Wednesday 27 September 2017

Wednesday This and That . . .

 

Good morning everyone (Or afternoon, depending on where you are coming from.)  The sun is showing her head above the rooftops, I can hear the birds beginning their morning chorus, Mitzie is snoring on the sofa and I am sitting here tip tapping away at my keyboard. I can hear the water trickling through the filter in the aquarium and the clocks tick-ticking.  I love the sounds of clocks ticking. We have three clocks here in our main living space.  A tall grandmother's clock, a Westminster pendulum clock on the wall and a carriage case clock on the windowsill over our dining room table.  They all chime . . .  which is something else I like.  Todd has them set to chime, one after the other and not all at once.  I never even notice them anymore.  We also have a cuckoo clock which sits on the wall above the computer, but it is merely decoration now.  It no longer works.  We bought it when we were holidaying in the Black Forest once upon a time.  It is carved from wood and has little dancers that used to come out and twirl about every hour on the hour to a different tune.  They sit in limbo now . . .  just like the cuckoo.  Sad but true. It is just a dust collector now.



Todd went out yesterday and picked up four cases (40 bottles each) of bottled water.  I know it seems like a lot.  We have always been really good with the food storage, but not so good at water storage.  With everything that is going on in the world, I felt prompted the other day when I was in the shower that we needed to buy some water.  I don't know why.  I don't know what for.  I am merely following the promptings given me.  You can go for a long while on a little bit of food, but you can't go very long without water.  I reckon 160 bottles is enough to get us through a week or so anyways, or maybe not. We may need to get  more.  But we have four cases for now.  


I got started on the ornaments for the grandchildren yesterday.  I just need to sew this one onto its backing now.  I went with a red, white and blue theme for it.  Not sure if I totally like it or not.  I think a variety of colours would be nicer, but this is what I did.  I had cut out all the parts of it weeks ago, but got distracted and never got around to doing anything with it. I need to kickstart myself into gear because Christmas will be upon us before we know it!  

 
  
I worked at some recipe development yesterday.  Someone from the Lamb Board had contacted me and wanted me to try to develop a recipe for them.  I created a Lamb Samosa Taco.  I did not use ground lamb.  I find ground lamb to be very fatty.  Instead I used leg of lamb steaks that I cut into strips and chopped before adding my special seasonings and cooking, etc.  I served them in folded flat breads with shredded lettuce, slice cucumber, some raita and a good mango chutney. They were absolutely delicious.  You can look for that recipe about the second week of October.  I really love developing recipes.  Its one of my favourite things to do!


I called my dad yesterday and then we ended up facetiming for a while.  It was really good to talk to him and to get to see him.  We don't do it near often enough.  He keeps pretty busy and I have a hard time finding him at home with our time differences and all.  He's looking really good and has gotten back into his ham radios.  He showed me three that he has now. I am happy he has  a hobby. Everyone needs a good hobby to help keep them busy.  I love my dad so very much and miss him.  He was going to my moms and sisters for supper.  He said my sister was cooking his favourite, sausages and he was quite pleased about that.  I have always said my parents are the poster children for "Good Divorce."  They are good friends and that has made all the difference in the world to us.  It was a bit difficult at the beginning, but thankfully that did not last.

 

We received two beautiful cards in the post from my mother for our Birthdays.  Mom finally got them posted to us and they only took a few days to get here all the way from Nova Scotia.  I am amazed sometimes at how fast the post sometimes comes.  I loved my card so much.  Late or not, it means the world to me.  I love the verses on it.  The front says (just in case you can't read it)  "Daughter, cherishing the little girl memories  . . .  Happy that you've grown up so beautiful."  Inside  it says "If I could, I'd relive every day of you, my wonderful daughter. I'd soak up every smile and every moment all over again.  Id take the hard parts along with the sweet ones, and I'd cherish it all even more.  But you know, simply enjoying you now is pretty great, too.  I can't help marveling a little at the person you've become. Every new day of you makes me look forward to the next  . . .  and the next . . .  Happy Birthday to my wonderful daughter."  And then she has siged it and left a little note.  It made me cry.  I love my mother so very much. I wish that I could be there with her . . . but I can't travel on my own now and we can't afford tickets for two people and care for the dog. Sad but true. Maybe I will have some really good book sales when my cookbook comes out!  Now wouldn't that be something!  Fingers crossed.


