Monday 25 March 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




I have had a few very quiet days. I have tried as much as possible to stay off my knee.  I did not go shopping. I did not go to church.  I have just stayed here at home. It is still hurting, but I did notice that it didn't hurt as much in bed last night.  Slow and easy goes the race.  On Thursday I am going to try to get an appointment to see a Doctor. (We have to call the clinic on Thursdays to try to get an appointment for next week. Once they are gone, they are gone.)

Today I have to try again to book an appointment for my blood tests. This needs to be done online.  And they only book 3 weeks in advance. I have been trying for weeks now, hopefully I will be able to get one. Fingers crossed!

It could always, always be worse.  I could have no access to medical care at all!  At least I have options.

The fact, also, that it is only one knee and not both of them is a tender mercy. Were it both I would be completely immobile!  There is always a silver lining!




I am not sure why, but all of a sudden I am being shown the most adorable videos of baby bunnies and chipmunks on Instagram.  They are so cute and adorable.  Sleeping.  Their little noses twitching as they breathe. It is so calming to watch them.   I love it.  Whatever that algorithm is, I am glad it found me.

 
 


Cindy came over and helped me to go through and organize the tall cupboard in my bath/laundry room yesterday afternoon.  On Saturday night Nutmeg had been inordinately interested in it and I was afraid that there was a mouse in there. He was quite mesmerized by it. We found no evidence that any kind of rodent had been in there, thank goodness, and it is all well organized now. I can see where everything is and exactly what I have.  It was quite topsy turvy when we started. 

I am so grateful for a sister who is willing to help me in all the ways that Cindy does. I fear that I am a burden sometimes, but if I am, she never makes me feel that I am. I am grateful for that.  I think I have the best sister/best friend in the world.  


 


I love to listen to the music of the Tabernacle Choir.  I often have it playing when I am here on my own, or I have Hillsong Worship music playing.  It is so restful and calming. I helps my soul to feel at peace. Good and gentle music is a healing balm in many ways.




This little guy. Ever alert and mindful.  He is great company.




So is she  . . .  two best companions.  I am so happy that I decided to get them when I did.  I know that they shed a lot and I am forever always hoovering up cat hair.  And they do like to scratch the furniture sometimes until I chase them away, but they are great company and very loving. I would not be without them. Not ever. Best decision was taking them into my home.





This rings with truth  . . . 






So does this.  I also love that saying  . . .  "Bloom where you are planted."




Love this also  . . . 





This is how I try to live my life.  Finding beauty, grace, peace, love, contentment, joy, purpose  . . .  in all that I find around me.  I really am content with my life.  Oh, sure . . .  would that I would be thinner, or that I did not have these aching bones, but I am working with what I have and finding peace therein. It is the key to a happy life.


I really don't have much else to day this morning.  I haven't been doing a lot more than just being and resting in the simplicity of my life. I am content.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Happiness grows at our own firesides,
and is not to be picked in stranger's gardens.
~Douglas Jerrold  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Sweet & Sour Glazed Smoked Pork Chops.  Simple and delicious.

I hope your life is filled with small and tender mercies, little wonders, things and people which bring you contentment and joy, and yes, peace.  Whatever, do not forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


6 comments:

  1. Well, Marie, they say misery loves company, so you have some company!! Both of my knees and 1 hip have been painful of late, so lots of sitting going on here too. My daughter comes by for a bit but if she goes home in time, I am going to try to run by the clinic and get another laser treatment done. They have done wonders for me. I think it is maybe arthritis...but 1 knee is trying to give way on me...and that is most scary. Caregivers do not have time for such!!
    Glad you are better (I am a bit too today). Rest is best isn't it? Hope you can be seen soon so you will at least know what is going on!! Have sang the song often in my many years!! It is a thrilling song to sing with others.
    HUGS, Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear I am so sorry you are also suffering Elizabeth!! Its no fun for sure! I will keep you in my prayers! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Good you are able to rest your knee, hoping you are able to schedule a doctor appointment and your blood work appointment. Lovely of Cindy to help you organize your cupboard. We all need a Cindy in our lives. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still hopeful that I can get an appointment to see the Doctor! My sister is a real treasure. I count her as one of my greatest blessings in life! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!