Tuesday, 4 August 2026

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, August 4th, 2026



OUTSIDE MY FRONT WINDOW ...

All is well. Not a lot going on. It is garbage day today so my garbage is by the road. We have had a fair bit of rain off and on these past few days. A sunny, hot and windy day is expected for today.


 

I AM THINKING ...

All of a sudden yesterday my phone decided that I am unable to hook up to the internet. Not via data, not via my home wifi, etc. That means I am unable to upload photos so I really need to  go to the phone store and see what is up with that. I have tried forgetting the home network and reinstalling it. Restarting my phone numerous times. Rebooting my wife, which really was a wasted effort as I can get online with everything else in my home. It's my phone. I will need to go to the mall and the phone store, which is a bit of a worry for me due to the mobility issues I am having this week. 


 

I AM ALSO THINKING ...

The birthday get together this afternoon at the end of the street is apparently for me as well. I will have to go.  I am going to have to drive my car down and park it there as there is no way I will be able to walk down. This is embarrassing for me, but it is what it is. There is not much I can do about that.



I AM GRATEFUL FOR ...

My home which is safe, comfortable, and peaceful. I am truly blessed. I do not take it for granted.



I AM ALSO GRATEFUL FOR ...

My faith. It sustains me and keeps me going. It helps me to live a better life than I would ever be able to live otherwise. I know all good things come from Him. I know I am blessed.  I know I am carried.


Cheesy Cauliflower Bake

IN THE KITCHEN ...

This quick and easy Cheesy Cauliflower Bake. This was very simple to make and delicious. Eileen had it for breakfast two days in a row. She said it was like a cauliflower quiche without the crust.  It made me happy that she enjoyed it so much!


 


ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

Buckingham Palace Shortbread.  Shortbread?  Count me in! All in!



THIS I BELIEVE ...

We all have talents. We need to use them to help to make this world a better place. 



 

SOMETHING THAT IS NICE ...

Bees and wildflowers.  They need each other and we need them.


 

SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...

Butter. I love butter. We always had real butter growing up. Never margarine.  We were really lucky. I hear some of the other kids that we grew up with talking about the things they had when they  were growing up and many of them talk about their moms running out of money before payday and them having to eat oatmeal, etc. We may not have had fancy clothes, or the latest toys in our home, or even an abundance of either. Our food may have been simple. But we never ran out and we always had three decent meals a day and we had butter. Real butter.  Real milk as well. Never powdered like many others did. The Armed Forces did not get a great rate of pay in those days. My mother was the one who eked out our father's meagre pay and made sure we had everything we needed.  Our father handed it all over to her and let her manage it. He got an allowance. In many other families, the mother got the allowance and it was often never enough.



SOMETHING I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Seeing my brother and sister-in-law in just a few weeks time. We have not seen Christine in a few years now as she was busy caring for her father. He passed away a few months ago now, so Christine is free to travel more. I am looking forward to being able to see and spend time with them both. It will be nice.


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...


 

Sleepy cats  . . . 


 

Washable Swiffer covers  . . . 

 

Pretty dish cloths  . . . 


 

Kitchen hand towels  . . .  so nice.


 

Mug Cozies  . . . so pretty.


SOMETHING I ENJOY ...

 

Fresh Figs  . . .  although I have not had one in a very long time  . . . 


SOMETHING ELSE THAT I ENJOY ...


 

Sunflowers and the way that they always look to the sun. Towards the light. We need to do the same.


I AM READING ...


AUNT DIMITY'S DEATH,  by Nancy Atherton


Lori Shepherd thought Aunt Dimity was just a character in a bedtime story... ...Until the Dickensian law firm of Willis & Willis summons her to a reading of the woman's will. Down-on-her-luck Lori learns she's about to inherit a sizable estate -- if she can discover the secret hidden in a treasure trove of letters in Dimity's English country cottage. What begins as a fairy tale becomes a mystery - and a ghost story - in an improbably cozy setting, as Aunt Dimity's indomitable spirit leads Lori on an otherworldly quest to discover how, in this life, true love can conquer all. 

Lori Shepherd has nothing. She temps for a job, lives with two roommates, and has had her childhood stuffed toy, her only companion, destroyed. So her life is in shambles when she receives a letter from Willis & Willis, Attorneys. When she arrives at their home, she discovers that her childhood stories of Aunt Dimity weren’t fairy tales made up by her mother; Dimity was an actual person, her mother’s best friend. And now both her mother and Dimity have gone, and Dimity wants her to come to England and write the introduction to a children’s book made up of those stories. 

 But Lori has another surprise - both her mother and Dimity have written her posthumous letters detailing why they never told her about their connection, and her mother has left a photograph - the only clue to Dimity’s past life when her mother met her. She wants Lori to find out about the photo, because it will explain what Dimity would never talk about - her past. So, with the accompaniment of Bill, (Willis, Jr.) Lori sets out for London to find the truth and learn more about this fairy tale which wasn’t one at all . . . 

I am thoroughly enjoying this book. It has been a long time since I have looked forward to picking up a book and reading it in the way I am enjoying this one. I plan to read the whole series if I can. This is book 1.


THINGS THAT CATCH MY FANCY ...


 

Pressed flowers  . . . 

 

Barn Murals  . . . 

 

Summer's bounty preserved  . . . 


 

This. It doesn't say, but it looks like Scotland to me.


 

His master's voice  . . . 


MAKES ME SMILE ...


 

How could it not  . . . 

SOMETHING TO WATCH ...




On Netflix.  Riveting  . . . 

A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...

☾ ° ° * 。  
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The secret to life is
finding joy in ordinary things.
~Ruth Reichl


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

1 comment:

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!