Tuesday 22 August 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 

FOR TODAY, August 22, 2017

Outside my window ...
The sun is up and the skies are cloudy, but it looks as if it might clear.  Mind you that could change in five minutes time.  The weather here, at best, is very changeable.

I am thinking ...
So late this morning getting started.  I woke up about an hour later and the hour since has just evaporated!  Hope the rest of my day doesn't disappear so quickly!

In the kitchen ...

 German Casserole.  Have had this sitting in my "to-post folder" since the spring. Can't believe it has taken me this long to post it.  Its delicious.  Leftover potatoes, ham, and onions, layered with kraut and cheese.  It's quick and easy to make and a very tasty use of found ingedients!  Oh yes . . .  there is cheese.

On my "To Cook" list ...


Diane Henry's Potato and Beetroot Gratin.  Someone gifted me with a big bag of potatoes and beetroot from their garden and this looks like a tasty way to use up some of them! From Love Beetroot.  I do so love savoury bakes!

Good to know ...

Every little helps  . . . 

I am creating ...
  

Amanda Saladin.  A free pattern for a lovely large tote bag.  Maybe not in those colours however . . . 


How to make a rag rug from an old sheet.  From Gemma Cooper on Grillo Designs.  


How to wax fall leaves. From Creative Homemaking.  


DIY Pumpkins from Terra Cotta Pots, from Real Housemoms.  


From Love Knitting.  Pom Pom Christmas Pudding Decorations. Complete Tutorial. Cute!

I am reading ...
 

Before The Storm, by Diane Chamberlain
Fifteen-year-old Andy Lockwood is special.
Others notice the way he blurts out anything that comes into his mind, how he cannot foresee consequences, that he's more child than teenager. But his mother sees a boy with a heart as open and wide as the ocean.

Laurel Lockwood lost her son once through neglect. She's spent the rest of her life determined to make up for her mistakes, and she's succeeded in becoming a committed, protective parent—maybe even overprotective. Still, she loosens her grip just enough to let Andy attend a local church social—a decision that terrifies her when the church is consumed by fire. But Andy survives…and remarkably, saves other children from the flames. Laurel watches as Andy basks in the role of unlikely hero and the world finally sees her Andy, the sweet boy she knows as well as her own heart.

But when the suspicion of arson is cast upon Andy, Laurel must ask herself how well she really knows her son…and how far she'll go to keep her promise to protect him forever.

I have loved every Diane Chamberlain book I have read, and so far I am loving this one too.

I am looking forward to ...
Waking up every morning.  What a blessing! Seriously.  I can't wait to get started on my day as soon as I open my eyes every morning.  I don't languish in bed.  I am up and at 'em!

Dreaming About ...

Visiting Copenhagen one day . . .  On the Luce, has budget tips for doing so . . .


Autumn walks  . . . 

  

A bumble bee watch  . . . 


Pretty rings  . . . 

  

Glow in the dark nails  . . .  mystical . . . 

Something to Watch ...


Accused of murder when she was a child, a dressmaker (Kate Winslet) returns to her small Australian town to seek revenge on the locals who did her wrong. 

A quote for the day  ...

(¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Time stands still best in moments
        that look suspiciously like ordinary life.
                   ~Brian Andreas  •~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 

Makes me smile ...
  

This girl is a squirrel named Jill on Instagram.  A cute squirrel that was rescued during Hurricane Isaac.  Follow her on Instagram.  You won't be sorry.  She's adorable.  

Corners of my Kingdom ...

(source)  

Afternoon tea at the Grosvenor Hotel, Chester  . . . some day . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿¸.
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!  
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! That German Casserole looks delicious. CUTE crochet bag--I like the size and shape. More cute is that Pudding Pom Pom And what a lovely way to preserve leaves... I read that the Victorians used to wax flowers, I'm sure they did leaves too! Copenhagen is a lovely city! It's been so long since we were there, so it'd be nice to go back. Do hope you get to see one day! We saw that Kate Winslet film on a plane a while back, and it was good, but very heavy, oh my... :/ Happy Day, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! You will love the casserole if you make it! I am going to make the pompom puddings I think! I thought the film was pretty good, and yes a bit heavy at times, but we like these sorts of things from time to time. Happy Day my dear friend. Love you and hugs right back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your bag!Pretty bee and rings..you must feel so great back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years ago we would press leaves between sheets of waxed paper to preserve them. They do make pretty fall decorations. Hard to believe it is now less than a month until fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great to be home Monique. My symptoms are still bothering me but I am trying to ignore them. Hard to do! Xoxo

    I remember doing that also Pam! I wish we had wax paper over here! I know the summer has just whizzed by! God bless! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was little I use to mix my beets into my mashed potatoes and gross my family out when I ate them. So I bet I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was little I use to mix my beets into my mashed potatoes and gross my family out when I ate them. So I bet I would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so fun; and I love reading your daybook. Our weather has been much milder and for the Eclipse there wasn't a cloud in the sky on most of it's path. I call that a miralce. I wish I was an early morning person and could just hop out of bed with a smile on my face. I'm a slow go. Of course, our mission requires I am up and at it.
    The casserole does look like a good one. Thanks for the recipes.
    If my husband could actually go to Perth, Australiz to see our oldest daughter, I would could use the guide for sleeping on an airplane.
    Due to health concerns with my husband we proably won't get to do this one. It would be a trip of a life time; but way to expensive for us.
    I love all the projects and the bag is a cute one. Oh, if I could make this one. I just don't have that creative talent; but I do like to look at them.
    I think I need a bit more of the plot on the book before it will intrigue me.
    I really loved the photo of the mother and child walking in the fall; just lovely! The Bumble Bee Watch is adorable; along with that sweet photo of the squirrel.
    Interesting that there is a glow in the dark nail polish. I think it would scare me in the middle of the night.
    Hope you are doing well; sweet friend. Sending blessings, prayers love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Beets Jan! One of my favourite vegetables! xoxo

    How wonderful that you were able to see the Eclipse LeAnn! We did not get it here as far as I know and if we did, it was very cloudy anyways. I wish your husband could travel to Perth. What a joy that would be. haha about the nailpolish! Love you my sweet friend, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!