Wednesday 2 May 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, May 1, 2018

Outside my window ...
The skies are clear and blue.  It is a crisp cool morning, but at least it is dry. Yay! 

I am thinking ...
My sister rocks!! Nothing new there, you all know how I feel about her!  My oldest daughter Eileen has had a man pestering her in the local coffee shop for months now in a very inappropriate way.  Yesterday I was able to let my sister know when he was there and she went down there and laid the law down to him in no uncertain terms!  Hopefully now he will leave Eileen alone. I am so grateful for a sister who isn't afraid to stick up for and protect those she loves. What a blessing!

In the kitchen ...
 
Cheddar & Honey Mustard Muffins. They may not be the most beautiful muffin in the box, but they sure are one of the most delicious!  From yesterday and today  . . .

 


On my "To Cook" list ...  


Lazy Cat Kitchen. Vegan Bibimbap. This looks very tasty!

Good to know ...

From Red Heart, a complete article on how to read crochet symbols.  Excellent!  I used to crochet doilies when I was younger and I did it all by symbols.  

I am creating ...

I Kat Bag.  The most incredible homemade cardboard Barbie House. Its amazing. It reminds me of the cardboard furniture my mom made for my Barbie when I was a girl.


Tina's Handicraft. I love this free poncho pattern.  Nice and airy and very pretty.  


Lets Knit. A free pattern for these hanging birdies.  Cute!  


Just Jen's Knits and Stitches.  A sweet Flowerpot Tea Cosy.  Free pattern. 


Sally Strawberry Creations, free pattern for strawberry bunting!  

I am reading ... 

 

Letters to Iris, by Elizabeth Noble.
Tess has a secret, one which is going to turn her life upside down. In just nine months time. The only person she can confide in is her beloved Grandmother. But Iris is slipping further away each day. Then chance brings a stranger into Tess's life. Gigi's heart goes out to Tess, knowing what it's like to feel alone.

This book revolves round two families who met when they were visiting elderly relatives in a nursing home. Tess's relationship with her Grandmother had been a strong one, but with her Mother, it's strained. Gigi is married to Richard but she is unhappy in their relationship. Letters to Iris refers to the war, her parents and her brother, Tom, but she never shared secrets from that life. This is a beautifully written story about secrets, acceptance of other people's wishes and of course, love.

Looking forward to ... 

 
The wedding of the year. Not long now!  Can't wait!  Wishing them a Happily Ever After!
 
Dreaming about ...
 
 

Pretty bed covers  . . .


Dainty sprigs of flowers, ruffles and lace  . . . 

  

Pink geraniums  . . . 


Angelic wings  . . . 

  

And she shall have roses wherever she goes  . . . 

Something to watch ...  


  

Brigadoon  . . .  it never gets old  . . . 

A quote for the day  ...

 (¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
         ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
No matter how far
     you have travelled in the wrong direction,
            You can always turn around. ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 

Makes me smile ...

1950's/60's vintage illustrations. It was a kinder, gentler time  . . . 

Corners of my kingdom ...


Stratford Upon Avon . . .  birthplace of William Shakespeare  . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   
 
 
 
BOOK OF MORMON CORNER 

Today's Reading -   Alma 8:18-9:6 
Question - What have you learnt from this story of Alma and Amulek? What can we learn about God's ways in these verses?  
 
Thoughts - The thing that really stands out to me is Alma needed Amulek just as much as Amulek needed Alma. Because they each were obedient the Lord could use them both to teach the people of Ammonihah. They had the power of God, which they waited until the right time to use, so the Lord could show forth His power through them. This teaches me that God's ways aren't always the easiest or most straight forward according to mans wisdom. But His ways are marvellous and incredible, we get to be a part of them, all we need to do - like Alma and Amulek- is put aside our will and follow His. 
 
Tomorrow's Reading (Day 151) - Alma 9:7-18 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? Why do you think remembering is an important part of discipleship? 
 
Have a beautiful day!  I'm off to the Dentist this afternoon to sort out a toothache.  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

 
And I do too!


6 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Glad you're back online! :) And WOW... your sister did good! I'm so sorry your Eileen was having problems with harrassment at work... I'm sure your sister helped end that--yes! :) Your muffins look good! Cheddar & mustard are a great combo. I'm making us a Pad Thai with Tofu tonight but will have to try the Vegan Bibimbap soon! Learning crochet and knitting by symbols is something I continue to work as, as I am seeing where working from a chart is easy! What a fun idea the DIY Barbie house! And how CUTE is that strawberry bunting??!! Letters to Iris sounds sooo interesting--I have to look out for that one to read! Wishing you all a happy rest of the week there... Is it Wednesday already?! LOL... LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH, my friend!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! My friend Jackie used to make fabulous Tofu Burgers! I miss them!hope you are enjoying Spring weather now! Love you oodles and oodles my friend. Love to TJ and Luna also! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Yay for your sister..would have loved to see that!I love when someone steps up to the plate..too many don't.

    Lots of cute ideas..and happy you have a nice clear day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to see it also Monique! My sister has always been brave like that! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. We are having some really warm days here, but rain moves in tomorrow and it will go back to normal. I've enjoyed being warm for a change. Your sister is amazing and so much help. I know you must feel better for knowing she is there close to your family. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well let’s hop3 the rain makes for some lovely May flowers Pam! God bless! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!