Tuesday 15 August 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, August 15. 2017

Outside my window ...
It's perfectly light and the skies are clear.  The internet has been giving me the run around this morning so I am really late starting. Have rebooted the router and whatnot I don't know how many times! Frustrating!

I am thinking ...
In my dreams I never arrive at my destination.  No matter where I am trying to go.  It is always about the journey and the travel bits, but never, ever do I get where I am headed.  I wonder if that means anything. 
 
In the kitchen ...

 Easy Burger Buns.  I have become a bread baking person.  These buns turned out great!

On my "To Cook" list ...

Chiliquiles.  The other night on the Gilmore Girls they kept talking about Chiliquiles.  It piqued my interest. Now I want to try it.  From Lady Behind the Curtain.  I love Mexican . . . I think these are a type of Nacho . . . 

Good to know ...


I am creating ... 

  

Wash Cloth Teddy Bear Tutorial, from The Whoot

  

Microwavable Heat Packs . . . from How to Build It.  

  

Travel Duffle Bag Sewing Pattern.  From Studio Cherie on Etsy. I really, really like this.

 

Folded Paper Stars. From Birch and Button. 

  

Remembrance Day Poppies. Emma Leith Tellier.  Still give money to the poppy appeal however.  They need the financial support for our Veterans.

I am reading ... 


 
Before The Storm, by Diane Chamberlain
Fifteen-year-old Andy Lockwood is special.

Others notice the way he blurts out anything that comes into his mind, how he cannot foresee consequences, that he's more child than teenager. But his mother sees a boy with a heart as open and wide as the ocean.

Laurel Lockwood lost her son once through neglect. She's spent the rest of her life determined to make up for her mistakes, and she's succeeded in becoming a committed, protective parent—maybe even overprotective. Still, she loosens her grip just enough to let Andy attend a local church social—a decision that terrifies her when the church is consumed by fire. But Andy survives…and remarkably, saves other children from the flames. Laurel watches as Andy basks in the role of unlikely hero and the world finally sees her Andy, the sweet boy she knows as well as her own heart.

But when the suspicion of arson is cast upon Andy, Laurel must ask herself how well she really knows her son…and how far she'll go to keep her promise to protect him forever.

I have loved every Diane Chamberlain book I have read, and so far I am loving this one too.

I am looking forward to ...
Finally seeing my book in print.  It seems to be taking a long time. I am hoping it will be worth it.  Originally they had said the end of May.  I guess I will have to trust in that old idiom about Good Things coming to those who wait!  Patience is a Virtue and all that!

Dreaming about ...


The lavendar fields of Provence  . . . 

  

Vintage linens  . .  white on white, crisp and startched . . . 


Crochet lace trims  . . . 

  

Having a pantry  . . . 


Vintage lining paper for shelves . . . 

Something to Watch ...

  

Jane Eyre, 2011 version.  We watched this last night.  Very good.  Very dark.  Lots of atmosphere and beautiful things  . . . 

A quote for the day ...
 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
 Wherever you are is my home  . . . 
            My only home.
                 ~Jane Eyre  •~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.

Makes me smile ...
  

Flowers and raindrops . . .  flowers from Doreen . . .  the thought cheers my heart.

Corners of my kingdom ...

 

Todd and Mitzie at Conniston Water in the Lake District  . . . seems like forever ago  . . . 

And that's my daybook for this week!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿¸.
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!! 

 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely daybook. That travel bag looks amazing! I'm not out and about much at the moment as George has got shingles. We're supposed to be going to London at the weekend (the doctor has said he should be ok by then) but we'll see. Meanwhile catching up with all those little jobs that you never seem to get round to! Enjoy your day. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Marie and everyone,

    I love the travel bag and the teddies. The stars are pretty astonishing too. I am off to look at the poster about dining. A short while ago I discovered that people use their cutlery to send messages to the kitchen. most chef's I know say that they know if the dish went well by what was left on the plate. So I must explore this oddity to find out more.

    I went on a country drive with Beth this afternoon. For this musical she needs jazz shoes, chorus shoes and tap shoes. Pip has given her some but Pip's foot is smaller than Beth's. She found several shoes at great deals and understandably did not want to enter strangers homes on her own. I enjoyed the drive and there was an extra bonus. I hate the smell of pork cooking and that was for dinner. Yippeee. If I choose I can go with her to the Gold Coast tomorrow after school. Jermu has a class tonight so he couldn't help today.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab travel bag..hope you make it..I'd love to see your fabric choices..if I made this it would be a mess.

    Love the poppy..and the flowers:)
    Come on book!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie! Those buns look sooo good! Next is burger & sausage bun, as well as flat breads on my learn-to-bake list! :) Those chiliquiles look very delish too! Lots of good here today... That towel teddy is a great idea, and those crochet poppies too... I've seen that version of Jane Eyre too--VERY good! Happy Week, my friend--LOVE YOU! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Chilaquiles do look intriguing and I'll have to look up the recipe. I'm always willing to try something new. Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry George has the shingles Kate. I know how uncomfortable they are and how very painful. I hope it doesn't take too long before he feels better again! xoxo

    Isn't it funny Suzan, I hate the smell of pork cooking too! Odd that! It smells offensive to me! country drives are lovely drives! xoxo

    Oh, I think I would like something flowery and bright, maybe Pip fabrics Monique! Reds and turquoises! Bright and cheerful! I ordered some yarn for the poppies. xoxo

    I would like to try Pita Bread Tracy, something with a nice big pocket. The ones in the shops have such tiny pockets! Love and hugs. xoxo

    I am going to try those Chilaquiles for sure someday Pam. I love Mexican favours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!