Tuesday 7 February 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


 


FOR TODAY, February 7, 2017

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cold, but the sky is clear.  Quite a contrast to yesterday which started off frosty and clearn but ended up miserably wet!

I am thinking ...
I can't wait to see Lura and John in April.  I hope Todd has finished all his radiotherapy by then and that he has started to recover from it or we are going to be very boring company.   I don't drive.  :-(  Praying that he is well by the time they get here.

In the kitchen ...


 

Roasted Pork Loin with Sage and Applesauce.   This has a delicious crumb topping.

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake.  This looks so good and I adore lemon anything.  From An Italian In My Kitchen.

Good to know ...


As an older woman I also have  a few lessons to learn.  From As Life Grows.

I am creating ...


Crochet flower Bookmarks from Lakeview Cottage Kids.  Cute!


Paper Plate Love Birds.  From Arty Crafty Kids.


Free Printable Valentine Fortune Cookies from Evermine.



Hanging Heart Ornament.  You Tube Video.



DIY Enthusiasts Blog Homemade Valentines Gifts For Him.  There are a few different things including this message in a bottle.

I am reading ...


I am doing a Book of Mormon Study with a gang of girls on Instagram from my Ward.   I am looking for a really good book to read.  I haven't been able to find one I can sink my teeth into lately.  any suggestions?  I like Historical novels.  Thrillers and Mysteries.  I do not like romance novels.

I am looking forward to ...
Getting the show on the road with Todd's treatments.  This having to wait is very stressful for us both, but especially for Todd.  he just wants it dealt with and as soon as possible.  It doesn't help when some nimrod from church comes up and starts telling him all the horror stories he knows about men with prostrate cancer.   I could have smacked him.

Dreaming about ...


Bird earrings with pearls  . . . 

 

 Little silver bird rings  . . . 



A love bird necklace . . . 


 Mother of Pearl and diamond love bird brooch . . . 


 Kissing swallows cuff  . . . 

Something to watch ...

 
Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime.  Its very good.  We like it at any rate.  This guy gets let out of prison, but the mob is looking for him, so he takes over his ex prison room-mate's life.

A favourite quote for the day  ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
                   ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
If you are going to get anywhere in life, 
                                 You have to read a lot of books.
                                                                         ~Roald Dahl

Makes me smile ...


Who ate the cupcakes?   The cat did it  . . .  wasn't me.

One of my favourite things ...


A well made bed, and Martha Stewart.  Oh I love anything Martha Stewart.  She is the best.

Corners of My Kingdom ...


Bronte country in Yorkshire.  What a beautiful country I live in.  (When its not raining, lol)

And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!



13 comments:

  1. I am very late today. Every little thing has taken longer than I planned. I pray that Todd is well for your important visit.

    God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to live in the UK. So much beauty and history!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon,

    Why oh Why do people feel the need to tell you horrible medical stories? Why can't they tell you the stories about the people that survive cancer? Don't listen to people walk away. If they think that's rude well tough I think people who don't consider what other people are going through are insensitive!! Still in my prayers. Ronnie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to live in a lovely corner of the world, I think all your visitors will find plenty to do and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED him in The Other Sister..with Juliette Lewis.
    I HATE when people tell you stuff like that..in a waiting room about 5-6 years..ago..we were all there for similar things..one lady said this is how it starts..then it's ll downhill cancer strikes etc..I was sad and asked my doctor..and she said nonsense.
    I know prostate cancer survivors..and they are happy and garteful and Gary is in his 70's 75 at least..looks great..does not look his age..
    Love the printable valentines..but ink is through the roof here..felt is cheaper:)I may make some for the boys:)If I remember how..there was a trick for the felt to stay.
    Hi Mr T...I hate waiting too.

    so let's talk and think positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much Suzan. Much appreciated! xoxo

    I pinch myself all the time Linda! Would not have given up this part of my life for anything! (and not just because of the scenery! ;-) ) xoxo

    Thanks Ronnie, much appreciated. I was shooting daggers at the fellow, but it went right over his head. We will avoid him from now on! xoxo

    Thanks Pam! I sure hope so! God bless. xoxo

    I haven't seen The Other Sister Monique but will look for it now. I like Juliette Lewis also. People can be so insensitive at times, but that is people. They can also be very kind and generous. I got some very lovely post today. Will e-mail. ♥♥♥ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful selection of birds. Going to look at that lemon cake recipe.

    Why oh why are some people so negative and without feeling. Tod's got everything going for him. Can imagine how you are waiting for it all to begin. Take a lot of deep breaths. Won't be long before you've gone through it all and can relax and enjoy every day in every way. Your visitors are wonderful to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always your Daybook entries are some of the ones I like the most. I just like to read what you are up too. I am so sad that someone would tell the horror stories of Prostate Cancer. I just know he will do well and I know how hard it is to wait for treatment. You two are always in my prayers for it to all go good. Of course, I am sure he has had a priesthood blessing.
    I want you to enjoy every moment with our good friend Lura and John; it sounds so fun.
    Enjoyed the valentine ideas and little bird jewlery; so fun. I love that you are doing a Book of Mormon study over instagram. I love The Book of Mormon so much.
    Love, hugs and prayers for you all!
    Oh, and I love the photo of that cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Linda! Some people can be so insensitive and I am sure that the man meant no harm and probably thought he was being helpful. I am looking forward to our company in April and May because not only will I get to see cherished friends, but by then all of the bad stuff should be finished! xoxo

    Thanks LeAnn! I am so excited to see Lura and John again and for Todd to meet them finally in person. It will be so great! Love and hugs for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can tell Todd that I can relate as many stories of survival and thriving from and with prostate cancer as that man can of doom and gloom. Todd is to think positively and know that God is taking care of him and all that surrounds him. Sending love to you both this day. ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Noelle! You are a treasure. I will tell him when he gets up. He is having his nap time. Sending you and your dear hubby love today and always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Marie! I've found you again after a long time! Just by chance.
    Bless you this is a pretty blog and a lovely daybook.
    Be blessed and do drop in for a visit!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura, nice to see you again! I will stop by! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!