Friday 1 September 2017

My Friday Finds . . .

 

A few of the things I find each week that inspire me to want to do, become, create, cook, etc. Maybe they will inspire you too! 


Knit Hacker, a brilliant crocheted book to teach baby about the weather.  Love this. 

  
Add caption
 Stacking multi-coloured crochet baskets.  Love these also. A free pattern/tutorial from Christine Williams


A simple crochet headband.  I love this.  Just what I need to tame my unruly locks.  From Crochet Dreamz. Another free pattern.  There are lots of patterns on that page. 


Country Cottage and Tree Ornaments, from Bella Crochet. So cute.  Love the little house. Lots of free patterns on that blog as well.


Painted Rock Inspiration from Deborah McGee Art, on Etsy.  


From EHow, how to finish the backing on a baby blanket.  I love the idea of backing these things with pretty fabric.  A lap blanket would be lovely backed like this.  


Free Printable Recipe Binder.  Just a Girl and Her Blog.  


The Sewing Loft, how to create Zipper Tabs. What a nifty idea to add interest to garments, etc.  


No source, just inspiration.  These are bottlecaps, painted on, and embellished.  Love them. If you weren't great at painting, you could decoupage them on with napkins or found papers.  Sweet! 


 
I love this accordian purse/wallet.  Complete Tutorial on DIY Tutorial Ideas


A do it yourself, make it at home Autumn fragrance.  I am so going to try this out in my wax burner.  I never thought of doing this.  Brilliant! 


A cute little button doll charm.  I couldn't find the instructions for this exact one, but I did find a tutorial on YouTube to make a similar one!  Cute! Its a very good video.  The music is a bit irritating, but once you get the hang of it, it looks like a doddle.

 

From The Instructables.  A roll up glove box caddy to hold all your essentials.  What a neat idea!

Have you ever wondered why it is called a glove box? 

 A glove compartment or glovebox or glovie is a compartment built into the dashboard, located over the front-seat passenger's footwell in an automobile, often used for miscellaneous storage. The name derives from the original purpose of the compartment, to store gloves. 


Pie anyone? If you can't trust Betty Crocker, then who can you trust? 

 
 Oh my days . . .  Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob.  I've died and gone to heaven.  From The Spruce


Just when you think you've seen it all.
Long stemmed Bacon Roses.
What next?

A complete tutorial on Kiss Recipes. 

 

And finally, the Top Twelve Tips to lose weight.  Not sure it would ever be 20 pounds in two weeks, but what the hey!  Can't hurt! 

And those are my Friday Finds for this week!  Whew! 

I've been working on my food blog, making it look more up-to date, etc.  Easier to peruse.  Take and gander and let me know what you think.   Look here. I quite like it myself.


How did that happen?  It can't be September already can it?
The calendar tells me it is so.
Sigh ...

Happy September! 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° "No."  is a complete sentence.
It doesn't require justification 
or explanation.
~Unknown    •。★★ 。* 。

Much like "Yes" I suppose!  



In The English Kitchen today  . . .  a loaf with a surprise ingredient.  Pink Polka Dot Drizzle Loaf.   

Have a fabulous Friday.  It looks to be a sunny day here. Off for more blood tests this morning and I got a letter yesterday telling me that I need to have more urine tests. There is no rest for the wicked!   Don't forget along your way of today! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
 
 And I do too! 

 



11 comments:

  1. Marie! Missed you! So glad you are back and that all is OK! It's hard being without internet access. We get so spoiled though, don't we? ;) Just very glad all is well. I was worried maybe you were in the hospital again, or somethings... Your foodie blog looks FAB!! I like the little changes. And mostly LOVE to see the picture of you! You've done a great job polishing up the site. And as ever here, FUN finds this week! LOVE all the crochet projects. And I really like the idea of the fabric backing on a crochet/knit blanket. Bacon wrapped corn on the cob--that must be the ultimate corn on the cob--WOW! I'm sure about the bacon "rose" bouquet, though... LOL! I can't believe it's September, either, that we've now entered the last quarter of the year too. I like September though, what with it's back-to-school feeling, and it's always seemed like the real start of a new year to me. Wishing you all a LOVELY autumn, and a happy weekend now, too! LOVE YOU!! ((Lots of LOVE & BIGS HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are truly spoiled Tracy! I am having to catch up on a lot that I missed. It became really apparent to both of us that we rely a lot on the internet, even for our television viewing because we couldn't access our Netflix or Prime. We were reduced to watching dvd's as we gave up our Sky television a long time ago now! Thanks for your feedback on the food blog. I am really liking the cleaner fresher look also. I love September. It does have a back to school vibe going and I am looking forward to the changing leaves, etc. Love you! Big hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marie,

    I loved the quirky things you have found. I liked the crochet book. Bacon roses are a long stretch. Perhaps one or two dad's will get them for our Fathers' Day this Sunday.

    Now I am back on the net I wonder how I lived from my phone for 18 months.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hi Marie,

    I took a look at your revamped 'English Kitchen'. You have done a very nice job...I like it.

    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of nice Friday finds today. I love the headbands, and the wax melt idea. The fragrances of fall are wonderful. Cinnamon and spice and all things nice. I also like the tips for weight loss. As I just had an apple fritter fro breakfast, I know eating oatmeal would have been healthier. It's no wonder I need to loose some weight! Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent revamp! So youthful and with it!

    Good goob Marie.. really really nice!

    And fun stuff here:)Thanks for everything you share as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food blog looks so much better! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Suzan. I was thinking of your wee one when I found that baby book! I know, about the internet, we are so dependant on it nowadays! It's almost scary! God bless. Xoxo

    Thanks very much Carlene! Glad you like it! Xoxo

    Like you, I enjoy the autumn fragrances Pam! This is much cheaper than scented candles! Have a great weekend! Xoxo

    Thanks so much Monique! Means a lot from you! Xoxo

    Thanks Idoya! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the cool things u found this wk Marie!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did find some awesome crochet items to dream about. The little book is adorable. I enjoyed all your finds; I will hope to e able to look at a few of the links. Thanks for the recipe for the Autumn smells; one to try!
    Bacon wrap corn on the cob; yummy! I loved that right after that was the list for losing 20 lbs. I could do that one. I need too.
    I checked out your food blog and loved your new format. It is lovely!
    Loving thoughts and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!