Thursday 22 March 2012

Yesterday, today and always . . .



As I look back down through the seasons of my life . . . I can see where I have spent a lot of years thinking about what it would be like when . . .

When I was a girl, it was what will life be like when I get married? Then it was, what will life be like when I have children . . .

What will life be like when my fledglings fly the nest? What will it be like when I become a grandmother . . .



Now . . . I know the answers to all of those questions. My "what will it be like" answers have all been revealed, and in the past few years I have stopped wondering and pondering future events. I have come to realize and accept that there is a great truth about life . . .

As each season of our lives arrives . . . it will be what it will be. There is an appointed time for everything to occur. God is with me in the future, just as He has been throughout my journey . . .by my side, guiding my steps . . . for every event, be it bad or be it good, and everything in between.



We have today. Beautiful, wonderful today . . . tinged with the joy of yesterday's memories and the promise of future anticipations . . . today is our reality. Today is our day, our time . . . to do . . . to be . . . to accomplish . . . to fulfill . . . to realize our purpose and reason for living.

Let's now waste our todays in regret about the things of the past that we cannot change or worrying about the things of the future which are out of our control. Let's just make today the very best today that it can be.

Just my thoughts this morning

"For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off."
~Proverbs 23:18




Look at what I did yesterday afternoon. Todd was quite surprised, but he said that he liked it. It is completely different than what I usually do. I think I like it. I'm not ready to leave colour behind, but once in a while it can be quite dramatic to work in just black and white. What do you think??? As usual this is available as a card or as a print.



Cooking in The English Kitchen today, a delicious Chicken Divan Casserole.

“God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe.”
~Jeffrey R. Holland


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!