Monday 23 December 2013

Small and Wonderful Things

  photo SMALLANDWONDERFULTHINGS_zps0c49db7e.jpg

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life.   It's the small things in life which truly mean the most.  Simple abundance . . . it's the best.

 photo index41_zpsdd4892bd.jpg

The whole of the Primary (Children's Sunday School) in our church sang Away In A Manger in church yesterday.  It was so cute.  We have a really large primary in our Ward and it grows by leaps and bounds each year.   It is so nice to see such a lovely bunch of children.   It shows me that our church is not getting old, but that there is plenty of youth in it to keep it moving along!



Go up to the top of the page and pause the music.  It's ok.  I will wait.
Now, play this.   Last night was the Song's of Praise Big Sing 2013 and they did the top ten carols in the UK as voted by the viewers.  This was number one.  Oh Holy Night, sung by Michael Ball.  Just beautiful.  When we lived down South our Bishop would sing this at church every Christmas.  It was one of our favourite parts of the holidays.  We had just been saying yesterday how very much we miss it each year, so this was a gift.  It wasn't Bishop Bascom, but it was a darned good second best!

 photo p01nq3lf_zps73f39620.jpg

We also got to enjoy Susan Boyle sing.   I really admire her.   My father just loves her.   I always send him her latest album for Christmas.  I am always very inspired by what she has had to overcome to be able to do what she does and do it so beautifully.  She's just awesome!

 photo ce61ed7227671ee367c060b7865a30b8_zps6e1e7a1b.jpg

The doorbell rang last evening and when Todd opened it up there were some children singing carols outside the house.  It made us smile.  They ended up with half our box of Celebrations!  mitzie enjoyed them as well, such a lovely treat!

   photo CameronChristmas2013_zpsfa1d571a.jpg

Just the most adorable little Minnion ever.  This is Cameron on his mum's lap.  My daughter makes beautiful babies.  Tom helps of course.

 photo TheDogWhisperer_zps059eb707.jpg

My son Bruce, the dog whisperer.   Here he is enjoying Baxter on his legs, whilst cuddling Sara's parent's pooch.  He is clearly a dog lover.   We mostly had cats when the children were growing up, one at a time of course!  I like cats when they aren't trying to eat our fish.

 photo Dashing_zpsce484e6a.jpg

There's Maryn dashing through the snow and enjoying the moment!  Sweetest Granddaughter ever!  I know . . . I am biased, but I think I am allowed to be!

 photo JoshuaChristmas2013_zpsdbd2d1d5.jpg

This is Joshua enjoying his visit with Santa!  He's our little red headed grandson.
I love my grandbabies.

 photo JacobChristmas2013_zps643db72b.jpg

Jacob is a little bit uncertain about Santa Claus.  But then again, he is only three.
Santa can be quite scary at three. 

Shall I leave you with a smile for today?  I think so . . .

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
(¯`✻´¯)
`*.¸.*✻ღϠ₡ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
My cheerful attitude
and grateful heart lead me to joy and peace.
~Jackson Kiddard


 

There is a selection of delicious starters in The English Kitchen today. 

Have a wonderful Monday!  If you are travelling today to get home for Christmas, stay safe!  Go with God. xxoo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!