see here.   I like hers best of all. 




Foodie Quine.  Gingerbreadmen Rocky Road.  




Baking with Granny.  Grannie's Shortbread.  


And those are my finds for this week.  I might come back with a few more tomorrow.  For some reason last night I could not fall asleep and so I didn't get up until almost 7 am this morning. 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Wherever you go,
leave a heart print.
 •。★★ 。* 。•。★ 


I have to tell you.  I have been feeling pretty bad about this Doreen and Billy business.  We have been friends for many, many years, and I hated to think that I was being small minded.  Doreen is 90 now and I was thinking I needed to go see her.  I had sent her a card for her Birthday and Billy too, but I felt I needed to do more than that. So yesterday I bought a nice Christmas Card and I said to Todd we are going to go and see them and we did.  It took us a lot of courage to go to the door, but we did.  We just told each other that the worst thing that could happen is that they were angry and tells us to &^%$^£(*&^%,  and then we would know, and never go again.   But we had a really lovely visit with them.  Billy apologised for his behaviour and Doreen was ever so pleased to see us.  She took my hand and told me how much she had missed me and how much she loved me.  I felt really bad for not having gone all these months.  To make a long story short, all is well, and I feel truly sorry and chastened for having let my pride prevent me from going to see her for all this time. Pride truly does goeth before the fall. 

If there is someone in your life that you feel the need to build bridges with, don't hesitate.  This is the perfect time of year to make it up.  We often build these things up in our minds to being much, much worse than they really are.


Easy Chili Mac & Cheese 

I am sharing an old recipe today as I didn't get anything new done yesterday.  I was otherwise occupied.  Chili Mac & Cheese.  The perfect recipe for these hectic last few days before Christmas. 

Have a wonderful Friday.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too! 





 







15 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, I'm so glad you and Todd, Doreen and Billy are friends again. That's probably what kept you awake - thinking of everything. I'm definitely going to make the chili mac and cheese. I've got my grocery list ready and we're heading out for our Christmas provisions this morning. I hope to find a small, fresh turkey but may settle tor a large, fresh chicken, lol. Get warm and cozy, Marie, and have a winter's afternoon nap. It calms the soul. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so relieved because in all truth the issue was bothering me for a while now. We are all human, and this is the season for forgiveness! I hope you enjoy the recipe Elaine! We like it anyways! I hope you can get what you need at the shops. They are really busy now! I sent a small package to you a while back. I hope it gets there in time for Christmas! I shall be most disappointed if it doesn't!! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hi Marie, I'm so excited to hear that you have sent me a package. Thank you so much. There is still hope it will arrive before Christmas as we often get package deliveries on Saturday and Sunday the last weekend before Christmas. I'll let you know right away when it arrives. We were able to get all our Christmas provisions in and the two stores we went to were busy but not frantic. I didn't want to leave it till the weekend. Our fridge is full so the chicken has been banished to the car where it will keep fresh and cold till Tuesday. We have decided to roast a chicken for the two of us with all the traditional sides. My very favourite side is creamed onions. I'll have dressing with apples, cranberry and sausage and turkey gravy, both courtesy of Farm Boy. Two kinds of cranberries, fresh with an orange and then the cooked sauce. Mince tarts for dessert plus plum pudding. Yum! Saturday's dinner will be your Chili Mac and Cheese. I bought all the ingredients today. Well, dinnertime here and it's fried trout, mashed potatoes and yellow beans. Hope you and Todd enjoy your weekend, Marie. Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! Hugs, Elaine




      Delete
    3. Oh, what a delicious sounding Christmas Dinner Elaine! What I wouldn't give to be a guest at your table. I am worried about the package, but live in hope. I bought a big lovely card for our Doug's birthday, with pop-outs and everythig. I mailed it to him a couple weeks before his birthday on November 23, and he never got it. So disappointed in that. He did however get my Christmas package, so who knows what the post is like! I love creamed onions. I have not made in a long time. I must rectify that! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing all the lovely things in your post today. I'm hoping ro get the wrapping done today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine it is a lot of work Pam with that lovely big family of yours! All a part of the joys of Christmas! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love that you went over!!♥Lots of cute things here..mycup runneth over with ideas of course:)TY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Monique! I was pleased that we did. Christmas is no time to be wearing ill feelings towards anyone! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. How good it must feel to be friends again! Happy for you all. And that recipe looks delicious.
    Merry Christmas!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary. It was scary but we did it and felt so much better after. Merry Christmas! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post, thank you, Merry Christmas sweet friend!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! Love you too! Merry Christmas. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Ah, you and Todd are super people, Marie...it took such courage to go see Doreen and Billy...so glad it all went well. I think there are times in all relationships when we need to step back and let things be for awhile. Do not berate yourself for so doing. You deserve a reward for going to see them in spite of things, after a break.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I hope you have a Merry Christmas! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing all the Christmas items and thoughts. The best of course, was your moment with dear friends. It's a perfect forgiveness and love story; thanks for sharing it.
    Christmas blessings and hugs for you sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!