Thursday 23 January 2014

A lot about naught . . .


 photo after_the_rain.jpg

We were doing a bit of re-decorating yesterday.  We can't really afford paint, new furniture and such, but it is amazing at the change a couple of cheap new bedspreads can make in the bedroom.   The old ones we had were so thin and I was so cold in there.  I thought perhaps some new thicker ones would make a difference and I am happy to say last night I was nice and toasty warm in bed for a change.  Result!

I also wanted to move all the fairies from the top of the bookcase beneath our bedroom window and change it out  to something a bit busier.   So we moved all of the fairies into the spare bedroom and I put a vase with some pretty silk flowers in it on top of the bookcase instead, which looks really lovely, and much less cluttered.  I love my fairies but too many is just . . . too many!

When we were in the spare room with the fairies, I felt something snap in my right forearm, just like a bone was snapping.  This often happens in the area on the top of my right foot and I could almost fall over when that happens.  It's so painful and I feel just like the bones in my foot are breaking.   This is how it felt in my arm yesterday.  Since then I have not been able to pick up anything or move my arm away from my waist area without it being really painful, which means that whilst I can type, I am having difficulty doing much of anything else.

 photo Singing_3.jpg

Todd cooked our supper last night.  We had a tin of baked beans with some pasty bakes and potato nuggets.   Remind me never to buy those pasty bakes again.   They were only a pound last week at Morrisons, frozen food . . . and they were supposed to be steak and onion, but they were mostly gravy, pastry and onion.  I think I found one piece of meat in mine . . . well, it was chewy like meat at any rate!  You get what you pay for and for a pound I guess that is what you get!   It was a man meal.  I am grateful however for a husband who is willing to jump in and help out when I need the help!  He also did the dishes!

It woke me up a few times last night.   I kept noticing my hands were numb.  I am not sure if the two things are related.  I am going to try to get in to see the Doctor today.  I know it's not broken, but it is possibly some type of tendonitis related to my arthritis and I may need some splints or a brace to help with it.   I tell you . . . arthritis is no fun.   And to think . . . disability keeps turning me down.   Who on earth would ever hire me the way I am.   Makes me a bit sad and a lot frustrated.  But I know God has a plan . . . and so I leave it all to Him.



Are any of you familiar with the "Outlander"  series of books by Diane Gabaldon?  They are some of my favourite books.   The premise of them is a woman, Claire Randall, a 20th century nurse who has accidentally been transported back in time (whilst on holiday in Scotland)  to the 1700's.  I just adore these books.   Romantic fantasies involving strong men in kilts have always thrilled me.   I am not sure why.  I was so excited to learn yesterday that a movie is being made and will be out later this year! 



Filmed on the Isle of Skye I believe.  I can't wait to see it!  Sigh . . . such exciting news.  I really hope they do the books justice and that it's not a big disappointment, fingers crossed!



I do confess I have always picture Jamie from the book as looking more like Eric Stolz in Rob Roy . . . with flaming red hair . . . very Scottish to me . . .  

But  I am sure that the guy they have picked to play him in the movie will be just as good.  Perhaps Eric Stolz is too old to play that character now.  We'll just have to wait and see how it all pans out!

Oh, I do so love men in kilts . . . and time travel.  Oh, and a bit of romance too!

  

Sigh . . .

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
.`•.¸¸.•´
Look at everything
as though you were seeing it
either for the first or last time.
~Betty Smith  


¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.¸.✿´´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.  


 

Layered Ravioli Bake is being served in The English Kitchen today . . .  

Have a wonderful Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!