Monday 13 January 2014

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 photo 522398_503788516400896_633960225_n_zps1d4b96cf.jpg

The Angels I have had in my life and the opportunities I have had to be an angel in someone else's.  A serving life is an abundant life.

 photo 18ebd2a0ce00d1e772e77b4052ec5d3c_zpsd3f369f5.jpg  

 "The Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay.
Love isn't Love til you give it away."
~unknown

A loving heart.  My life has been made immeasurably better by being loving and by reaching out to others with that love.  I am also truly grateful for all the loving hearts that have reached out to me through the years!  Money doesn't make the world go around, love does!

 photo b47f3e72eaf25072952147c6cfb3e3d3_zps726d4eb8.jpg

I was gifted with a tiny crystal cloche (this is not it) prior to Christmas by a lovely friend.  A small nativity sat in it all through the Christmas season.   I worked at making a fairy scene in it at the weekend and everytime I look at it my heart sings.   First it sings because of the love of my friend, which I am ever grateful for and secondly it sings because I love fairies and this little vignette makes my heart smile.   I will have to take a photo of it to show you!

  photo 1520600_409375885870423_1847091204_n_zps095ae63c.jpg

Warm fires on cold winter days.  We are so blessed to have a warm and comfortable roof over our heads.   So many people don't.  This is something we tend to take for granted, because we have always had it.   This year I am striving to recognize and celebrate my blessings more.

 photo fbd1f6496f6093d92c4d2ec2dc7a5376_zps8a567ae8.jpg

Daily scripture reading.   I cannot begin to tell you how much this blesses my life.  It's such a simple thing and it doesn't take a lot of time.  I ususally do it when I first get up in the morning.  It helps to set the tone for my day and gives me something to ponder and roll around in my mind for the rest of the day.  It's a gift I give myself each morning of my life.


 photo ed77acae2e26dc78cea0a75c6168b100_zps839e2f9d.jpg

Music.  My life is filled with it.  Always has been.   I love music and I cannot imagine a world without music.  Have you ever watched a young child enjoying music?   Their bodies move naturally with the rhythm.  They bob up and down and rock back and forth . . .  nobody needs to show them what to do.  They just do it and they do it with a complete lack of fear of being seen.   Grateful for the songs in my life and my ability to abandon myself into the music.  

I have a pretty quiet week facing me this week.   I have to get in some Visit Teaching at some point, but that's pretty much all that I have on my plate.  Quiet weeks are nice.  That doesn't mean they don't whizz by at the speed of light, but . . . they do give one a bit more time to enjoy them . . . or is that just a mirage?   I don't know!

A thought to carry with you through the day today . . .

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
  `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

The greatest kindness is often shown
in letting things go.
None of us is perfect,
but we can all be perfect friends
and perfect partners
by allowing those that we love
to be imperfect.
~Neale Donald Walsc 
¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸. ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻ 

 photo SAM_2681_zps5a6a4a32.jpg 

Baking in The English Kitchen today, my favourite Chocolate Chip Muffins.   So delish!

Have a great Monday and a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!