FOR TODAY, August 25th, 2026
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW . . .
Mostly cloudy. Sunny around 11 a.m. Rainy later in the day. A real mixed bag. It's quite warm and humid.
I AM THINKING ...
Cindy and Dan are off to take David and Christine back to the airport this morning. They are on their way home. They spent most of yesterday morning sorting out arrangements for dad when the time comes, etc.I know this is something we need to be prepared for and it will make things a lot easier when the time comes, but it's not something I really like to think about. I guess nobody does.
I AM ALSO THINKING ...
It was so nice to get to spend time with David and Christine. I hope they have a pleasant journey home, and that they enjoyed their visit with us as much as I did.
(source)
The love of family. I know that not all of my family are on board, but I am very grateful for the ones that are. They bless my life in immeasurable ways. I hope that they know how very much I appreciate them.
My faith in a higher power. It has kept me going, moving forward, supported me emotionally and mentally, etc. over these past years. Well, my whole life really. It has been like the North Star ever present in a dark sky. Even when I cannot see it, I know it is there . . . leading, guiding . . .
IN THE KITCHEN ...
Old Fashioned Baked Beans, classic. The ones our mother always baked from scratch. Delicious. Simple. Comforting.
ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...
Oven Baked Crispy Bisquick Chicken. This just looks sooooo good! And I don't even like drumsticks.
THIS I BELIEVE ...
He never sleeps.
(source)
SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...
Sugar crusted donuts. So yummy.
SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...
The kindness of others.
SOMETHING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...
Autumn colors. The leaves are already starting to show a change . . .
I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...
(source)
(source)
Crochet hot pad . . . love these colors, very autumnal.
(source)
Flannel backed blankets . . . no source, but I love this.
(source)
Pumpkin Table Runner . . .
(Source)
Again, no source, other than a photograph, spooky Halloween garland. I like it.
SOMETHING I ENJOY ...
Scented Candles . . .
(source)
SOMETHING ELSE THAT I ENJOY ...
British Biscuits . . . so yummy.
I AM READING ...
AUNT DIMITY AND THE DUKE, by Nancy Atherton
A Dimity-contrived coincidence brings her to Penford Hall, a sprawling Gothic mansion in Cornwall, where she finds a duke in search of a missing lantern with extraordinary powers. Suspecting there's more than one mystery to be solved at Penford Hall, Emma accepts the duke's invitation to stay on and restore the once glorious chapel garden to its former beauty.
The dark rumors surrounding a rock star and the near-death of the duke's beautiful cousin confirm Emma's suspicions, and set her--with Aunt Dimity's ghostly guidance--on the path to Penford Hall's secrets and the pleasure of unexpected love.
I have only just started this, but am enjoying it as much as I did the first novel in the series.
THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...
(source)
Vintage cookie cutters . . .
Pretty book covers . . .
Pretty doorknobs . . .
(source)
Pearls . . .
(source)
Sunflowers . . .
MAKES ME SMILE ...
(source)
Kittens . . .
SOMETHING TO WATCH ...
It's one of my favorite movies . . .
A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...
☾ ° ★° * 。
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Breathe in breathe out
Let go and just be
And that is my daybook for this week! Thanks always for being here!
⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Have a beautiful day! Don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════
And I do too!












.jpg)










Lve British biscuits, nothing really compares over here. Safe travels for David and Christine, wonderful memories made for all., Was reading a day or so ago that an author fro Nova Scotia gave $300,000 to keep your library and 4 others open for longer. Keep enjoying the Aunt Dimity series. The 'ber' months start next week, we can certainly notice a change in the weather since the heavy rain we had for a couple of days I went to have custom domes fitted on my hearing aids this morning. The other ones were causing a lot of pain so audiologist did molds so company could make custom ones. I must adjust to the new fit now. It is a lovely sunny day here, off to make a tuna casserole. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely post, thank you. So good to hear about family support, aren’t we all just so grateful for family and friends…they are blesssings for sure. It’s a crazy world, I hope you have a nice day and enjoy something yummy. TTFN, Virginia
ReplyDelete