Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book

 photo smallsimplewomanicon_zpsac834e67.jpg

 FOR TODAY August 13th, 2013

Outside my window...
It's actually still dark out and cool.   I am up earlier this morning.

I am thinking...
✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


"The purpose of our lives is to give birth
to the best which is within us
~Marianne Williamson~


I do believe we are here to become all that we can be, to grow, to stretch and to become like our Heavenly Father.  I think life would be pretty boring if we never tried to better ourselves.

I am thankful...
I am thankful for all the Happy Birthday Greetings on FB.  Funny how it works on a Birthday.   I don't feel any older today than I did yesterday, but I guess I am!   I grow older by the minute!

In the kitchen...

 photo SAM_8151_zps31de27b6.jpg

In The English Kitchen today . . . White Beans and Cabbage, easy and quite tasty!!
Makes a nice light lunch or supper.   Low fat and filled with fibre!

.I am wearing...
Nothing new here! Yep, in my nightie!

I am creating...
I do have more artwork, but haven't figured out how to use the scanner on this computer yet.   You wouldn't think it would be that difficult, but it is!

 photo 34f2e7da7d82fa3eae5035f993ef9dbb_zps7cbf6d63.jpg
(source)

Love this cute little sewing caddy.  That would come in really handy.  I have a small one that I made years and years ago, which basically just holds your cut off threads, etc.  It's like a little garbage bin.   This is a lot more practical!

 photo Screen-Shot-2013-07-25-at-111808-AM_zpsdd2fa76a.png

Love these little insulated lunch bags, from the same source above.  I think the fabrics used are so sweet.  I love birds, and these are adorable!

 photo dbf458a4ce1767b745c969215a48c80d_zpsa9ea45ea.jpg
(source)

These felt bows are adorable.   They look pretty easy to do as well.

 photo 433db99cc931b1f5dd97cb8c03c1b8d4_zps06f29354.jpg
(source)

Love these little open mouthed fish!  They are so adorable.  They would make good holders for your eye glasses and all sorts.   There are some really creative people about!

Have we got time for one more???  Why not!!

 photo c32055ef91d77126a85427591c861dde_zps5858721a.jpg
(source)

These little felt animals are ADORABLE.   I just love them.  When I was a girl my mother had a crocheted zebra that my father had found somewhere.   I coveted it.  There is something about soft toy animals that I just love.  I wonder what ever happened to that little zebra?

I am going...
 I am going to Gloucester tomorrow.  So is Todd.   We are going on a tour of a farm, in a field to plate experience day.  It should be quite interesting.  We are off very early in the morning, so I don't think I will be posting tomorrow.  I'll tell you all about it on Thursday though!

I am wondering...

 photo 557903_339243372883675_1111435679_n_zps9ccc20c3.jpg
I wonder why it is we always feel the same age inside.   That never changes does it?   Our knowledge of things may change, our experience grow, our talents stretch . . . but we never really feel much differently.  Or is that just me?   I feel the same inside now that I did when I was sixteen!  It's that first look in the mirror in the morning that's the kicker!

I am reading...

 photo white-queen-main_1479038f_zpseab5aec4.jpg

The White Queen, by Philippa Gregory
The dramatization of this book is playing on the BBC at the moment.  I thought I would read the book, especially since I recently discovered that one of my ancestors was involved at this time, Sir John Howard.  It just makes it a bit more interesting with this connection.

Elizabeth Woodville is one of England’s less well-known queens, partly because she was a commoner, besmirched by her enemies as the poor Lancastrian widow who seduced the golden son of York, Edward IV, by witchcraft. Later, it was alleged that Edward had been previously betrothed to another lady, rendering his marriage to Elizabeth invalid and their children illegitimate.  After her series about the Tudors, Philippa Gregory takes us back to the Wars of the Roses in this entrancing novel. In Elizabeth she has alighted on an intriguing subject. She won the lecherous Edward through beauty and sex appeal. Theirs was a love story. But Elizabeth also believed herself to be a seer with magical powers who could curse her enemies.

Its a cracking story!

Still looking for something new and interesting to read.  I love anything historical, Romantic but not smutty, autobiographical, true stories, etc.   Any worthwhile suggestions?  I also love books time lined in ancient oriental culture.


I am hoping...
That Mitzie will be okay here tomorrow whilst we are gone.  Our next door neighbour is going to come in and let her out a few times during the day until we get home in early evening.   I know she will be bored without us, but it can't be helped.  We can't realistically bring her with us!

I am looking forward to...
The Sister Missionaries are bringing someone here to our home to teach this afternoon.  I love teaching people who are interested in learning about the Gospel!

I am learning...
I can't always be on!  I have good days and bad days too.  It's not necessary for me to always be Little Miss Sunshine!

Around the house...
 photo 998028_494198110655332_1334723152_n_zps6d9043a1.jpg

I love the colours in this kitchen.  Red is a favourite colour of mine.  I love the open shelves and the use of a fabric curtain beneath some of the cupboards.  That is something I have always wanted to do.   Loving the use of robins egg blue for the chairs and other accents too.  Basically I love the SPACE!  Oh how I wish for a larger kitchen!

 photo 1005172_489026204505856_428483118_n_zps15c43aa4.jpg

I love the way these flowers appear to be pouring out of this overturned pot.  What a fabulous look!  I think all you would need is a plant that makes a good ground cover and keep it contained so that it didn't spread overly much.  This is a really cool idea!

 photo 1001560_499725390102604_23950257_n_zpsf06f32b6.jpg

Oh how my heart longs for a porch to sit on and watch the world go by . . . I wonder if it is possible for a person to mimic this look and feel?     I love rocking chairs too . . . I have never seen one over here, but they must exist I am sure.

I am pondering...
I am now wondering if there is such a thing as a rocking chair in England.   How could I not have seen one in all of the time I have lived here????

A favorite quote for today...  

  photo 1016584_321052461369433_1175467279_n_zpsa05f533a.jpg

`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..


(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
¸.•´¸.•~♥♥♥~•.~

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Please don't waste.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
⋰ ⋮ ⋱ your time... on what "could have" been!.*´¯`.¸¸.☆
✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░


One of my favorite things...

 photo 69be9c6c5a4e16199cbfcd3feb7481e9_zps19cac65d.jpg

I know it's probably really bad for me . . . but I do love Diet Coke.  I don't like it from a can or a big bottle.   I like it from a glass bottle or from one of the 250ml sized plastic bottles.  It does not taste the same to me coming from anywhere else.  I wonder why that is???   I don't think I am imagining it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Teaching with the missionary sisters this afternoon, the trip to Gloucester tomorrow, I have to fit in a RS Presidency meeting somewhere this week, plus the sisters are coming for tea on Friday.  I think we are going to pop into town this tea time for fish and chips as well.   A birthday treat!  (or another nail in my coffin?)

A peek into my day...  

 photo 07bc8a330e20797b110e5401f370d0ef_zps5b53db97.jpg

I do this.   I always have a running conversation going on in my head with God.  I've done that for a very long time.  If you keep God in your heart and your head, you can't go wrong . . .

A thought to carry with you through today:



✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻.
♥´´¯`•.¸¸.♫´¯`•.¸¸.

 “Faith is a plant that can grow in the shade,
a grace that can find the way to heaven in a dark night.”
~ William Gurnall


 photo 1173710_341613352646677_751941573_n_zpsf575d542.jpg

Have a wonderful Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!