Sunday 22 May 2011

Marie's Sunday Six





I had a lot to smile about this week, and the best of them were all rolled up into one day! It's not often that happens, is it? Yesterday was pure Gold!

I hopped on the train early in the morning for a quick run up to Runcorn and had a day planned with my friend Sheilagh and her best mate Trish. We were going to a craft show up at the Aintree Race track. What a fabulous day we had together. It was my first time meeting Trish and what a sweetheart she is! These two Liver Birds are just two darlings and we all got along like a house on fire, but then . . . I knew we would! (A Liver Bird is a mythical bird that is used to represent Liverpool, but there was also a popular television show over here in the 70's called The Liver Birds, which was about 2 young Liverpool lasses! Since Sheilagh and Trish both hail from Liverpool, they are two Liver Birds!)



They are two very sweet ladies, and gorgeous too, don't you think? We spent a whole day together fulfilling our crafting fetish together and we got on like a house on fire! We spent the day up at the Aintree Race Course at a big Craft show there.

It was my first time ever at one of these over here and I thought it was amazing. I used to go to Craft Shows a lot with my sister over in Canada yonks ago! We used to sell things we had made and had a lovely time doing it. The best part was always getting to spend the day together, or at least it was for me!

This craft show was amazing. The building was filled to the brim with booths of different craft firms plying their wares, doing demonstrations etc. There was everything there from soup to nuts, and I mean everything! Craft papers, paper punches, glues, glitter . . . literally everything a crafter would need to do crafts, including textiles and quilting.



I was so amazed and chuffed to come across a booth that was selling MY stamps! It was a pretty surreal moment to be sure!! It is one thing for me to design them and send them off to the Craft Company but then to see them hanging there on display for people to buy, my goodness, but that was a wonderful feeling! They had all sorts of cute cards that they had made with them as well. It was really cool!



We drove back to Sheilagh's at the end of the day via Liverpool (and a short detour to a cute little Craft Shop . . . ahem . . . ) I had not been to Liverpool since my lads were over here back in 2003. It had changed a lot since then. It was nice though to have a tour with some gals that knew what they were talking about and to see their old stomping grounds!

We had a fabulous day together filled to overflowing with lots of smiles and laughter, but then again I was not surprised. Sheilagh is a gem, and I just knew that Trish would be too. I hated to see the day come to an end, but . . . all good things must come to an end eventually. Sheilagh and Trish, thanks so much for sharing this day with me!



Some more smiles for the week include buying a cute little dress for my first Grand daughter from Sucre d'Orge. I had sent some gifts over before she was born, but there were pretty much generic as I didn't know what my daughter was having. I thought that it was about time I sent something girlie and so a pretty little dress is winging it's way over there now. Grandchildren always make me smile and getting to spoil them a little bit makes my smile even wider!



American Idol also makes me smile and knowing that the two final contestants are Scotty and Lauren really made me smile big time. They have been my favourites all along and I am so pleased that they both made it through to the end. I am a big Country Music fan and I just love their style of singing. They are both so very talented that it will be really hard to pick a winner from the two! I think they should both win!! In any case, I am sure that they both have great careers in the Country Music Business ahead of them!

And there you have the highlight of my smiles for the week! A bit jumbled I know, but then blogger kept publishing this post on me before I finished it! So annoying! Anyways, I am done now! Have a wonderful and smile filled Sunday people! Remember God loves you!




*Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas*
Serves 5
Printable Recipe

I love Mexican food and these are really yummy, quick and use things I always have around.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
16 ounces of thick and chunky salsa, divided
11/4 cups of grated strong Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
salt and pepper to taste
10 flour tortillas

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.

Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with a bit of oil. Heat over medium high heat and add the chicken. Cook and stir until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa, 2/3 cup of the cheese and the coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Spread 1 cup of salsa onto the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Spoon 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, into the baking dish. Top with the remaining salsa and cheese.

Bake for 20 minutes, until heated through. Serve with some salad and a vegetable on the side..



In The English Kitchen today, a delicious Courgette, Cardamom and Lime Loaf!

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like a day to make you smile for the rest of the year :-) I bet you were tickled pink to see your stamps on sale there. Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't been snapped up by Hallmark as your artwork is just so beautiful.

    I love that little dress. It's so cute! Now I want one of ours to have a little girl just so I can justify buying something so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you yesterday whilst Mary and I were sitting out enjoying the sun and we were talking about you and your knees !! How did they hold up at the fair ? I just knew that you would enjoy it with Sheilagh and her friend. what fun to see your work on sale...in such a prestigeous place.
    Love for now Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so heart warming to read of your day and the joy you found along the way. Great friends add so much to those special times. Fancy finding your stamps. It must be the best buzz to see your work out there for everyone to enjoy.

    Do take care and have a very blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds heavenly. I long for a day like that. I'm doing a mini tea for Lura on Monday and as usual we'll end up talking about you and wishing you were here with us. Love you...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so good to hear you soooo happy,, what a great day you had.I'm so glad that your talent has brought you this good fortune, you deserve it Marie,, you really do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your stamps recently and as I envisioned , are adorable. As I phoned you last year giving you the encouragement and contact details for the company now producing them , would have hoped for a wee nod in my direction, if not a note of thanks. Nevertheless , best wishes Marie,
    Jan Davies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, I am sorry if you feel offended that I have not mentioned you. I am indeed very grateful for the information you gave me re stamp companies last autumn, but since you had never ever contacted me via the blog, I was under the impression that you were blog shy and would prefer that our contact be in private via e-mail. As you had said the last time we spoke that you would be leaving for America shortly and would contact me when you arrived I had been waiting for that contact. I did not have an e-mail address for you over there. This is the first I have heard from you since. I am truly very sorry if your feelings have been hurt. I truly am very grateful for the direction you gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - Jan I just tried to e-mail you at the only e-mail address I could find for you, and the mail was returned as undeliverable. If you would like to contact me via my e-mail address then I would like to correspond with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to read you had a great day Marie with the two liver birds LOL!!Plus to see your own wonderful work on sale must have been the highlight of it all.Well Done.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve a great day with your friends! Love the baby dress! So precious. It is quite addicting shopping for grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how awesome to see your stamps! you are famous marie! :) woohoo-congrats!!!

    and that dress is simply adorable! your daughter is going to love it!! its going to be so sweet on your precious new granddaughter. love it!

    sounds like you had the perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!