Monday 25 May 2020

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 
 
 
"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard  


  A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.   
 
 
 


Our roses are all blooming now. In just a few weeks the garden will be at its best.  Of course the roses stay blooming all summer and well into the autumn and sometimes winter..  Roses in the late Spring are such a beautiful gift.  


  


I love our oriental poppies.  I have been watching them get ready for this since about February when they first pop out of the ground and now they are exploding into bloom. They don't last for long but while they do, they put on a beautiful show!  



Otherwise known as Summer Bells.  Its in bloom right now as well and the bees just love it.  I thought they had died because I never saw them last year at all, but this year they came back up.  Yay!! 



Our strawberry plants are loaded to the hilt with blooms, which are keeping the bees ultra happy. I think we will have a bumper crop this year if we can only keep the slugs at bay! 



Things have settled and we now seem to be getting a regular grocery spot.  Yay!  Cross that worry off  my list.  I even managed to get some flour with my last order . . .  I had to laugh when it arrived however. I need to look closer at the description.  It was quite a small package. I think it may have 3 1/2 cups in it, so it won't last long.  But I am still grateful! 



These two sweet Missionary Sisters who are serving in Chester Ward at the moment. This is Sister Bouwhuis from American and Sister Torres from Portugal.  Although at the moment they are not allowed to leave their apartment to do their missionary work, they stay very busy and are always sharing spiritual thoughts and messages with us via the internet. They are also able to teach investigator friends via the internet.  Modern technology is just wonderful and the Missionary Work continues to move forward.  Last night they did a short half hour devotional on Facebook that we really enjoyed.  Plus they have been giving great suggestions each week as to what we can watch/listen to during our at home church meetings.  Suggestions for talks and hymns that are theme related.  This has been a great blessing to us and our Sundays are just as spirit filled as ever. 

Modern technology has also meant that we have been able to enjoy Ward Activities such as Quiz nights and the like. Todd was able to get the first part of his Temple Recommend Interviews done, etc. We are so blessed to live at a time when this is not a problem.  Next Sunday at 3 PM our Ward is having an online Zoom Devotional as well which I am really looking forward to.  It will be great! 


 We have had a few over these past weeks, mostly from Ariana and Jose and Grace, but also from a few others.  They have meant the world to us.   


  


A next door neighbour who has kept us supplied with bread and milk all through this lock down.  She doesn't ask, her son just shows up with it. And she won't take any payment for it.  I bake for her in return.  Because I want to thank her and to show my appreciation.


  

A son who facetimes me every week without fail.  This week he played his guitar for me.  I also got to talk to the boys and the guinea pigs.  this means the world to me. 

And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Our lives are filled with small and special moments that are beyond counting. We are truly blessed.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The little cares that fretted me . . . 
I lost them yesterday 
out in the fields with God.•。★★ 。* 。




In the English Kitchen today, a taste of spring . . .  Balsamic Roasted New Potatoes & Asparagus.  Very good. 


Have a great Monday.  I hope your week ahead is filled to overflowing with small and wonderful blessing.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!     Stay safe!  
 





10 comments:

  1. Today is a doublers celebration here. It's Memorial Day and also one of my grandson's birthday. Going to get to see him later, 6 feet apart but will actually see him !You are blessed with so many lovely flowers. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay a double celebration Pam! What a great blessing, even with a six foot space between you! xoxo

      Delete

  2. I had the opportunity of seeing my family.. from up above it must look so strange everyone on the grass like 10 ft apart..still..well worth it.. 4.30-6.15
    I made the full batch focaccia.. 3 ind bread baskets and 6 ind disposable dipping oil and vinegar and a spice mix in it..
    this one..
    https://www.sidewalkshoes.com/whb-carrabbas-bread-dip/
    very good..

    everyone brought their own beverage and container.
    all gone..
    So unlike us not to hug.
    C'est la vie right now.

    Take care.
    Glad you have all those gorgeous flowers..friends..neighbours and family:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to take what we are given I guess Monique, even so far apart, at least you were together. How very wonderful. Your focaccia and dip sound fabulous! What a special get-together! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie!
    I thought u were taking a break from social media bc I wasn't getting my emails from u since March. Then I just looked on google and saw you're still blogging. So I'm getting your emails thru something else. Yay!

    Scary times right now! I can't even go over my parents house right now! I can only talk to my Mom on the phone.

    My daughter and kids have come over for a short time, just a few times recently, but I'm still leary scared!
    Then the twins came over with their friends the other day to see me and of course for treats bc they love my baking and cooking! Lol. I need to put a stop to this though bc they walk everywhere and no masks, so I need to think about myself now!

    They are just starting to open up restaurants with alot of social distancing and cleaning. Up to 10 people can be around each other and 25 people if their outside away from each other. No beaches open yet. This is our new normal!
    That's why I look forward to getting your emails even more and now I can read both blogs again! Yay!

    Stay safe and be well Marie and Todd! 💕


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, so nice to see a comment from you. I had wondered where you got to. Feedburner doesn't work anymore so we have to find new ways to follow I guess. We are living in exceedingly challenging times for sure. Glad you are safe. Don't take any chances! Hopefully this won't be forever! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. I loved reading your sweet blog today. I enjoyed reading about the flowers that are blooming at your home. We have some lovely ones too. I'm just happy that spring really has finally arrived. It's been a cold beginning.
    I'm happy that you can get deliveries and finally got some flour. I haven't look for some for a while. We mainly need some yeast too.
    Oh those sweet lovely Sister missionaries, I love the things they are doing. I have a granddaughter serving in Arizona and doing the same kinds of things.
    I love that your ward is having a devotional on line. I think that is awesome.
    I can tell you are greatly loved by the gate visits and bread deliveries.
    What a endearing blessing you have of a good son that contacts you each week. Out of all my 6 children, I have one that calls regularly and I love it.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! The online stuff we have been able to watch/listen to has been amazing. I feel really blessed for havig it. Love and hugs and blessings to you and Roger! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved seeing your spring flowers. We picked our first bouquet of Lily of the Valley today. So pretty and fragrant. It's turned very hot here but it's cooled down now and the temperature has dropped 10 degrees. Safe safe. Hugs and love, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lily of the valley but have never been able to grow it Elaine. I am sure your bouquet was just daring. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!