Eileen got back here yesterday afternoon about 6 p.m. safe and sound. I had some supper waiting for her, once we got her unpacked and settled. I have to say I was very grateful for the care that her father and sister gave to her. It was so good to have her home here and to know that our prayers had been answered. Cancer free. That's what she was told. She is in a bit of pain, probably more than she lets on, but I think she's going to be okay. She's doing very well and I am very proud of her. We also thank everyone so much for their thoughts and prayers. They have really helped immeasurably, and we have appreciated them. Praying now for continued healing and her life getting back to normal. She is sleeping at the moment.
My cleaners came yesterday. It was perfect timing. Actually only one was here as the other had to go to the emergency as her eye was swollen up or something. The one that was here did a usual fabulous job. She also helped me to sort out Eileen's room properly and get clean sheets on the bed, etc. so it was fresh and ready for her return. I was so pleased with what she did. This one is a great organizer. I am going to get her to come back another time, outside of their regular hours to help me with a few bits I think. She does a really great job.
I was supposed to have a podiatry appointment today, but I called on Monday to cancel it. They were out of office so I left a message. They did not get back to me so I have no idea if they got the message or not. I hope that they don't ding me with a cancelation fee. I did call to cancel the appointment in time. So hopefully that was okay.
I have so many appointments that I need to make. I was waiting for this business with Eileen to get done. I want to make an appointment to have my winter tires put on and my car winterized. I also need them to look at my backing camera which has stopped working properly.
I have had to put a bit of heat on in here this morning. It was a bit chilly. Really these places stay fairly cool in the summer and warm when the weather starts to get colder. I am lucky really to have a center unit as I am protected on both sides. So I really only get wind from the front or back. It's really quite comfortable. But we are having some very chilly mornings now so I guess a bit of heat won't hurt. It's not far above freezing out there this morning.
Myriads and myriads plumed their glittering wings,
As fine as any bird that soars and sings,
As bright as fireflies or the dragon-flies
Or birds of paradise.
Myriads and myriads waved their sheeny fans,
Soft as the dove's breast, or the pelican's;
And some were gold, and some were green, and some
Pink-lipped, like apple bloom.
A low wind tossed the plumage all one way,
Rippled the gold feathers, and green and gray -
A low wind that in moving sang one song
All day and all night long.
Some trees hung lanterns out, and some had stars
Silver as Hesper, and rose-red as Mars;
A low wind flung the lanterns low and high -
A low wind like a sigh.
~Katherine Tynan (1859 - 1931), Leaves
We had some strong winds yesterday, in fact Cindy's power was out for a couple hours. Quite a bit of leaf came down, but there is still plenty up there to enjoy. All the power lines here are above ground and many of them have trees hanging over and below them. The Power company does try to keep them trimmed, but it would be so much better if they just put them underground like so many other places have. There probably wouldn't be so many power outages.
My power did flick when the power came back on in the places that had lost theirs. Enough that I needed to reboot everything. I also had to sign myself back into all the streaming channels on the television, which was a bit annoying, but, nevertheless, we got it done. It won't be long now before we are setting the clocks back an hour. I saw online that several provinces have opted not to change the clocks. I wish all of the provinces would get on board as when only a few of them do, it makes things even more confusing.
We had our church's bi-annual conference last weekend and it was very good. The talks seem to be a bit shorter now, but they have more people speaking. Once they have them all published on the church website I am going to go back and listen to them all again. Several struck me as I was listening to them with some profound things. One in particular by Elder Bednar, so I am keen to go over that one again.
Usually I listen to all of the talks over and over again until the next conference rolls around. There is so much to take in and take on board. So uplifting and inspiring.
There is a really lovely video on YouTube about the
Salt Lake Temple that I watched yesterday while I was waiting for Eileen to get home. I really enjoyed it. The Temple has been closed for a number of years while they did some major repairs on it and they are getting ready to re-open and re-dedicate it next Spring. There will be an open house as well, prior to the dedication, where people can walk through it. Its an amazing building. I remember walking around it when I was in SLC back in 2009. I had forgotten my temple recommend at home in the U.K. so I couldn't go in however.
They have a couple of really nice visitor centers there that you can go in and Temple Square is looking really lovely as well, with some really beautiful statues, etc. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to visit it when I did.
I don't know that I can ever adequately explain just how very much of a difference my faith has made in my life. I really and truly don't know where I would be without it. My life has truly been transformed by it. I can honestly say that I am not really the same person that I was before I embraced it. Life is much sweeter now, despite all the hardships. I have an anchor and a ballast now that helps me to navigate all of the troubles that life sets on our doorsteps. It does for everyone. Lets face it, life is hard. I love that I can go to my Heavenly Father in prayer and pour my heart out to Him and I can tell you with all honesty He always answers my prayers, sometimes in the most unexpected ways, sometimes I don't get the answers I wanted, but always I get answers in the way that is best for me, for my life. And yes, some prayers I am still waiting for answers, but I know they will come.
Well, I guess I best bring this to an end now. The morning is getting on and I expect Eileen will have a few visitors today so I need to get my skates on.
A thought to carry with you . . .
☾ ° ★° * 。
• ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★*God holds me
Every day, every thought
every step.
In The English Kitchen today,
Spameroni & Cheese. This is incredibly delicious, budget friendly and very quick and easy to make. You can't ask for much more than that!
I do hope you have a beautiful day. I have a phone call appointment later today for the results of my ultrasound last week, the nurse said non-urgent, so I am trying not to hyper-focus on that, hypochondriac that I am, lol. In any case, it's beautiful sunny and Eileen is home and healing. God is good. Whatever you get up to today, stay safe, be happy and don't forget!
═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════
And I do too!
What a relief to have your Eileen back with you and with good news, I sure hope she feels great soon and you two can enjoy some lovely days together, as usual. Blessings and prayers to you all, Virginia xo
ReplyDeleteWonderful that Eileen is back safely and on the road to recovery. Now you can start getting those appointments booked. We have a planned power outage overnight on Oct 21, will interfere with my CPAP machine, but there is nothing to do about it. Have a lovely time today.
ReplyDeleteGlad EIleen is all ensconced there with you now and no doubt your wonderful meals will help her to heal too!! Glad to hear that they feel the cancer was contained and gone now!! I was on tylenol or ibuprofen for some time after my surgery, tho I also had an exploratory done at the same time so was a lot of stitches. I went off the pain shots in hospital quicker than they thot I would but I was tired of my bum feeling like hamburger from those shots for pain!! The by mouth worked good enough. Urge her to rest all she can. I knew a woman who did too much after her surgery and tho the doctor told them to take it easy, her husband moved them then...she never recovered fully...was mostly homebound the rest of her life. So it pays to take it easy for several months and not overdo.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Elizabeth xoxo
Lovely that Eileen is home safe and sound under your watchful eye. I know you’ll spoil her but she deserves it. Love and hugs, Elaine
ReplyDeleteVERY relieved to hear that Eileen is home and the cancer has been taken away. Prayers for you and all of you as you support her in the times ahead. ☺️MUCH LOVE!! 💖
ReplyDelete