Friday 29 October 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


 


Knit Hacker, a brilliant crocheted book to teach baby about the weather.  Love this.  



 

Stacking multi-coloured crochet baskets.  Love these also. A free pattern/tutorial from Christine Williams.  



A simple crochet headband.  I love this.  Just what I need to tame my unruly locks.  From Crochet Dreamz. Another free pattern.  There are lots of patterns on that page.  


 

Country Cottage and Tree Ornaments, from Bella Crochet. So cute.  Love the little house. Lots of free patterns on that blog as well. 



Painted Rock Inspiration from Deborah McGee Art, on Etsy.   




From EHow, how to finish the backing on a baby blanket.  I love the idea of backing these things with pretty fabric.  A lap blanket would be lovely backed like this.  




Free Printable Recipe Binder.  Just a Girl and Her Blog.  




No source, just inspiration.  These are bottlecaps, painted on, and embellished.  Love them. If you weren't great at painting, you could decoupage them on with napkins or found papers.  Sweet!  



 

I love this accordian purse/wallet.  Complete Tutorial on DIY Tutorial Ideas 




A do it yourself, make it at home Autumn fragrance.  I am so going to try this out in my wax burner.  I never thought of doing this.  Brilliant! 




A cute little button doll charm.  I couldn't find the instructions for this exact one, but I did find a tutorial on YouTube to make a similar one!  Cute! Its a very good video.  The music is a bit irritating, but once you get the hang of it, it looks like a doddle. 



From The Instructables.  A roll up glove box caddy to hold all your essentials.  What a neat idea!

Have you ever wondered why it is called a glove box? 

 glove compartment or glovebox or glovie is a compartment built into the dashboard, located over the front-seat passenger's footwell in an automobile, often used for miscellaneous storage. The name derives from the original purpose of the compartment, to store gloves.  


 
Pie anyone? If you can't trust Betty Crocker, then who can you trust?  

 

Crochet Fedora hat.  I love it.  I don't wear hats, but I love it anyways.  From Pretty Ideas, pattern and video.  




I was immediately drawn to this because it looks very do-able and I think its very pretty.  From The Cake Blog.  
 



I cannot find a source for these, but they look dead simple.  So cute!  Peanut shell snowmen!  White painted peanut. Acorn cap, cap.  Some wire arms. Some scraps for scarfs, etc. 


Free Printable Farmhouse Monograms. Love these. From The Cottage Market.   



Still loving this blanket.  I need to make it. Found on Quietly Stitching.  I love the edging. 

 


Knitted Poppies.  Eye Candy from Knot Garden.  That whole blog is eye candy for the stitcher. 

 


Crochet coasters from The Patchwork Heart. Love them!  The colours are fab!  Again, just eye candy, but I bet I could figure them out quite easily. 


 
Flat No Sew Poppy from Ravelry.   



Chest Freezer Storage Organization with dollar/pound store bins. From Practically Functional.  It's a whole system.  Could also work for a smaller freezer.   


 


While I am at it . . .  you can do the same for your refrigerator. From One Good Thing.   



   


 Red Ted Art.  Walnut Reindeer ornaments for the kids to make. So much fun! 




The Bee paintings of Angie Renfro. I love them.  Simple and yet so beautiful.  
 



Mmmm . . .  Easy Pickled Vegetables.  From Cooking Isl.  



Old sweaters, new mittens.  Love these.  I can't find the source for these however with the pattern.  I keep hitting a dead end, but I really like this idea. 


How to decoupage a quilt pattern onto an old chair using scrapbook papers.  Love LOVE this idea. Debi's Design Diary.  Sweet! 

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something you liked!  

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° We are reminded that anger doesn't 
solve anything.
It builds nothing, but can
destroy everything.
~Thomas S Monson .° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •  


 

Something for the kids in The English Kitchen today  . . .  White Chocolate Monster Munch.  I made a batch for Eileen and Tim to take with them. They are going to some friends in Halifax for the weekend and I thought it would make a great Halloween Hostess gift.  

Have a great Friday.  It looks dry out there this morning anyways! It sounds like we are going to have rain for Halloween!  I have all of my treats bagged up in little snack bags.  Cindy came over to help me with the cats yesterday and she had picked up a box of little snack bags at the store for me.  I really appreciate her helping me to dose them with their flea stuff and worming tablets. She is the cat whisperer.  Dan got my big bird feeder holder put up so I can move them off the deck.  Then when Tim and Eileen came for supper, Tim helped empty out my geranium baskets and I was able to put the empty containers in the garage for the winter, and he helped to take down my feeders and put them on the tall bird feeder holder, and then before they left to go home, he emptied my kitchen bin for me.  I never even asked him, he just volunteered to do it.  I am so blessed to have such good family around me!!  So, anyways, have a wonderful day and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!  





2 comments:

  1. You are blessed!
    Marie I made that Christmas Cake the Christmas before Covid..FAIL.I blogged about it..
    I love making my Christmas cake special.This looked easy and was not..;)For me.
    Just a heads up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun things to crochet. Perhaps I should learn how. I especially like the poppies although I think they're knitted. Lovely your family was there to help you. I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is tender. Enjoy your Friday. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!