Thursday 5 October 2023

My Favorite Things . . .

 

Sharing today a few things that I really love to do, eat, experience, enjoy  . . .  maybe you will enjoy them too.


 



Spending time with family.  I really enjoyed spending time with my brother while he was down and I always enjoy spending time with my sister, my father, my daughter, sons, grandchildren, etc.  Family is everything and I am so grateful for mine.



 

Thanksgiving Dinner. It is something I look forward to every year and we get to enjoy it this weekend!  I love every bit of it. The turkey, the stuffing, cranberries, potatoes, etc.  I am really looking forward to it!






My bowl of yarn balls. I love it. It adds a nice spark of color to my coffee table. So far the cats are not bothered by it. That suits me fine!


 

Seeing all of the pumpkins, squashes and gourds at the local farm markets.  There doesn't seem to be as many this year as last. Perhaps it was a bad year for growing them, but I do so love to see all the colors. They are so bright and cheerful!


 


Pancakes  . . . I just love pancakes. They were not something we had really often when I was growing up. Maybe once a year on Pancake day.  I used to make them for my own children quite a bit. Now I am old and on my own, they have become something very rare again.


 




This. I love the book of Proverbs in the Bible and the Psalms as well.  I think they are both beautifully written and they read like poetry. And I adore poetry.


 


Embroidered linens.  I think of the hands that plied the needle. Works of love  . . . 


 

Smiles.  When someone gives you a smile they are sharing a tiny part of their soul with you. I love smiles.  A smile cannot help but brighten your day in some way.


 


Crochet blankets. Are these not beautiful? So pretty.


 

Changing colors and misty mornings  . . . 


 

Glass Door Knobs. If I could ever own my own home I would have glass door knobs. They are so beautiful  . . . 


 

Apples  . . . love the taste and the smell of apples. I prefer them cooked over raw, but that is just me.  I love the smell of them in the farm markets at the moment.  Mom always loved the smell of McIntosh apples.


 

Red barns. If I had a barn I would paint it red.


 


Always  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope you enjoyed them!


I had a lovely supper out with Dad and Hazel last night.  I decided to take a chance and splurge and ordered myself the house steak for my supper.  Its not cheap, and there are a bazillion ways in which it can go wrong. I was pleasantly surprised as it was perfectly cooked and I enjoyed every bite of it.  So yummy.  I also enjoyed being with my father very much. 

Yesterday morning I got to go on  a road trip with Cindy as well, so yesterday was a really great day!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Kindness is our power,
even when fondness is not.
~Samuel Johnson•。★★ 。* 
•。★★ 。* •。★★ 。*  




In The English Kitchen today . . .  Old Fashioned Potato Doughnuts. Quite simply delicious and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!


I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!  Be happy and stay safe!  We are supposed to get some nasty weather this weekend, so  I will be making hay while the sun shines!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   



4 comments:

  1. Such a weird but lovely red sky this morning, we are in for a weather change tomorrow, lots of rain for the next few days. We are already on the way to counting a billion leaves falling in the backyard, I'm sure the rain will bring more down. Time to get out the crochet blankets and shawls and put away the summer dresses. So glad the steak was enjoyable last night, we all need a treat now and then. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All it will take is a good brisk wind now and all the leaves will come tumbling down here also. I love the bring out the shawls season. Its time to get into the canoodle mood even if it is only with my cats!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your brother and you look so much alike..Glad you had fun with him:)
    Yes family is my end all too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny that. The older we three get the more my brother and I look alike and the more my sister looks like mum! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!