Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 Outside my window ...
The ground is heavily covered with frost.  It was a really cold night, the third in a row.  Brrr... I reckon it's going to be pretty hard for Ariana to go out to work this morning.   It is certainly a lot colder than what she has been used to in Southern Spain!

I am thinking ...
This is my last Simple Woman's post for 2014.   Somehow this whole year has whipped by us and here we are staring into the abyss which is the end of the year.  I wonder what 2015 will bring to each of us???  Good things I hope!

I am thankful ...
For the many blessings I have experienced thus far in 2014. There are still two days to go counting today.   Praying they are uneventful!

In the kitchen ...

  photo SAM_8668_zps435d9631.jpg

Oven Baked Penne.  An oven baked pasta dish.  I cut the recipe in half and it amply fed the three of us and there was still a bit leftover.   It is a simple recipe.  You just stir everything together and bang it into the oven.  You don't even need to cook the pasta ahead of time.  It is really delicious too!  Even Todd ate all of his without complaining!

On my "To Cook" list ...

 photo dbc624862083176df61d1434f1f36616_zps6a5f6fc4.jpg

White Bean Chicken Chili from She Wears Many Hats.  This looks absolutely delicious!   This is definitely chili weather!

I am creating ...

 photo f734a28a1a26de3c5c78173e78daf5fa_zpscc5bae78.jpg

I really love these decoupaged wooden hangers I found on Craft and Creativity.  They look really easy to make.

 photo 01462fd9d82d3a645a5f09312893430d_zps0f9c45d4.jpg

I think this rose garland is really sweet.   I just love it.   Easy to do too.  Why didn't I think of this?
From Lauren Conrad.  Five things to try this month.

 photo FleeceFlowerPetalPillows_zpsa5c69a94.jpg

These Fleece Flower Petal Pillows are really cute.   They would be great in the bedroom.   From Come Together Kids.   A complete pictorial tutorial.

 photo e624a7297f0b7434ee13e4a0ffbd7415_zpsc5c9e0ea.jpg

This is a really cool idea.  You print out your favourite font and then place a sheet of wax paper over top.  Trace using puff paint.  Let it dry and peel the letters off ready to use in whatever way you want to use them.   Brilliant!  From Virginia and Charlie.

 photo note_final_lg_zps74ebe8e6.jpg

I think this is the most beautiful thank you letter ever.   A complete tutorial on how to cut and make your own.   From  Craft Stylish. A complete tutorial plus instructions on making an envelope to go with it.

I am going ...
I have no plans to go anywhere this week, or to do anything other than meet my friend Tatiana from Greece.   She is coming on New Years Day and we will finally meet in person after knowing each other for about 7 years or so!  I can't wait!

I am reading ...

 photo The_Fault_in_Our_Stars_zpsb4abd8cb.jpg

The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green

Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16-year-old teenager with thyroid cancer that has spread to her lungs, attends a cancer patients' support group at her mother's behest. During a support meeting, Hazel meets a 17-year-old teenage boy named Augustus Waters, whose osteosarcoma caused him to lose his leg. Augustus is at the meeting to support his mutual friend, Isaac, who is losing his remaining eye to cancer. The two bond immediately after the meeting and Augustus invites Hazel to his house where the two strengthen their bond over a movie and their experiences with cancer. Before departing, the two agree to read each other's favorite novels. Augustus gives Hazel The Price of Dawn, and Hazel recommends An Imperial Affliction, a novel, written by Peter Van Houten, about a cancer-stricken girl named Anna that parallels Hazel's own experience. After Augustus finishes reading her book, he is frustrated upon learning that the novel ends abruptly without a conclusion. Hazel explains the novel's mysterious author had retreated following the novel's publication and has not been heard from since.

This is a book peopled with a group of characters that you really care about. At its core are the star-crossed lovers, Hazel (with terminal cancer) and Augustus (a cancer survivor). They meet at a cancer support group and become close, despite Hazel's desire to avoid becoming a "grenade" in anybody's life - by which she means someone who will unwittingly cause significant hurt through their passing. They are fantastically loveable characters, who flit between deep conversations about the meaning of life and finding refuge in video games and reality TV shows. I loved them both. Still do

I gave up on the last book I was reading because it started to become vulgar.  I think books should come with a warning that you are going to encounter bad language or explicit sexual material.   I would never have started reading it if I had known.  But then again, maybe that is why they don't tell you.  They should have ratings like movies in my opinion.

