Friday 28 February 2014

Friday Finds

 photo FridayFinds_zpsb214ccd8.jpg

   A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!A few of the wow moments, or things I discover each week that tickle my fancy.  I hope that they may inspire or tickle yours too!


 photo pinwheel-wreath_zps7bb53145.jpg

There is a brilliant tutorial on The Cards We Drew to make this pretty spring pinwheel wreath.   While I would not choose these exact colours for the background/ribbon, this is a really sound idea and I can envision how very pretty it would be with other colours!  It's really simple to make also.  I love simple!


 photo movie-party_zps04ad7b3d.jpg

A whole host of  printables for a movie party just in time for the Oscars.   You can get them at an instant download at Dimple Prints.  I love the bright colours, and $13 isn't an awful lot to pay for a set like this.   There's popcorn bags, invitations, labels, decorations, the lot!   Of course it doesn't hage to be for an Oscar's party.  It would be great for a teen movies party as well, or any kind of film based event.   There are a lot of great printables on that page even if this doesn't grab your eye.   Do go and check them out!


 photo 70f1a2e7f0e55ba3f70e3be722ee4276_zpsb59132c9.jpg

I couldn't find a source for this, but I have fallen in love with this idea.   Drawer fronts decoupaged with different fabrics from your fabric stash.  You wouldn't even have to use a different one for each drawer.  You could use the same one on each drawer, or even fabric that matches your bedspread, etc.  What a delightful way to add some colour to a room!  I love it!


 photo annearmoire1_zps54e70167.jpg

I adore this magical fairy tale looking armoire from Straight Line Designs.   It makes me think of Angela Lansbury the singing teapot in Beauty and the Beast from Disney.  It looks like it will just start dancing at any minute. Oh, I know I could never afford to buy anything like this for my home, but that doesn't stop me from falling in love with it.

 photo 30db2fd7585e59a15128d410733d596f_zpsb33feef1.jpg

Kind of like this fairytale bed from Little Miss Liberty.  It costs a bomb, but how sweet is this!   A little girl's bed obviously, but how very charming.  Perfect for little princesses and fun to dream about!  I wonder what it would feel like falling asleep in something like this?

Miniaturized it would also make an adorable doggie bed!  For the pooch that has everything.


 photo 763602e8f315836e3f2438a83f9edf93_zps3351a975.jpg

Ok.  I am officially in love.  You know how much I love red and white.   And how much I love toile.   And how much I love gingham.  Polkadots.  Pompoms!  This footstool has it all!   I found this on Work Room Intelligence.   It is a custom piece, but there is some real food for thought there I think!  One of these days I just may surprise you all!

 photo 1e69f92c454ffedf9cc204dbd0581384_zps07e4633c.jpg

How to make your own pattern.  If you are a sewer this is fabulous.  Also if you have ever had a shirt or some such that you absolutely love and have no hope of ever finding another one just like it, this is just the ticket!  Make your own pattern using your own clothing as the guide!  Fab tutorial on Sweet Verbena.   I love it!


 photo da5a80a69ddf4aeda744422145acc67d_zpsd98367f1.jpg

Twelve surprising uses for Vicks Vapo Rub on Divine Caroline.   And you thought it was just for when you have a cold!   Surprisingly it is good for all sorts!  Including getting rid of nail fungus (yikes!) and repelling mosquitoes!  Vicks Vapo Rub is the scent of my childhood!

 photo e4b2379f2f9336515f8d71fea6be608d_zps8394a582.jpg

And finally, how to clean that oily sticky residue from off your kitchen appliances.  This is something I wish I had known about a long time ago.   Find out how on  A Real Life Housewife! FABULOUS tip!

And that's it for this week.  I hope you found something useful here along with something new to try out!  That's what it's all about.   Sharing.

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

(¯`✻´¯)
  `*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, 
so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. 
To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. 
To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over 
the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. 
~David Thoreau
✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  


 photo SAM_3297_zps96e5c59e.jpg 

In The English Kitchen today . . . a deliciously different Waldorf Salad.   Light, easy and very pretty. 

Have a great day today!  It's Friday already.  How did it come around so fast???  It's amazing how quickly the weeks fly by!


3 comments:

  1. I love the round ottoman..
    I ahve to recover so many things for the porch ..
    our problem is where I live..there are no fabric stores anymore:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For the pooch that has everything". Were you thinking of any dog in particular? Hee, hee...

    Some really lovely and crative ideas again this week. You are a real treasure trove of information.

    Enjoy your weekend (I hope you dodge the forecast snow) and see you again in March! Isn't this year simply speeding along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw w I loved your finds. I really liked the 12 ideas for Vick's Vapor Rub. I had heard about putting it on your feet; but some of the others are worth a try.
    I love red white and blue also; so those pictures were great.
    I especially loved the drawer fronts. My mother used to do some unique things with furniture. Whenever I came home from girl's camp. She would have my furniture changed in someway.
    The pink bed is adorable.
    I love that you give links for these finds.
    Blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!