Friday 5 December 2014

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

 A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!  























How to store onions, garlic and shallots.   Who knew it would be such a simple thing!  Paper bags.  I say bring back paper Grocery Bags also.  Found on The Yummy Life.






















 Free Templates for Felt Christmas Ornies.   Found on Atelier Gigi Artiera.   Now that was an tongue twister!   I like free.  Free is good!  They're cute!






















 The Best Gingerbread Glue.  I used to love making Gingerbread creations every year.  From Kids Activity Blog.  This stuff is supposed to be pretty good.  Getting your Gingerbread creation to stand up is half the battle!























I love doing Geneology, but it can sometimes be very expensive.  This site provides great FREE resources to help you with your geneology.  I haven't totally explored it yet, but it looks very promising.  Ancestry Research Free.























Now this looks really good and very festive.  Whot Chocolate and Cranberry Rocky Road.  You can't find an easier candy treat than Rocky Road!  This looks so very Christmassy!  Found on Technicolour Kitchen.























 I think this is going to be my next crochet project, except I am going to use up all my leftover bits of yarn.  It might end up looking like a dog's dinner, but it will be colourful at least.  Found on Flickr.






















Make a holiday scene in a large apothacary jar.  I love this idea.  That snow . . .  it's salt!  It's from Home Depot, and it's Martha Stewart.   Wowsa.  There's a video and a downloadable pdf.  It's just brilliant!  And so simple!




































What a fun Holiday Appetiser!  Who doesn't love grilled cheese and tomato soup??  I think it's a lot of people's favourites and what a great idea for a simple appetiser!  From Inspired by Charm.
















I love needlebooks and I adore this one.  There is a complete pictorial tutorial on Nana Company.  I Love her stuff.  It's all gorgeous!























The Cleaning Routine you can stick to.   Really?   I'll have to try it and see how it works.   I need a plan.  I am so disorganized when it comes to this.   I get it done, but it probably takes far more time than it needs to.  From the people at BHG.  You gotta trust them.






















 Twenty Five Ways to use Christmas Lights.  Genius from Making Lemonade.  Love this.  I love putting lights into Christmas.   There are so many lovely little led battery lights nowadays.  I use a lot of them.






















DIY Homemade Vanilla with a printable label.  My son Doug has made his own vanilla. He used bourbon.   I think it has somewhat of a kick.   Kayla, his wife, doesn't like it.  To each their own I guess.   Found on Entirely Eventful Day.






















40+ Cute Christmas Foods.  Some of these are really adorable and very easy to do.  I am all for cute!  Found on Call Me PMC.






















Wooden Spoon Puppets.  I love these.   Wooden Spoons are very cheap to buy.  You can often pick up packs of them in dollar and pound shops.  Easy to dress up using scraps and finds.  Your children and grandchildren could have lots of fun making them and then putting on a show with them.  Found on Reasons to Skip the Housework.
























Sticker Residue is one of my Pet Peeves.  It's always in the most annoying places and they can be a real chore to try to get off sometimes.   This promises to be quick and easy and non damaging to the article you are trying to get it off of!  From Two Twenty One.

And those are my finds for this week!  I hope you found something useful amongst them all!

A thought to carry with you through today  . . .

 photo ceec6518f83582fb9b3b934fc9e85f4d_zpsd18064b4.jpg

❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥
“I heard the bells on Christmas Day 
Their old, familiar carols play, 
And wild and sweet 
The words repeat 
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!” 
~Henry Wordsworth Longfellow
❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥.¸¸.✿¨¯`❥✻❥ 

  

In the kitchen today a delicious Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Sauteed Mushrooms.   Simple and elegant.

 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 Have a wonderful Friday!  Only 20 days until Christmas!


 

8 comments:

  1. Marie no etc as i am not ready for Christmas.

    I have been meaning to tell you that the University of Tasmania starts a genealogy course on Monday. It is free and I don't know if that is world wide but it is a short course. Even Pip has enrolled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snow scene using salt. That's a clever idea and the grilled cheese and tomato soup appetizer looks good too. I love the clever ideas you find. Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found all kinds of delights! I plan on making a few wee gingerbread house:)
    Your soup is perfect for our cccold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fascinating Suzan! I bet your genealogy is really interesting. Do you know where your ancestors came from and how they came to be in Oz? Xxoo

    Thank you Pam! I am glad you found some useful ideas! Xxoo

    I am so glad you found some useful ideas as well
    Monique! I just love sharing! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some answers.

    My mother came to Australia as a preteen in the 1950s. She was born in Yorkshire,

    My father and I were born in Brisbane.

    Dad's family has a long history here. One of the great greats came out as a whip hand. It was his job to whip the convicts, Not a popular thing with present Australians. As for grandmothers one of them was rounded up and brought to Australia to be a wife.

    Dad's family name seems to come from around Kenninghall. That grandfather lived to be Australia's oldest man and died at 104 leaving 104 descendants.

    My paternal grandmother was born in Sydney Harbour I am told but she was adopted and most bitter about it.

    Family names include Lord, Noble, Maxwell, Gardener and at six am I can't remember anymore.

    In the mix are Irish, Scottish etc.

    I am up early as I have driven Bethany to the airport has she has an interview in the far north. It is a two hour flight and then a two hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just knew your geneology would be fascinating Suzan! Did your mum come over on the ten pound passage scheme? I believe at that time you could move to Australia for ten pounds. Todd was all set to do it, but then all of a sudden they stopped it, so he was unable to go. HOpe you have had a nice Saturday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I did enjoy your finds this week.I especially loved the genealogy site; thanks for that one.
    The toasted cheese and tomato soup is one just for me. These are favorite comfort foods.
    I can use the cleaning tips; because I think i am way slow at cleaning my house. This week I was cleaning my upstairs and all of a sudden i start cleaning out my bathroom drawers; it's called being sidetracked. This gets me into trouble a lot.
    I also loved the spoon puppets.
    Blessings and hugs for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My problem is getting side tracked as well LeAnn! I am hopeless! Love you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!