Friday 31 January 2014

Friday Finds



 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!

 photo f0e6c2867f2b61852f5d3e7995c076f4_zps7ca2682d.jpg

Rainbow Pasta.   Simply cook the pasta and rinse with cold water.  Then you divide the pasta between several different zip lock baggies, each of which you have added 20 drops of food colouring (different colours) and 2 TBS of water too.   Allow to stand for several minutes, then drain and rinse again.  Toss together and presto you have rainbow pasta.  (I would reheat it in the top of a double boilet for a few minutes.)

From Glad.com.  I wonder if this would turn Todd into a pasta lover?  Somehow I think not.

 photo 46762c84d26663971523f786cc8fccc2_zpsfc4ec49c.jpg

Create Instagram photostrips.   I have never been able to figure out Instagram myself.  I with I could though.   I like the pics it creates.   Anyways, I found a super tutorial on how to create lovely photo strips on  The College Prepster.   Now if someone would only do a tutorial on how to use Instagram!   While they are at it I would love a tutorial on how to use my camera.   Apparently you can send pics on it directly online, but I have never been able to figure out how to do that either!!!

Clearly we need to adopt a teenager.

 photo 67cc5b076ea0f1b684db123b498d8bc4_zpsa16cd6cb.jpg

30 Days of Gratitude Journal Jars.  Scribble your thankful thoughts on scraps of paper and then put them into a mason jar.  Then when you are feeling down, take them out and think about all you have to be grateful for.  Instant lifter upper.   From Write Shop.com

 photo dbf76dd973e199f6217d53611a7fee12_zps10a570c0.jpg

A really nice way to keep your doggie cool and from being bored in the summer garden.   Freeze toys and stuff in a mix of chicken stock and water.   Idea from fetchdog.com.  I am unable to link from here in the UK, but it does look like a super idea!   Mitzie has not been well these past few days.   I got her a pig's ear a couple of days ago and gave it to her.  I thought it would be a nice treat, but she's had an upset tummy since.  No more pig's ears for her!

 photo e478d1e2c9ce83076f880c54d87ba2bb_zpsd2595acc.jpg

No source, just love.   I have always wanted a tree house, ever since I saw the Swiss Family Robinson film. back when I was a girl.  Wasn't THEIR tree house fun!   As a child I never once questioned how on earth they got all the stuff that they had in it.  I know that they were ship wrecked and were able to probably get a lot of things that way, but wouldn't a lot of it have been destroyed?  hmmmm . . . intellect says yes . . . heart wants to say no.

In any case I love tree houses.  If you are lucky enough to live in one, you are . . . well . . .  lucky!



 photo 6a0147e2980363970b0163019bfae9970d-800wi_zpsffdc80d4.jpg

The most absolutest sweetest adorable pillow I have ever seen in my life.  It's a postcard!  With scraps of fabric and embroidery.  I think it is just fabulous.  Would this not make a brilliant gift for some one??  I know!  Who wouldn't love to get one of these.  I found this on the Nana Company Blog.

 photo b4fddee71bbb42150e397c1e0eae70c1_zps031646df.jpg

No source, but . . . journal embroidery!!  It's just adorable.  I love this idea.
How very interesting this would be in a journal.   What a keepsake!

 photo 5948c8690539bc1092eb318ca11e161d_zps2559c782.jpg

An embroidered love note . . . on embroidered notepaper.   ADORABLE.
From the Etsy Shop  Dash of Magic.   People are so incredibly creative don't you think?
I know, I am amazed all the time at what they come up with!

 photo df7d69b2cac82094c4154945eb7219b3_zps49e79c93.jpg

The 52 week money challenge from Life As You Live It.   A do-able plan for saving money, simply by saving your pocket change.  Sounds great in theory!  Can you believe that the daughter of the people I used to work for used to throw her pocket change in the bin?  I know!  I used to rescue it and put it on her dresser.  I hope that I am never so rich that I can throw money away.

 photo cf986d644b0fba01bdd6824999e20300_zps3b9e667e.jpg 

Eternal Spring Onions.  From Baked by Rachel.   I am so going to try this.  Apparently when you buy a bunch of spring onions, you cut off and use the bits you want and then you put the remainder into a jar with some water at the base, and they grow to give you more!  I would change out the water every couple of days.  I am going to try this to see if it works.  Fresh spring onions on tap.  Excellent idea!

And there you have it 10 new ideas and finds for this week.   I hope you found something useful here too! 

A thought to carry with you through today . . . 

(¯`♥´¯)*
 `*.¸.* ´*´¯`•.¸¸.
*´¯`•.¸¸.*´¯`•.¸¸.*´¯`•.¸¸.

“This life is yours. Take the power to choose
what you want to do and do it well. Take the
power to love what you want in life and love
it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest
and be a part of nature. Take the power to control
your own life. No one else can do it for you.
Take the power to make your life happy.” 

~ Susan Polis Schutz

*´¯`•.¸¸.*´¯`•.¸¸.*´¯`•.¸¸.*´¯`•.¸¸.(¯`♥´¯)*
                                                    `*.¸.* ´*


 photo SAM_2902_zpsf325938a.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . A Roast Stuffed Chicken Crown.   Easy and delicious, plus a recipe for Bread Sauce to serve with it.

Have a wonderful Friday.  Hasn't the week whizzed by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!