Tuesday 25 July 2023

A catch up . . .

 

 

Joy comes to us in the ordinary
moments. We risk missing out when
we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.
~Brene Brown

I thought I better write a post this morning or you would all think I have gone AWOL.  What a busy week I have had. My home and my heart have been full!  Doug and his family arrived Thursday afternoon and what followed was loads of excitement and activity.  I love it when I have any of my grandsons around!  On Thursday night we made pizzas. Doug and Kayla had bought everything to make them using Naan breads for the bases. That way everyone could make their own exactly the way they wanted them to be.  They were actually really tasty.





Every day that they were here they had fun and exciting things planned for the boys. They went to the zoo in Aylesford, and the Duck Pond. Had some fun time at the Playhouse in the mall, visited their Great Grandmother in Berwick, had dinner out with their grandfather and step grandmother, enjoyed a family BBQ out at my sister's and a whole lot more. Most important of all many happy memories were made.  My father really enjoyed seeing them and spending time with them also. I am not sure how much he actually hears of what is being said, but he does enjoy being around them.





They had been supposed to leave on Saturday, but due to all of the flooding and washed out roads in Nova Scotia, they were unable to. I didn't mind in the least.  I got to spend one more day with them and we got to do our BBQ. I had been planning the BBQ for Friday, but my ex and his wife wanted to take them out for supper, so I thought the BBQ might not happen.  I was a bit sad about that, but I am pretty easy going. I just want everyone to be happy.  I  know full well what it is like to keep a balance and make everyone happy when you are visiting from away. 

The floods actually gave us more time to spend together, and all was not lost. We got to have the BBQ on Saturday night instead.

When they left to go home late on Sunday morning my son was a bit nervous as he wasn't sure what the roads would be like, but all the worry was for naught. They arrived back home to the Island safe and sound.

I always cry at goodbyes.  You just  never know when you are going to see your loved ones again. We live in very uncertain times.  What a year this has been for the Maritimes, especially for Nova Scotia.  With that wicked hurricane in the autumn, and then the fires and now these floods, we are really taking a bashing. Where I live in the Valley  we seem to be pretty protected as all of these disasters seem to skirt their way around us, and I am grateful for that. 


 


Yesterday I had to be out and about early to pick up my sister so we could meet up with dad.  We met him at the mall for breakfast, and then afterwards we were going to his place so we could help  him take a bath.  He has a hard time getting in and out of the tub and is afraid to do it on his own.  I have to say, for being a Senior's place, his unit is very bereft of things that are senior friendly. There are no railings in the tub or bathroom, no walk in shower. The shower is in the tub and you have to climb over the tub to get into it. At least in my place there is a walk in shower and there are railings for both the tub and the shower and a seat in the shower as well.  I would say my place is much better laid out.

My friend Jacquie's place is even better laid out. She has more windows and an extra ensuite attached to her master bedroom. Hers is right on the main highway however, and that I don't like. 

Anyways, Dad got his bath and all is well with the world. I am back here writing to you and getting ready for my daughter's visit which starts tomorrow.


 


She is really excited about it and so am I. It is her summer holiday.  She will still have to work at her job of course, but it will be a change of scenery for her and they day a change of scenery is as good as a holiday! I have a few things planned for us that I hope will happen, weather depending and of course I am limited somewhat because of my arthritis, but we will manage.

Now this morning my toenail lady is coming so I need to get cracking. I have a few things that I need to do so that I can be ready for her when she comes, but I didn't want another day to pass without checking in and letting you know all is well in my little corner of the world.

I will leave you now with a thought to carry through the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛If you were to ask what 
is most important in a home, 
I would say memories.
~Lillian Gish•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today . . .  Sweet & Crunchy Corn Chip Salad.  The perfect balance of sweet, smoky, crunchy, crisp.  Its quite simply delicious.

I hope you have a wonderful day!  May it be filled to overflowing with the things that you love most. Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. What a busy time Doug & family had, so glad you got to visit for an extra day, though the circumstances of the flooding is not good. And now you will be having your daughter for a few days. Wonderful times. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than family:) Nothing.So glad you had this happy time..And you girls are wonderful with your dad..A bath IS hard to get in and out of..Have fun with Eileen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy family times for you…wishing you more! Summer! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange to see flooding in the middle of summer, especially with the searing heat here in most of the states. Happy looking family, the little girl with the superman shirt is gorgeous. Always nice to have family together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all boys! haha Yes, they do have long hair. I think they are all cute! I am biased, of course! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Sending you hugs...and so glad you are here and sharing with the rest of us here!!
    Hugs, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!