Monday 3 July 2017

Small and wonderful things . . .

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


Days filled with sunshine. Oh we have plenty of days filled with rain also, and the rain is all a part of why this is such a beautiful green land.  The rain also enables us to enjoy a sunny day even more!!  Us Brits know how to get the most out of sunshine.  The number of sunburns I saw in church yesterday was nobody's business!  Lots and lots.  People had obviously been out and about and enjoying it!  I love sunny days that are not overly warm with humidity attached.  Although I am not a sun worshipper and I don't really like to sit in full sunshine, I do enjoy it a great deal from the shady side of the street.  😊 


My daily conversations with my Heavenly Father.  I have multiple ones every day.  Sometimes they are pretty constant.  A lot of the time they are in my head.  So grateful for the gift of prayer. I don't know where I would be without it. 


Pizza for breakfast.  Well, I could actually eat it any time, but breakfast I especially like it.  Leftover.  From the night before. Cold.  Isn't that why pizza was invented?

  

The Clematis which never stops giving. It gives and it gives and it gives.   Its so beautiful. 

  

Strawberry Season. It also never stops giving.  I love British berries.  I could eat them til they come out my ears! 

  

The lavender and the bees which keep it humming.  It smells so lovely and the bees adore it.  Each year I say I am going to pick a lot of it and dry it, but then I can't bring myself to steal it from the bees.  I did pick a small bunch the other day to enjoy in the house, but that is all.


Windowsil bouquets.  The lavender from the other day along with some roses that fell . . .  carnations from the garden and baby's breath . . .  they sit companionably next to the carriage clock, standing sentinel over the dining room table . . . 

  

Window crystals that fill every day with rainbows.   (Can you see our palm tree in the back?  It came a few years back in a grocery store plant arrangement that someone had given us.  Todd planted it in the garden and look, it's a full blown tree!)


It towers over everything and the trunk must be about 8 inches around now.  This thing grows like a weed! 

  

I need to put some water in it.  So the birds have a place to drink . . . . I love having a nature friendly garden . . . 


The dinner bell. I love ringing it when Todd is out and about in the garden . . .  oh sure, I could just tell him, but why?  When I have something like this to clang so that he knows I want him?  

Its the little things
...

A thought to carry with you . . .

 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. .  Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap
but by the seeds that you plant.
~Robert Louis Stevenson   •。★★ 。* 。 


  

In the English Kitchen today  . . .  Roasted Beetroot Hummus.  Delicious! 

Happy Monday! May your week ahead be filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things!  Along the way don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   


And I do too! 


3 comments:

  1. I was supposed to be connected to the internet today. Telstra has messed up for the second time. NO internet.

    Oh well maybe soon.

    I loved the story of the palm. We have some huge ones around us.

    God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in dire need of sunshine..not our best summer ever:)
    Oh well.My chickens are moisturized:)

    Have a beautiful day!
    I just love pizza..love..and clematis and berries..etc:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your windowsill. It's one thing I'm missing here at the new place. No sills at all to sit things on. It's true what they say that you never appreciate what you have till you no longer have it. Hope you have a wonderful Monday !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!