I am hoping ...
I am still hoping to get some Christmas pictures of the grandchildren.

Makes me smile ...

 photo 6ba0f53300d136fb9f75ff5409ebf194_zpsbcaee0de.jpg

Giraffe's in Sun Glasses.   Who thinks of these things?

I am learning ...
As much as you think you might know about anything?  There is always, always something more to learn.

Around the house ...

 photo 7f239fa2796971d775331f6967b786ee_zpscba305f9.jpg

Thirty Six Genius Kitchen Tips.   From Listotic.

 photo ef0247ce8eae53606663c1493520d583_zps67e5a53a.jpg

This really works.   From Debbie Doos.

 photo 16dcd163ded29e2ac424ab1a11e3c8d1_zpscaf18a88.jpg

 From Apartment Therapy, how to clean your rugs with snow.

 photo 8d418c79a24d8c9353c0c09a9117f3f0_zps738d9095.jpg

How to melt Sidewalk Ice from Budget Savvy Diva.

I am pondering  ...
What were my best moments of 2014.   Stay tuned.

A favourite Quote for Today ...
 photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  ¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~      

ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
(¸.❀⁀⋱‿✿“ 


Whosoever wishes to know about the world 
must learn about it in its particular details. 
Knowledge is not intelligence. 
In searching for the truth be ready for the unexpected. 
Change alone is unchanging. 
The same road goes both up and down. 
The beginning of a circle is also its end. 
Not I, but the world says it: all is one. 
And yet everything comes in season. 
~ Heraklietos of Ephesos 

One of my favourite things  ...

 photo 031b209f6fcd0be3045178c1d8a5b608_zps5560c4cb.jpg
(Oh How Civilized)

   Tea Parties!  Even if the only guests are me, myself and I!

A peek into my day  ...
 photo dd1f9afb99fe90f9a871cae4d3335d77_zpsae99dad3.jpg 

Scripture study. I do it every day.  It helps.  And I always pick up on something new that I haven't noticed before.

 And that's my day book for this week!
  
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
   ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
   ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
   ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Wherever you go and whatever you do I hope there's a wonderful day planned for you! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░L░O░V░E⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


7 comments:

  1. Marie I am sorry to be so personal but are they your notes? Did you get the Bible you wanted for Christmas. I should dig mine out and start reading from Genesis again.

    Today was over 100 and since it was the first dry day I washed. It was exhausting hanging that in the hot sun. When I left the house it felt like I was walking into a sauna. Even now at 9 pm outside is too hot for my liking.

    Beth gave me a new afternoon tea cake stand for Christmas. Most of mine have two layers but this one has three.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that notepaper..:)
    It is freezing here but no snow..unseen for me this time of year..
    Your get together should be fun!
    Thanks for all the links:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to check out the pasta recipe today and have to say I love the way you use your art in your scripture study. I've been lacking in that lately. Not that I don't read my Bible daily, but actually delving in with study has been put aside with all the busyness of Christmas. After New year's I'll be getting back to it for sure. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get the Bible I wanted for Christmas Suzan! My old bible has been falling apart for quite a while now and is scribbled all over. I love it to pieces but it was time for a new one and this one has dedicated spaces for scribbling in!! xxoo

    I thought you might like that notepaper Monique. I was thinking of you when I posted it. It is so you! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I love feasting on the word of God. I always pick up something new. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Late today Marie..in fact almost bed time !! Your Tues blog waas not on by time i was going of this morninng !...anwya great and wodnerful ideas as always. I say it every week I dont know how you find teh time to find such marvelous ideas. I have passed on the one about the fints and that puff glue or whatever it's called. do you know if you can buy it over here ?please let me know..not much good me looking for it as I can never find anything !!! If we can I can get it for her to try out. I know she would love it....
    Well I am away to have an early night. Not that I have been doing anything much but I am so tired these days...
    (we now have a date for funeral 19th January...what a long time we have to wait. There must be an awful lot of deaths in and around Bath at this time of the year....
    It is nic eto know I can rely on you to keep me in your prayers
    Night night God Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Marie, Wishing you many blessings large and small in 2015. So grateful for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear Sybil. I cannot imagine what it must be like to wait so long for a funeral. That is outrageous and doesn't make things any easier to cope with. (((((hugs))))) You have been much in my heart and prayers. I love you. You could probably find the puff paint at Hobby Craft or on Amazon. I hope you slept well. xxoo

    Thanks Carol! As I am for yours! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!