I have a fairly busy day planned today.  First my friend Tina and I are going to go and visit our friend Audrey in the Care Home.  I was talking to Peter yesterday and she is having to be spoon fed now, even her drinks as she is unable to feed herself or drink without help. That made me sad. I am sure it is breaking Peter's heart and I said as much to him, but then I reminded him of the hope the Gospel brings to us, and that one day they will be together in the eternities and in their Prime, and he laughed and said, she'll probably be telling me I'm driving her bonkers. 

After we visit Audrey we are travelling to a sister member's home where we are going to do some cleaning for her.  She had an operation on her leg a while back and is in a wheelchair and so we are going to do what we can to help her today.  I'll be okay doing the stuff I can stand up to do, but I won't be able to get down on my knees or anything, and I am sure Tina won't be able to either.  She has had both her knees replaced.  We'll do our best however and that will be much appreciated I am sure.  Our friend Lesley will be there also.  She has ME (which is chronique fatigue syndrom) so the three of us, including the sister we are visiting will make quite a combination!  Oh, it does make you laugh doesn't it!  

At any rate these opportunities to serve others are the best, in whatever capacity we can! 

   

We have gotten quite caught up in the drama "Liar" on ITV these past few weeks.  It stars Joanne Froggatt (Anna from Downton Abbey) and Ioan Gruffudd.  I am not sure how you pronounce his name, perhaps Owen??? Can anyone Welsh help me?  Anyways, it is a really intriguing story about a woman who accuses a man of raping her, but she can't prove it.  These first few weeks have really kept us in suspence as to who is the liar.  Very good.   If you get a chance to view this series, take it!  It is well worth the watch.  No spoilers from me.  Just watch and find out. We are on the edge of our seats with this one.

And with that I best be off here.  I have a lot to do before I leave this morning.

A thought to carry with you  . . .

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°Sometimes we can learn, study and know,
and sometimes we have to believe, trust and hope.
~M Russell Ballard •。★★ 。* 。

Spiritual Enlightenment 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Skillet Aubergine Parmesan.  (Eggplant)  Healthy and delicious!
Have a wonderful Wednesday.  Hope your day is filled with light and love.  Don't forget along the way,

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


and I do too! 

 




4 comments:

  1. Good morning maeie, not often I get in at this time of the morning. That was a beautiful birthday card your mum sent, such lovely words I'm sure they were all meant....looks like a busy day ahead for you. Please do take care. I did laugh at the vision of the three plus the lady your helping all trying to do a little work..one with bad feet, one knees, one just not very able plus the poorly lady !!!Must go now. Mary and I going to Chippenham this morning whenever she comes over and I have to be ready ...much love flowing up to Chester xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that every little bit you can do will be helpful. It's always good to help others sea give a bit of encouragement when we can. The lamb dish sounds good. I do love the flavor but it is expensive so I rarely have it. It's a tribute to your cooking that someone asked you for a new recipe. I'll be looking forward to seeing it. Take care and don't over do. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ioan is pronounced like Johan in German. Yo-an. It's a form of John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much Sybil. It went well, we only had to wash the windows thankfully as others were doing other things and a lot had been done already. Tina got the upper ones as she is about six feet tall and I got to do the lower ones because I am a shortie pie! It was fun! Love and hugs! xoxo

    We don't eat it very often either Pam, but we do enjoy it on rare occasions! God bless! xoxo

    Thanks very much Angharad! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!