Monday, 5 October 2026

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 


"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. What you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best. 


 

So, today is the day.  Eileen's dad came yesterday at 1 to pick her up.  We had everything ready to go.  I was greatly encouraged to learn that her sister Amanda has taken several days off work (she is a nurse practitioner) and that she is going to be with them in the hospital. They stayed at Amanda's last night and are on their way to the hospital now. I know that she will get the best care possible. I have cried bucketloads and poured out my heart in prayer over these past weeks and especially these past few days. I feel as if you were to scratch me, my heart would be splattered all over the place, but I know God is good and He has a plan, so I am trusting in Him and His goodness and that all will be well, one way or another.  I am grateful that her father and sister are going to be there with her. That is a great comfort to me. I can feel all the prayers of her loved ones and of all of you, and I know she does too.  That means a lot to us both. Thank you for that.


 

Eileen and I had a really nice weekend together.  We laughed a lot. She finished her Christmas Decoration Diamond Arts things. I have ordered a couple more for her to do when she is here recuperating. Again, Christmas ones. She has been invited to participate at a Christmas fair, so that will be nice and it will be nice for her to have some Christmas ones to do for it so she can sell them.  She made $35 at her last sale, which was on Friday. She is saving the money she makes in these sales to get herself a cat. That's a good thing. I'm proud of her.


Date Night Chicken

I had dinner over at Cindy's last night and she made the most delicious chicken dish with chicken thighs, olives, dates, lemons, shallots. It was so scrumptious. We took lots of photos so I am going to share it on my page someday soon as I think you would also love it. It was fabulous.  We enjoyed it with some rice and beans. It was really good.

My sister is a fabulous cook. I love that she includes me. It was a great distraction for me to be able to go over there and spend time with her and dad and Dan. I told Eileen about the chicken and we are going to make some here at home, a much smaller batch, when she gets back from the hospital and has recovered a bit.  She had Butter Chicken at her sister's place that my son in law Tom made.  She loves Butter Chicken.



This weekend was my church's Fall Conference for this year.  With two days of talks. I have yet to listen to/watch  the Sunday afternoon session, but I really enjoyed the other three. This talk (quoted above) was one of my favorites, but they were all very good.  I will probably listen to the Sunday afternoon session this afternoon. 

I love that we get to enjoy these special talks and moments twice a year as we do, and that we get to study the words shared in between times. We are blessed.


 

It might take me twice as long to do things these days than it used to, but I still embrace the old ways, or at least those that I am able to.  My goal this winter is to get myself a foldable wooden drying rack so that I can put my laundry outside on nice days to dry.  I miss that smell. 


 

Eileen and I went out to supper mid-afternoon on Saturday.  We went to the diner we like and had the best burgers. I just had a classic cheeseburger and she had the bacon mushroom melt. Of course they came with chips.  Both were excellent.  I love the atmosphere there. Its not a big place, but the food is really good. I have been happy with my meal each and every time we have been. I got her an ice cream sundae to enjoy on the way home.  We both really enjoyed our dinner out together. We won't be able to go with Cindy, Dad and Hazel this Wednesday so this was to make up for that, and to just have a cozy meal together, just us two.

I don't really have a lot else to say this morning. As always my life is full. I have so many blessings in it that I can't count them all. I have enough. Of everything. God is good.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

☾ ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*God knows what is best for us
and He is eager to bless us.
~Ciro Schmeil


Boston Cream Pie


In The English Kitchen today   . . . Boston Cream Pie, an old Marion Cunningham recipe from the Fanny Farmer Book. It's the best.  

I hope you have a great day today. May you be richly blessed with all that you stand in need of.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget . . . 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═════════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ════════════  

And I do too!    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!