Saturday 1 July 2017

Hello July . . .


The year is now half gone.  How did that happen?  For a few more weeks we shall enjoy the illusion of  summer, but gradually now, with each day that passes, birdsong will fade into muted twitterings, and the days will gradually shorten, imperceptibly . . .  at first . . . un-noticed, so caught up in the joys of summer we are . . . 


The countryside is filled with flowers of every kind and colour  . . . growing wild and free . . . clover, poppy, honeysuckle, pimpernel and meadow sweet . . .  bachelor buttons, agrimony, daisies, ragged robin and fading buttercups  . . . 

In a quiet garden where birds and flowers abound,
Speak gently and tread softly,
You walk on Holy ground.
For into every garden, God cometh secretly
His presence there disclosing
To all with eyes to see.
...

  

In the deep, deep woods there appears a feeling of heaviness, the deep drowsiness that follows fulfilment.  Where in June the earth appears in the height of her beauty, it slowly starts to fad . . .  but there is still much to anticipate   . . . the pageantry of the mid-summer garden, the harvesting of corn and fruit, but he who knows and is in tune with mother-earth and her moods will sense impending change in the air . . .  

not yet, not yet, we sigh  . . .  tis only just begun
but days pass, one upon another
and with them the
waning sun
...


The blaze of noon has passed . . . our faces turn towards the sunset of the year . . . but we won't think about that, no  . . . no  . . . we wander thigh high through wavy seas of sorrel, moon daisies, faded buttercups and feathery grasses, as wild poppies dance in the soft wind that whispers warmly across our skin,  Hedges are garlanded with honeysuckle and wild roses and lilybuds burst upon the pool. Lovely beyond all telling are the quiet fields in the evening hour . . . 

a picture to hang in the galleries of memory,
to come back to and gaze at when
the glory of the garden
has vanished
...


We have the last of the strawberries to enjoy and black currants to stain our lips and hands . . .  blueberries ripening beneath the sun, plums and pears and apples grow . . .  baby carrots to pull and thin, tomatoes ripening on the vine.  The bees buzz lazily,  bobbing between the bursting bloom of lavender . . . that intoxicating smell, and the hydrangea is bursting out into pink, blue and white blooms.  We need not think of the end just yet, there is still plenty to enjoy, and enjoy it we will.

Every year has its seasons, every season has its mood
Wild and stormy, gay and happy.
Tranquil, quiet and
subdued
...

Well, the physiotherapist seems to feel that my knee is just my arthritis flaring up, having been irritated and exaggerated by my tripping over the box.  I have been given yet another sheet of exercises to do with it, in hopes that it will improve.  And if it doesn't?  What then  . . . 

I feel quite, quite hopeless, and yet I know in my heart of hearts that it could always, always be much, much worse. I will just have to work my way through the pain, and hope that perhaps with time I will get so used to it that I no longer notice it. I wonder how long that will take? Every time I got up to do something last night, I told myself . . .  "Walk normal."  Try to walk like nothing is wrong, but it was very hard to do.  I have a husband who is 17 years older than myself, and who, at 78 almost 79,  can run circles around me.  I am supposed to be the one taking care of him.  It wasn't suppose to be like this.

 

But those thoughts are just me giving in to despair.
I will try hard not let it beat me. I won't give up. 
I won't. I'll do what I have to do
and I'll try harder.
I will
...

I need to remind myself that I am stone being polished.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


 .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. .
"Your yourself, 
as much as anybody in the universe, 
deserve your love and affection."
~Buddah     .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

Spiritual Enlightenment 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Patriotic Butterfly Cakes.  Happy Canada Day and 4th of July.   

Have a great Saturday!  Don't forget . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear Marie, I was praying that the physio would have been more helpful. I can't remember if you have had your knee X rayed recently?. That should surely have shown up as to just how bad your knee was and if a new knee joint might be needed ?....if it is a case where they don't think a new joint is needed at the moment, then the exercises I suppose are the only option but again it should be under the supervision of the physio not left to yourself. I know when we have to do these things on our own we often feel like giving up...just for this time !!....I will start again ...tomorrow !....at least that's what has happened to me at times. Of course I now know they can do no more but at least the Dr has given me strong pain killers...my worry is they have to be increased and what happens then ? More and more till I am asleep all day !!....Ah well. Battle on love that's what we have to do, I can't believe we are into July, I don't like the thought of winter coming back !...hope today you get done whatever you plan on doing I hope to go for a nice long walk/ trundle with Lyn and Masy the sun isn't out yet, in fact it's very grey but hopefully by 10 it will have brightened up xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Marie..if only we had known in our 30's what 60's might be like..perhaps we would not have gardened has hard..lifted as heavily etc..

    take care and yes how did half a yr go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marie. I am sorry that news from the physio was not what you expected. I am sure you will give it a good go. Beth tore her ligaments and we were given the direst of reports. SHe has healed her knee with physio. I hope it improves.

    I loved all the pictures of the flowers. They are just a dream here. At present I am seeing hibiscus, various wattles, lots fernes etc, and finally I have decided eyes are brilliant because I can't even begin to catalogue the greens I see. We have pretty greens, grey greens, brown greens, blue green, yellow greens and I give up.

    Tonight the kids and I took mum to the planetarium. They have a show once a week called Saturday NIght Live. It lasts an hour and they show our skyline etc. It is mum's birthday tomorrow. So her weekend started with a visit to a craft store and trip to see dad. After the planetarium we had Chinese.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear your wonky knee is not getting any better. Telling you to be patient does not help but what else can you do. It is so hard when you can't walk properly. I pulled a tendon (I think it was) on the side of my knee a few years ago and it took months and months before I could walk properly again. The pain came and went and when it was really bad I took some good pain killers and carried on. It still flares up now and again but nothing like it used to be.
    I'm sure if I lost weight the problem would disappear. I can dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its been a couple of years since I had my knees x-rayed Sybil. I think she said yesterday 2011, so that's six. I don't like taking pain killers. So I wait until its really bad to take them. I know, I shouldn't do that, but I am stubborn! I want to be present in my life as much as possible, and alert! No knee replacement for me because of my age. They only last about 15 years and I would need another one before I did in all liklihood. Plus I am overweight. So disposable, I guess! lol xoxo

    This year is goig by really quickly Monique! I can't believe how fast it is going! Oh, if only we had known when we were younger the things we know now! It has taken us a lifetime to get so smart! lol xoxo

    Its amazing how many shades there are of every single colour Suzan. I ordered some cotton yarns on sale this morning, very cheap and I had fun choosing colours. It sounds like you have had a lovely day! Happy Birthday to your mum! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knee put me out of commission pretty much all of one summer a few years agp. But by staying off it as much as possible it did heal. Being patient isn't easy but follow the exercise and take care. All good things come to those that wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pam, you are right of course! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!