Tuesday 6 June 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, June 6, 2017

Outside my window ...
 Its raining, its pouring the old man is snoring.  Miserable. Cold. Windy. blah . . .

I am thinking ...
Life is just to short to worry about the things you have no control over  . . .

In the kitchen ...

 Vegetarian Paella.  Colourful and delicious!


On my "To Cook" List ...
 

Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches.  From Dinner Then Dessert.  Boy, these look tasty!

 Good to know ...

 From the people at BHG.

 I am creating ...

Tunic Dress with Gathered Pockets.  Canal Blog.  Love those pockets. Nice and deep.


 The Cutest little apron card. I love it.  I couldn't find a source, but it is adorable.


 Mom's Love Crochet.  Crochet Chicken Pot Holder. Cute.


 Fairy Land Jar Lanterns.  From Adventure in a Box.

 

 DIY Sock Elephants.  From Craft Passion.

I am reading ...
 

 Address Unknown, by Kathrine Kressmann Taylor

What did it mean to be Jewish in the late 1930's in Nazi Germany? How powerful was Hitler's fascist brainwashing of the German race? How quickly did he influence the German people ? In an instant this book answers these questions and a great deal more regarding the Jews and Nazi Germany.
 It is a concise and compelling compilation of letters between a Jew in the States and a German returned from the States to live in Germany. Martin, the German, after voicing initial hesitation, succumbs to the temptation of following Hitler and rejecting his Jewish friend and business partner in the process. What is particularly disturbing is that it is clear from the outset that he is an intelligent, open-minded and well-educated individual. If even he is totally taken in by Hitler and his regime, what chance did those of a lesser education and a lesser quality of life have in the face of Hitler and his positive promises for the future ? They would have been swept along by his current of hope in an instant, even if that hope involved the elimination of minorities in the process. Only much later could the majority of Germans step back and realise the true implications of the Hitler regime. 'Address Unknown' captures this and much more in an exchange of but a few letters. The simplicitiy of the work emphasises the horrors of Hitler.

I am looking forward to . . . 
 Scotland. Only a little over a week to go . . .

Dreaming about ...

Pretty coats  . . . and look at those shoes  . . .



Pearls and Diamonds . . .  Diamonds and Pearls . . .


Country ways and country days  . . .


Botanical prints  . . .


Bonne Maman . . .

Something to Watch ...

I know I am late to the Mad Men party, but I was waiting for Todd to want to watch it too. He never will.  It's my own guilty pleasure . . .

A favourite quote for the day  ...

  (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
 If you are going to get anywhere in life,
you have to read a lot of books  . . . 
~Roald Dahl   ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

I have always loved reading.

Makes me smile ...
 

 Puppies  . . .

One of my favourite things  ...


Poutine  . . . .

Corners of my Kingdom ...

View from Cottage Garden to Rose Garden at Sissinghurst Castle Garden, Ken. I have been there many times.  It's a beautiful place to visit.


And that's my daybook for this week!

  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆

✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..
╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░

 Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!!


6 comments:

  1. Morning Marie, weather not much better down here, although just looked out and the sky looks a bit better so might change to dry in a while, or is that me being optimistic again !!!...we are off up to church this morning as we have started the Sing and Smile mornings once a month, I missed the first one but will look forward to today's...Mary has just arrived for breakfast so better move. Hope your day gets brighter..God Bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Lots of goodies here today! The recipes subs list is VERY interesting! That tunic dress is sooo cute--love that! I may have to add that to my to-make list! Oooo...those fairy lanterns are adorable! VERY exciting about Scotland!! :))) Lovely florals...*sigh*... Mad Men was a series I couldn't really get into, and lost interest quick. It just felt like it was going to be too predictable. I liked the fashions, though... LOL! But what do I know, I'm always late to "parties" too... LOL! Sissinghurst--what a dream that place is! And what a dream to have been there with you & Todd!!! :))) Happy memories... Wishing you a happy week ahead, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Marie and friends. I am feeling a little better but my asthma has flared and I am coughing and breathless alot.

    Our weather today was beautiful. While Pip was visiting the midwife I took myself out for a coffee. I had plain scones and instead of jam this placed served them with berry compote. Far messier but a lighter change and I enjoyed it. Then PIp and I went and met Beth after work. I was blessed with a good day. I was so full I did not want dinner so I took mum to sushi and drank bubble water.

    Now I am watching Masterchef and knitting.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie, just catching up after being in Weymouth and then London. We had a lovely break in Weymouth apart from one of our party, Ruth, ending up in hospital as her type 1 diabeties was out of control. All is well now though. The weather was wonderful, not a bit like today. The wind is howling and the sea waves are crashing over the promenade. There isn't a soul out walking, not even the dog walkers!

    Pete and Ashley appear to have solved their problems, although things are still not great. Pete's oncologist is sending them both for counselling so hopefully that will help.

    After reading yesterday's post I was wondering if the person who left the nasty comment and apology was the person you thought it was for all those years or was it someone else? I remember you mentioning it at the time and how upsetting it was for you. I also know about the message button where you found the apolog, but for some strange reason you can only get this facility if you use Facebook on a PC. It's not there on the iPad or mobile. I remember finding a message on there years ago from someone who thought I was someone else. As I don't use a PC anymore who knows how many messages there may be!

    I bet you're counting down the days to Scotland, you'll have a fabulous time! Keeping you in my prayers and also you too Suze, I hope you're starting to feel much better now after your accident. Sending you all lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress with the pockets. It would be perfect to have for summertime. I love pockets and hate to wear anything that doesn't have them anymore. It must be exciting for you that there only a week till you leave for Scotland! Always nice to get away but good to come home again too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been crapola here all day Sybil! Blah! Blah! Blah! Winter has returned. I even had the heater on for a short this morning! Your sing and smile mornings sound like fun! xoxo

    Scones and berry compote sounds lovely Suzan. Almost like Strawberry Shortcake! Hope your asthma improves! xoxo

    It was someone else Kate. Well at least one of the comments was, but I am still not sure about the second one. It would have been nice to have discovered the apology soon after rather than have me feeling so paranoid all these years about a certain other person. I have something else to be upset about now however, as I asked this person what made them say what they said and who told them the so called "Facts" they had been told and it was my son who told them these things. I give up . . . All I can do now is pray that some day he finds the peace he needs to find. We are each of us on our own journies. Its hard when you see your children hurting and know that they could be healed if they would let themselves, but they won't. In all honesty however, someone still had to feed him the untruths . . . I hope Peter and Ashley can work things through. It is a hard journey to take, the cancer one. (((hugs))) We find out tomorrow if Todd's has gotten better or not. I am torn between feeling hopeful and filled with dread. xoxo

    Tracy, that trip we took to Sissinghurst together is one of the bright spots in my life. Such a happy memory! Love you to bits my dear friend! Love to TJ and Luna also. xoxo

    Yes, there is a part of me that always hates leaving home Pam, and it seems to get worse the older I get! I will try to enjoy myself as much as I can! My knee is still bad as well as my plantar fasciatis. I may have to bring a lot of knitting along! haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!