Thursday 13 February 2014

Thursday This and That

  photo after_the_rain.jpg

What an absolutely wicked afternoon and evening we had here yesterday.  The wind was horrific.  It blew our new birdfeeder over.  (We bought a new one with the money my mom and dad gave us for Christmas)  Hopefully it isn't broken.   It was well anchored down, but this same wind blew a cast iron patio table across the patio into our gate, almost breaking that too . . . a bird feeder didn't stand a chance.  I am hoping that the roof is still on the shed and that we didn't lose too many roof tiles.  The power kept flicking on and off, but it pretty much stayed on.   We were afraid to let Mitzie out into the garden for fear she'd be swept away to Oz!  The sun is shining this morning, so far, so here's hoping we have a dry day to recuperate with today!  Oh we do need a good break from all of this nasty weather in this country.  I  haven't turned the news on yet this morning, but I am sure it will be filled with weather based gloom and doom!!

You have probably noticed that the music has disappeared on here.   As much as I loved it, it was causing people problems with the page loading, so I thought it was time for it to go.  I do so love Mindy Gledhill, but I  will just have to pop her album into the music player if I want to listen to her.  Or, I could do a Susan Branch and give you a link to go and click so you have music.   Let's try that.   I hope that it works.   MUSICA    Did that work?  Are you bobbing your heads?   I sure hope so because I am!

  photo copyrightlookingforyou_zps60d31947.jpg

This is a wee piece of art I did yesterday afternoon.  I just saw this phrase somewhere and this picture immediately popped into my head.   Who has never had that instant feeling of recognition when they meet a special new friend for the first time?  I know it doesn't happen every time, but only occasionally, and I have been blessed only a few times in my life with this special feeling, but when it does happen it's just pretty wonderful I think.   Soul to kindred soul!

  photo Lottie_zpsca4f87e6.jpg

I have to show you this doll as well.  She is a Lottie Doll and is supposed to be a wholesome role model for little girls ages 3 to 9.  She doesn't wear make up, or high heels, or jewelry.  She's basically just a little girl.  I want my wee Maryn to have a positive body image about herself and I want her to stay a little girl for as long as possible.   I bought two actually . . . yes . . . I bought one for me too.   That way I can make some clothes for her.  (That's my excuse.  We all really know that I love dolls and I have fallen in love with this one.)  She's only 7 1/2 inches tall, and has RED shoes!  I love red shoes.   If I had fallen in love with nothing else, the shoes would have done it for me.   In any case I shall have fun playing with mine over the next six months or so while I come up with a wardrobe for her.

 photo cookiedollhouse_zps7fdbf263.jpg

And then I saw this on Pinterest.  You can find out more about it here.   I so want to do this.  It's like a portable doll house!  I think it is totally adorable.  It would be so much fun creating this in a side perfect to fit Lottie.    My wheels are turning.  It would have to fit in a very small suitcase, like an old Barbie Suitcase like I had for my Barbie when I was a girl, or maybe I could just find a small suitcase and just build the doll house/bedroom in the suitcase with a fold down bed, etc.   You can see I have big plans.  I just hope I can follow through on them!

 photo f340e3d3c458984f0d9226f55a90ea5f_zps4394927f.jpg

And then . . . I saw THIS on The Imagination Tree.   Isn't it adorable???   Don't you think little boys would just love this????  My wheels are really turning now.   I am surprised you don't smell smoke!

Now all I have to do is find some cheap second hand tiny suitcase things, or even boxes that are the right size that I can turn into suitcases.

I wanted to thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday.  I am in the planning process of changing venues for the blog.   I want it to all have come together before I open it all up, and don't worry when I do it, you will ALL be the first to know and I may even celebrate it with a giveaway.   We shall see.   In any case I am really looking forward to it all.   So be excited for me!  They say a change is as food as a holiday, and since we won't be taking any holidays this year, this will have to do!  

Off into town today to send the forms off to renew my British Passport.   I had my picture done yesterday and amazingly enough for once it was not too bad a picture.   Usually they are flippin 'orrible!  I do have to do something about the bags under my eyes though.    Mind you, what can you do  . . .  you aren't allowed to smile so the bags really show up.

And with that nice thought I will leave you with a more pleasant turn of phrase to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

"It does not take a special time
to make a brand new start.
It only takes the deep desire
to try with all our hearts."
~Helen Steiner Rice
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  



 photo SAM_3043_zpscae2674d.jpg

Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Honey and Five Spice Chops.   Delish!

I hope your Thursday is a special one!  Make it count! 

Hmmmm..... I wanted the music to open up in a new window, but it isn't.  I am not sure how to change that.  Oh well, back to the drawing board on that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!